Surprizes So Far

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Surprizes So Far

Post by Caledonia Fan »

With almost a third of the season over. I thought I would look at a few things so far that have surprize me so far.
- Brendan D'Agostino (Thorold) leading scorer in the GOJHL
- 4 guys in the top ten in scoring (Thorold) and two are defencemen in the GOJHL
- Thorold having the top two defencemen in scoring and Welland and Ft Erie 3 -4 in defence scoring in the GOJHL
- Thorld second in GOJHL goals scored
- N.F. with best pp in the league and Thorold second
- The play of Welland and there offence big surprize so far
- Listowel 12-1 best in the midwest and best in all the GOJHL
- Two best goalies (Listowel) in the GOJHL and only 20 GA
- Listowel having the best PK in the GOJHL
All the talk about Chatham and so far there playing well and holding on to 3rd spot in the west
- and the bad start of two teams Kitchener and St Thomas
Be free to comment want have surprize you so far
StCathFalcons

Re: Surprizes So Far

Post by StCathFalcons »

Here's one that surprises me. Falcons are 15th in PK. It's something they always have pride themselves on. But are horrible this year (compared to previous years efforts). They could find themselves doing even better than they are, if they can stop the odd PP goal against.

Thorold's only three goals against them last game, were all PP goals. Which brings us back to your original point, great PP for Thorold. :-)
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Never knew that about St Kitts PK. There PK looked good in Caledonia in there 4-1 win.
Late in the third 4-1 St Kitts and the refs start calling a high sticking at 17:o4 and than a double minor at 18:16
You see this a lot in the league refs calling late penalties against the team that's winning
St Kitts did a good job killing these off. And a lot of time the teams pull there goalie and it's 6 on 4 or even 6 on 3
Take a look at the Caledonia vs Welland back to back same thing and there's more.
Nick Pastorious should help the PK
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Would never have guess the Falcons were 15 in PK tonight after they shut down Ancaster power play and their great record.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

three dog night wrote:Would never have guess the Falcons were 15 in PK tonight after they shut down Ancaster power play and their great record.
Agreed....they did a great job on the PK last night against the Avs. Killed two full minutes of 5 on 3 as well.

Maybe they've turned the bend on this.

Thorold and Niagara Falls have the best PP's in the conference (statistically speaking), and Thorold lit them up for their only three goals the last time they played. Will be interesting to see if Niagara can do the same.

Ex-Falcon Owen Green scored on the PP for the Canucks last night, against Caledonia. He will be inspired and motivated to give it to the Falcons, after being traded by them. Good article on him after the Canucks loss last night.
http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2016/1 ... e-a-canuck
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Why did they trade Green? He was having a great season. :?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:Why did they trade Green? He was having a great season. :?
They needed room for DiTomaso and Pastorious. Maybe he was one of the only ones willing to go or asked to be traded who knows.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
They needed room for DiTomaso and Pastorious. Maybe he was one of the only ones willing to go or asked to be traded who knows.
Based on his comments in the news article, I don't think he wanted, or expected, to be traded.

No denying what DiTomaso and Pastorious have to offer, but both are 20 years olds. Falcons gave up a '99 (Koz) to Thorold, and Green (a '97) for 20 year olds. If the Falcons don't win the league, then one can argue they gave up an awful lot. Here's hoping!

And as for Green having a great season....no kidding! Was having a very productive year. Team guy. Niagara very fortunate to score him. I look forward to the Niagara vs Falcons game. I will be pulling for the Falcons to win, but for Green to maybe score one or two. :mrgreen:
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

StCathFalcons wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Based on his comments in the news article, I don't think he wanted, or expected, to be traded.

No denying what DiTomaso and Pastorious have to offer, but both are 20 years olds. Falcons gave up a '99 (Koz) to Thorold, and Green (a '97) for 20 year olds. If the Falcons don't win the league, then one can argue they gave up an awful lot. Here's hoping!

And as for Green having a great season....no kidding! Was having a very productive year. Team guy. Niagara very fortunate to score him. I look forward to the Niagara vs Falcons game. I will be pulling for the Falcons to win, but for Green to maybe score one or two. :mrgreen:
Players are allowed to decline trades so obviously he ok with it.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Maybe he was one of the only ones willing to go or asked to be traded who knows.
I'm just saying, based on his remarks, I think he was surprised. Yes, he would have had to approved of the move for it to be finalized. But I doubt he asked for the trade.

Pretty sure Girhiny and Pietrangelo have a good relationship. I'm sure it would have been a good sell, from both sides.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

StCathFalcons wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:Maybe he was one of the only ones willing to go or asked to be traded who knows.
I'm just saying, based on his remarks, I think he was surprised. Yes, he would have had to approved of the move for it to be finalized. But I doubt he asked for the trade.

Pretty sure Girhiny and Pietrangelo have a good relationship. I'm sure it would have been a good sell, from both sides.
Yep your right. Most players are not aware they have that option to so
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Surprised by the young talent they've traded the last two years. The defensemen in Thorold, and now Green in Niagara Falls. I don't know their situations, but it's too bad they couldn't have made smaller moves over moving these talented kids.

Plus, if one of those two teams has a hot goalie in the playoffs, it would be a painful way to have your season end, on a Green or Roubos goal. I wouldn't be overly concerned with Thorold, but Niagara Falls might make some noise in the playoffs.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

Biggest surprise, Buffalo hasn't folded yet. Second biggest surprise, Pelham hasn't folded yet. Both organizations are a joke.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Canuckalhead wrote:Biggest surprise, Buffalo hasn't folded yet. Second biggest surprise, Pelham hasn't folded yet. Both organizations are a joke.
Third biggest surprise, Pelham shutouts Buffalo. Hahahahahaha
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Fort Erie goalie scores empty net goal

Tonight against Niagara Falls
Fort Erie - Shayne Battler (short handed) (empty net) (unassisted) 17:21
drafty

Post by drafty »

Fort Erie goalie scores empty net goal
He was just the last FE player to touch the puck before a NF player tried a pass out from behind the FE net and it went all the way down the ice into the empty net. He played a fantastic game also, to go with the goal.