London Strong Again

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Caledonia Fan

London Strong Again

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.lfpress.com/2017/08/15/londo ... h-new-team

London looks like there going to me the team to beat in the west.
Port hockey1

Re: London Strong Again

Post by Port hockey1 »

Is London as good as they look? They look to have four lines that can score on any given night. They also appear to have a very good group playing defense. On paper, they're probably the best team in the GOJHL.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I saw London play in Lasalle last week and they looked terrible, but probably just an off night, will get a good indication this Thursday night when they visit Leamington, probably the 2 top teams in this conference.
End of a era in Leamington
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

The thing about London I don't think they have played with a full line up yet.
Mit. Webb 1 game Brooksaw 1 game Andiauer, Sinclair and Wilson havn't played yet.
I think there still with the team. And I count 10 20 year olds on there roster.
This must be a mistake.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

No surprise here. Saw them showcase weekend. Outplayed both St.Kitts/Elmira. Can see them winning the league this year, but not going any further with what they have in net. Looking on pointstreak, 6 goals on 26 shots against Lasalle, 3 on 20 shots against St.Mary's. Was impressed with them against Elmira, but seeing the Kings now, maybe they aren't as good as what we thought. No Reinhart, and new coach that hasn't impressed thus far.
Bobbyorr

Post by Bobbyorr »

Elmira coach not impressive at all. 9 power plays and uses 5 forwards and no goals. He is 4 and 0. Replace him!!
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Bobbyorr wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:03 am Elmira coach not impressive at all. 9 power plays and uses 5 forwards and no goals. He is 4 and 0. Replace him!!
5 forwards on a power play is generally a good way to give up short handed goals. Wonder if he has considered using 4 defencemen on the penalty kill as well?
Bobbyorr

Post by Bobbyorr »

They have given up numerous breakaways as forwards do not know when to back up or hold the line. I have been a Sugar King season ticket holder for over ten years and this is the worst coaching I have seen. He has 3 offensive horses on the bench in Murray,mcbay and bond and uses none of them??
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Big pickup by London on pointstreak. 4 year OHL vet Ovsjannikov. Elmira must have proved to them that having the top goalie can win you a championship
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

development league, Czechoslovakian hockey player
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Cal 99ers wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm development league, Czechoslovakian hockey player
Not sure what the player's nationality has to do with it. Top 20 year olds have chance to play University hockey, especially the ones who have their post secondary schooling paid by OHL teams.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Leamington has been by far the best team in this conference so far, and will be getting better sooner then later, but this move helps London, solid pick up
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

flyers2011 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:45 pm Leamington has been by far the best team in this conference so far, and will be getting better sooner then later, but this move helps London, solid pick up
I'm sure there's no bias from flyers2001 on how good leamington is
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

id say the stats back me up so far ??
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

flyers2011 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:16 pm id say the stats back me up so far ??
The stats? No they don't. Record has them as the best team. Stats do not. So you saying your favourite team is by far the best shows that you have a bias. Maybe have a look at the stats before commenting
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

SugarKing wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:50 pm
flyers2011 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:16 pm id say the stats back me up so far ??
The stats? No they don't. Record has them as the best team. Stats do not. So you saying your favourite team is by far the best shows that you have a bias. Maybe have a look at the stats before commenting
[/quote
Just to be clear, I've only seen both teams play live once, both at the showcase weekend. But looking at stats, London scores more goals, and is better in both ends of special teams. Also, looking at when Leamington played London, Leamington won 6-3 with two empty net goals, and London outshot them. So you saying they are by far the best team is just wrong. Sorry to burst your hometown bubble
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Oh my lol getting all upset cause I said London hasn't been the best team so far. Pathetic
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

SugarKing wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:15 am Big pickup by London on pointstreak. 4 year OHL vet Ovsjannikov. Elmira must have proved to them that having the top goalie can win you a championship
I think the lesson was good coaching will win you a championship.
Goal-tending, scoring and defense are also part of the equation.
SugarKing is clearly a Londoner in costume.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

flyers2011 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:49 pm Oh my lol getting all upset cause I said London hasn't been the best team so far. Pathetic
Clearly SugarKing isn't from Elmira.
We're at every WF game and Leamington is easily the team to beat so far. Hope it changes in favor of us but right now they're the best team.