Poinstreak changes

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RecKing

Poinstreak changes

Post by RecKing »

Pointstreak has suddenly decided that they need to re-invent their webpage. Therree's some good and some bad things. I see they've added some things (like a page devoted to team stats like PP and PK plus ranking). Perhaps the larger font changes are warranted for those using smaller, hand-held devices, but overall other than the font (text size) there was little that really needed changing. Instead the company should have changed some of its actual programming - forget stuff like red blocks hiighlighhting a team's points instead give operators some prompts to avoid duplication (like gaols scored t the exact same time by the same team or different teams - or something that indicates a missing a part of a penalty i.e. game misconduct or accompanying minor, missing shot totals for a period etc.). Yes the redesign is a slight improvement but so much more could be done to improve the system rather than the cosmetic stuff. Although I am not complaining about the new enhancements, the old adage applies here: "if it ain't broke don't fix it."
Port hockey1

Re: Poinstreak changes

Post by Port hockey1 »

I don't like the way the scoreboard is now. You have to click on the box that has the Month with the game days underlined to see the days now. Before you could just glance at it to see when there were game nights. Not a real big deal I guess... Just thought it was annoying.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I don't know how true it is, but it may not matter next season what it looks like.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 pm I don't know how true it is, but it may not matter next season what it looks like.
That sounds like there could a rumor about our league folding... Doesn't sound good. :(
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
arcprohd

Post by arcprohd »

Or them not using Poinstreak for their website... wouldn't want to jump to too much of a conclusion.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

arcprohd wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:43 pm Or them not using Poinstreak for their website... wouldn't want to jump to too much of a conclusion.
I think I like that thought better. lol
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Port hockey1 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:39 pm
RocketGirl wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 pm I don't know how true it is, but it may not matter next season what it looks like.
That sounds like there could a rumor about our league folding... Doesn't sound good. :(
This can't be a serious post. I'd truly hope nobody is this dumb.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Yep, the league is folding, because that seems entirely plausible.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

LOL, yes, why use a different stats site when you can just shut down the entire league? :)
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Administrator wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:21 pm LOL, yes, why use a different stats site when you can just shut down the entire league? :)
That sounds like there could a rumor about our league folding... Doesn't sound good :(
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:17 pm Yep, the league is folding, because that seems entirely plausible.
Thorold, Buffalo, Pelham, Lambton Shores... With those teams in mind, seeing this league fold, and the other teams ending up in a new league wouldn't exactly be shocking. The league saw a lot of turmoil this season.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Wow........sarcasm is completely lost on you guys. LOL
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Administrator wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:23 pm Wow........sarcasm is completely lost on you guys. LOL
There was talk of the league being in trouble earlier this season. When Thorold's season was halted, it made me feel a little uneasy. Was just hoping nothing drastic was going to happen in the future. I guess 'folding' wasn't the best word to use... I meant, I was hoping the league wasn't changing it's name, and kicking team's to the curb. :)