Busy off season so far for St.Catharines

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Busy off season so far for St.Catharines

Post by Caledonia Fan »

All the other teams in the GO being pretty quiet this off season. Even Caledonia who is usually quite active.
But not St Catharines they got a new coach and have sign a lot of players so far. Here's a list.
Derek Raposon
Nathan Smilsky
Carson Eden
Hayden Broomhead
Mitchell Pellarin
Jaleel Adams
Josh Chiarot
Evan Miller
I don't know if this is true -
OHLInsiders(.com)‏ @OHLinsiders Jun 10
More
Just heard Ex Erie Otters, Peterborough Petes, & Saginaw Spirit FWD Mitchell Webb will play Jr. B next year in London with brother Jack.
This might be why they went out and got Hayden Broomhead
Undertaker

Re: Busy off season so far for St.Catharines

Post by Undertaker »

Broomhead will replace a lot of what was lost with the Webb boys going to London.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:25 pm Just heard Ex Erie Otters, Peterborough Petes, & Saginaw Spirit FWD Mitchell Webb will play Jr. B next year in London with brother Jack.
The Webb brothers are attending Western University. This is why they will be playing with London this year. Wish them lots of success with London.
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Niagara Falls with a few nice acquisitions as well, especially Matt Caruso.
Red blacks

Post by Red blacks »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:40 pm Broomhead will replace a lot of what was lost with the Webb boys going to London.
Falcons also signed Matthew busby(d) coubourg cougars.
Tristan dejong(d) Cambridge winter hawks.
Matt baumann(f) Milton ice hawks.
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Busby is a very nice signing for the Falcons. Quality defenceman for sure.

Not sure how to project the other two signings, they look more like depth at this point, which is always nice.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Welland Cougars wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am Busby is a very nice signing for the Falcons. Quality defenceman for sure.

Not sure how to project the other two signings, they look more like depth at this point, which is always nice.
I'd bet on DeJong playing a Top 4 role with Fitzgerald. He's an impressive young hockey player. Played as a 16 year old and moved up Cambridge's depth chart. Responsible two-way player with some size who can move well.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I think the Falcons are going to be in a battle with Caledonia all season. I haven't seen much about how Caledonia looks yet this year, but you got to figure they'll be deep again. But I think the Falcons are tired of being just slightly behind the Corviars in the standings, and the playoffs.

I hope I'm right, because it makes for a lot better hockey when there's two, or more teams, battling back and forth for 1st all season. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Some of the rumors I've heard about Caledonia signing players point to some young blood this year. Could be interesting.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I don't know how there getting younger.( Caledonia) They still have 8 20 year olds on the roster Fletcher, Lauzon , DeFarias, Mayo, Craievich, Henley, Gonyou and Baird. Maybe some of these players are moving on I don't know. I don't know want Moro, Schulz, and Bidenti are doing. As for the rest of the team from last year are gone. Devins-Cann, Hrysko, Roubos, Chenard, Van Schbert, and Monachino have moved up.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Haven't heard anything about returning players.

But the 3-4 names I've heard they've recruited are all 2000's, including a goalie from the Barrie AAA program.
Red blacks

Post by Red blacks »

Red blacks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:53 pm
Undertaker wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:40 pm Broomhead will replace a lot of what was lost with the Webb boys going to London.
Falcons also signed Matthew busby(d) coubourg cougars.
Tristan dejong(d) Cambridge winter hawks.
Matt baumann(f) Milton ice hawks.
Another signing by st. Catharines falcons. Mike davies(f) Saginaw spirit.