Finals; Listowel vs Elmira predictions

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Finals; Listowel vs Elmira predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

Going to say Listowel in 6.

I think they have a deeper team and that their goaltending has been just as good as Elmira. I think the Elmira goalie will win them a couple of games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
jfvoll

Re: Finals; Listowel vs Elmira predictions

Post by jfvoll »

Im going with Listowel as well. Probably in 6
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

If you saw how poorly these 2 teams played last couple times in brantford you wouldn't be so sure.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

No offence, but they were playing Brantford. Teams tend to not give it their full effort against the bottom teams.

I haven't seen Listowel play this year, but I'm hoping to make it to a game in this series.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Good reason,that's why Cali only scored 28 goals.Standing at the glass they looked like they were trying to me.Listowel only ran up the score at home cause last change they could put Lansink out against piano mans line.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Big OT win for Elmira tonight. They were outshot, but they capitalized on their power play chances. They also have probably the best goalie in the GOJHL, so you can't be taking penalties against these guys and think you can out score them.

A lot of penalties called in this game.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Listowel's in trouble

Former Caledonia Corviar Jake Brown with the hat-trick as Elmira wins 3-2. Listowel being down 2-0 is cause for concern. Not going to be easy to comeback from that hole with Elmira's goaltending. Should be interesting.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockeyhead1

Post by Hockeyhead1 »

3-2 in regulation. Some interesting calls in this one.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hockeyhead1 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:32 pm 3-2 in regulation. Some interesting calls in this one.
Oops, thanks for the correction. :)
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Hockeyhead1 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:32 pm Some interesting calls in this one.
Got that right. I've been to both games and Im surprised how full both rinks have been.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Listowel came up big tonight, winning in OT. The series is all tied up 2-2. This one's probably going the distance.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Big Game 6 tonight. What's gonna happen? Will Listowel close out the series, or will Elmira force Game 7?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

If Listowel wins are they number one going into the Sutherland Cup.They get home ice.
They can't play Elmira so they play Caledonia or London. Is London ahead of Caledonia or is Caledonia ahead of London.
If Listowel loses they still play Caledonia or London but loose home ice. Same goes with Elmira if they win the series they won't get home ice.
So is London ahead of Caledonia or is Caledonia ahead of London.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Remember, first round doesn't count, so if Listowel wins tonight, all 3 Champs have the same 8-2 record and are seeded based on goal differential.
Queen of the GOJHL

jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

jfvoll wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:18 am Im going with Listowel as well. Probably in 6
Im right hahaha
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Surprised Skinner and Hoelscher where such a non factor in that series.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

"Caledonia won't get away with that stuff against us."Well now we'll see.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

That was a Conference final tonight. It was loud and exciting from the first puck drop to the final buzzer.

And Elmira is the Wild Card this year, facing Caledonia in the next round. London and Listowel are the other series.
Queen of the GOJHL

Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Elmira looked a step behind in the first and couldn't keep up. Then the script flipped in the second but elmira couldn't capitalize. But was a even 3rd. Listowel was clearly the better team tonight. Brown didn't seem like he was skating like he was in Caledonia in the past either. And boy does Utlet play a lot. He looked so tired and just didn't skate with the puck after awhile. They have to cut down on his ice time so that he is more effective