Undefeated Teams

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

cpt obvious

Undefeated Teams

Post by cpt obvious »

Just looking over the PJHL stats page. There seems to be a number of teams with zero losses. Is this normal and has anyone gone undefeated in recent years?
tendee

Re: Undefeated Teams

Post by tendee »

there is only 5
leafs63

Post by leafs63 »

Not that I know of. Essex was the closes to a perfect season in 2009, they went 59-1-1-1 including playoffs. I believe the only lost in regular season was a shootout loss to Wheatley.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Found this article about Dorchester;

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/12/22/dorch ... e-junior-c
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

With the overage being 21 year old's . You get some interesting teams in the PJHL league.
Most of the teams that dominate are full of veteran players.
" The state of junior C these days is one or two teams from each of the loop’s eight conferences load up for a run at the provincial crown"
Most of the times it's the same teams year after year. I thought they were going to drop the 21 year old overager rule.
If they do this they will have to compete with the other leagues JR-B, Tier 2 JR-A and the OHL.
Don't know if I like the no point rule in O/T or not. Sitting on the fence on that one.
I no want I don't like in JR-C is the icing rule. You can change your lines on icing calls.
So if your in trouble in your own end just dump it out and change lines.
I have seen teams ice it just to get the line match ups they want.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:With the overage being 21 year old's . You get some interesting teams in the PJHL league.
Most of the teams that dominate are full of veteran players.
" The state of junior C these days is one or two teams from each of the loop’s eight conferences load up for a run at the provincial crown"
Most of the times it's the same teams year after year. I thought they were going to drop the 21 year old overager rule.
If they do this they will have to compete with the other leagues JR-B, Tier 2 JR-A and the OHL.
Don't know if I like the no point rule in O/T or not. Sitting on the fence on that one.
I no want I don't like in JR-C is the icing rule. You can change your lines on icing calls.
So if your in trouble in your own end just dump it out and change lines.
I have seen teams ice it just to get the line match ups they want.
I personally like the overage rule. But I do think they need a limit on 20 year olds. A few teams load up on 20 year olds, then keep the best 3 the next season. At least a cap on 20 year olds would balance things a bit. But maybe these teams will just start loading up on 19 year olds... But even if they do, at least the ones that teams don't have room for the following year would be able to go elsewhere, and get that overage year if they pick their destination wisely.

The way things are now, a lot of 20 year olds miss out on their overage season because of the limit on overage players.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Port Hope lost tonight. Dorchester is the only undefeated team left.
leafs63

Post by leafs63 »

Dorchester is undefeated but not perfect, they do have 1 tie.