Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Ron

Chatham 14 Strathroy 0...

Post by Ron »

Just one of those things?
brad 36

Re: Chatham 14 Strathroy 0...

Post by brad 36 »

Chatham showed up to play tonight after a tough loss in Sarnia Thursday night and strathroy just looked like they were out of gas tonight. Nice to see the maroons finally had a good special teams night as well as they have not been good this far in that area
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Could be a good spark for the Maroons to get something going. Chatham is in Leamington Thursday should be a good one.
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I know how it feels to be Buffalo or Pelham now.

That is the worst I've seen us play in years. It's depressing considering they played 4 fantastic games the previous 2 weeks.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Two tough games back to back and no more gas in the tank. It happens every so often. They played so well Saturday night.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Now it is up to the coaching staff to get the boys motivated and put this drubbing behind them. Whether or not it is 10, 14 or 20-0, it is one game out of 50 or so. The real issue would be if you were consistently getting your behinds handed to you! I am sure they will bounce back...and I will bet the farm, the next game against Chatham, the coaches will have those boys ready to play...and a 14-0 thrashing will be just the motivation needed!!
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

FrozenPonds wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:40 pm Now it is up to the coaching staff to get the boys motivated and put this drubbing behind them. Whether or not it is 10, 14 or 20-0, it is one game out of 50 or so. The real issue would be if you were consistently getting your behinds handed to you! I am sure they will bounce back...and I will bet the farm, the next game against Chatham, the coaches will have those boys ready to play...and a 14-0 thrashing will be just the motivation needed!!
November 4th. I know I will be making the drive to Strathroy.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

GOJHLFAN....great to hear you support your team, and even more importantly, this league, at away games!

This league has tons of support! The type of support that makes other leagues envious! That is something the league needs to ensure continues and I would take it a step further and start recognizing those fans, like yourself, who are committed to the brand and on-ice product!! The possibilities for this league are endless.

Everyone involved needs to be on the same page. The past 9 months or so has created a divide within the ranks. I have always asked...what was the "A" about?? Was it about making teams more valuable?? Was it about an equal playing field?? Whatever the reasons may be, there is solid history with this league. The scouts know all about this league. They don't need the OJHL to tell them where to be. They know already and this league should do everything it can to keep kids west of the GTA thinking of the GOJHL.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

GOJHLFAN-999 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:43 pm
FrozenPonds wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:40 pm Now it is up to the coaching staff to get the boys motivated and put this drubbing behind them. Whether or not it is 10, 14 or 20-0, it is one game out of 50 or so. The real issue would be if you were consistently getting your behinds handed to you! I am sure they will bounce back...and I will bet the farm, the next game against Chatham, the coaches will have those boys ready to play...and a 14-0 thrashing will be just the motivation needed!!
November 4th. I know I will be making the drive to Strathroy.
Tonights match in Lasalle will be a test for both teams. Lasalle lost a game last Saturday in Strathroy that they fully expected to win. Strathroy followed that big win by being thoroughly embarrassed by a Chatham team that doesn't bulge the twine very often. First game back for both clubs after a very disappointing last game. It should be interesting to see which team will rebound best.
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Chatham has won 4 out of the last 5 when they beat Strathroy 14-0 with 9 out of 10 possible points (4-0-1). Strathroy has not won since this game and have only a tie (0-5-1).

Never-the-less, I'm still looking forward to this game as I think the Rockets will be up and ready for the game on Saturday. I hope they have a sell-out crowd.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Will there be another beat down at WMMC tonight?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Depends which Rockets team decides to show up.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Well by the looks of the score the wrong team was on the ice. Nice to see the backup goalie got a workout and there were some good things going on during the game just not consistently. On the bright side no 14 to 0.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I don't know how it looked on your side of the ice, but on mine, I saw a better effort than what I've seen the last 3 weeks. We were down 5 0 going into the 3rd and battled back to 5 3.
Queen of the GOJHL

Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

The first senrtence of my post was in response to “which Rockets team was going to show up” . The final score would indicate the answer, but as I previously posted there was some glimmers of hope I.e the third period,. There is only one direction to go and that’s forward, fingers crossed.