Golden Horseshoe Standings 2017-2018 predictions...

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Ron

Golden Horseshoe Standings 2017-2018 predictions...

Post by Ron »

1. Caledonia ProFit Corvairs
2. St. Catharines Falcons
3. Welland Junior Canadians
4. Niagara Falls Canucks
5. Ancaster Avalanche
6. Fort Erie Meteors
7. Thorold BlackHawks
8. Pelham Panthers
9. Buffalo Regals
GOJHLfan1

Re: Golden Horseshoe Standings 2017-2018 predictions...

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia
St. Catharines
Niagara Falls
Ancaster
Welland
Fort Erie
Thorold
Pelham
Buffalo
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Caledonia, St. Catharine's and Niagara Falls is all that really matters. The GH has become more predictable than ever.

Hopefully one of Welland, Ancaster etc. can rise up. It's nice to see Cinderella making a run, like Welland a few years ago, or Port Colborne and Josh Wall when they were upsetting the giants back in the day. Ancaster had a good 2-3 year run a while back as well.

However, I expect it to be status quo once again this year.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Caledonia
St Catherine's
Niagara Falls
Ancaster
Welland
Thorold
Fort Erie
Pelham
Buffalo

I'm predicting welland struggles a bit and can even go a bit lower 5th. Heard Mccoriston isn't back so there gonna struggle without a really strong goalie. I think thorold will have a strong year with Barnes as coach. Should be a good year
jax

Post by jax »

Yes the shoe is so predictable top three should be the same Ancaster! Welland than who knows .
,I may say welland will be better off without Mccoriston .a lot of soft goals allowed
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

jax wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 pm Yes the shoe is so predictable top three should be the same Ancaster! Welland than who knows .
,I may say welland will be better off without Mccoriston .a lot of soft goals allowed
I think McCoriston is in Caledonia
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

1 caledonia. 2 Niagara Falls. 3 St. Catharines. 4 Ancaster 5 Welland 6 thorold 7 fort erie 8 Pelham 9 buffalo
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:44 pm
jax wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 pm Yes the shoe is so predictable top three should be the same Ancaster! Welland than who knows .
I think McCoriston is in Caledonia
He is in Caledonia yes
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

1. St.Catharines
2. Caledonia
3. Niagara Falls
4. Ancaster
5. Fort Erie
6. Welland
7. Pelham
8. Thorold
9. Buffalo

The above predictions were made before I heard much about a few teams. Here's my adjusted predictions:

1. Caledonia
2. St.Catharines
3. Niagara Falls
4. Welland
5. Ancaster
6. Fort Erie
7. Pelham
8. Thorold
9. An improved Buffalo
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

I think it will be a very interesting season!
3rd through 8th are not predictable now. Ancaster has filled the roster with 2000's and is in a complete rebuild. Welland is very similar.. It should be fun to see what happens!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia will be the team to beat again. St Catharines and Niagara Falls will fight it out for second. Than I put Welland, Ancaster and Fort Erie will fight for 4,5 and 6. Pelham and Thorold will fight for 6 and 7. Buffalo (8) should improve I hope from last year.
I see Caledonia has pick up 3 more OHL 20 year olds Mark Bzowey and Andrew Burns and Jesse Barwell.
Barwell will cost two cards I think. Bzowey and Burns have played in the GO before.
They all ready have a lot of 20 year olds so something will have to change.
This will probably effect the three guys they mention coming up from the Hawks (JR-C)
They got to many Dmen as well.

https://www.sachem.ca/sports-story/7537 ... -showcase/

I don't like the new look
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

I wonder if those 3 players had a talk with each other on where to go. A package deal so to speak. Looking at their stats all 3 played for the same Oakville Rangers squad growing up.
Bobbyorr

Post by Bobbyorr »

How many 20 year olds can you have. This is suppose to be a developement league not the OHL. Disgraceful!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I see on Pointstreak they have some of the teams active players list for 2017-2018.
St Kitts , Caledonia and Welland not up to date yet.
But the rest of the GHC teams are. I was looking at Fort Erie, Thorold, Ancaster and Pelham.
No twenty year olds of what I saw. Very few 19 year olds lots of 2000's.
I'm all for developement but some veteran experience on a team is good. These teams they look like midget hockey teams.
Even Buffalo have 3 20 year olds and 5 19 year olds. They also have twenty players on there list.
Who knows they could finish better than some people think. I know it's early lets hope these teams pick up some veteran help.
Another thing Thorold is also a very small team. It's not going to be pretty when these teams play Caledonia, St Kitts and N. F.
N. F. is a hugh team 14 guys over 6ft. 5 20 year olds and 8 19 year olds. The same will go for Caledonia and St Kitts lots of 20 + 19 year olds.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

should be a great year. Really looks like St.kitts is pushing to get over the edge and come first. They were looking really good. But Caledonia responded strong with the new signings. guess we will see just how good each and every team is on the ice.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017 ... is-weekend

A good read on the Golden Horeshoe Conference.I really like the comment about the Showcase.

'All 26 teams in the GOJHL will each start the season by playing two games in a showcase that will feature more works in progresses than finished products.

“The Showcase Tournament is always a difficult one,” Pietrangelo said. “Rosters are just being finalized, players are moving into billet homes and starting school, and the on-ice product is really not what it will be in a month’s time'

' works in progresses'
' on ice product is really not what it will be in a month's time'

I know the scouts who come out to the showcase already have players in mine to watch.
But I still say why do we have the Showcase so early.
I liked it when St Catharines had the Showcase. It was not at the start of the season.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:26 am I know the scouts who come out to the showcase already have players in mine to watch.
But I still say why do we have the Showcase so early.
I liked it when St Catharines had the Showcase. It was not at the start of the season.
I asked someone that last year and was told point blank that the NCAA told them to do it this weekend. That way teams can actually make it, and we get a good draw.