Blank1234

Ayr Centenials

Post by Blank1234 »

Seen that Cody Hall has been replaced?

Where did he go and why?
Seth

Re: Ayr Centenials

Post by Seth »

I'm going to guess that he left on his own, Scott Eby was on their staff last year I don't imagine they'll miss a beat.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Centenials are starting to load up . Cash Seraphim is back and they picked up Hudson Michaelis X Markham Royal X Cambridge Winterhawk
and Luke Guzzola from Waterloo Siskens. Just the start of lot of overage players going to play JR-C to get another year to play. Lot of time closer to home like Michaelis.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Ayr Centennials the best team money can buy.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Just looked at the standing again, 2 teams undefeated through the mid-way point.
Let me ask, are those the 2 favorites to win the Schmalz?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Apparently Gazzolla (sp?) is hurt and may not play this year according to a tweet from Jason Lott. Makes sense why he'd want another year.

Anyone know why Michaelis went to C? He was a top 6 in Jr. A. Seems odd to me.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

cpt obvious wrote:Just looked at the standing again, 2 teams undefeated through the mid-way point.
Let me ask, are those the 2 favorites to win the Schmalz?
Dorchester isn't a favorite. Their division winner tends to struggle against their opponents from the other divisions in the finals.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Seth

Post by Seth »

ILuvHackey wrote:Apparently Gazzolla (sp?) is hurt and may not play this year according to a tweet from Jason Lott. Makes sense why he'd want another year.

Anyone know why Michaelis went to C? He was a top 6 in Jr. A. Seems odd to me.
I've heard that Gazzola should be ready for the playoffs. Ayr is so deep that even if he missed a round or two it wouldn't hurt them. Michaelis probably went to Ayr for the extra year, wouldn't be the first time a kid has gone from Jr A to Jr C
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/sports-sto ... -deadline/

Can anyone stop Ayr. Paris might give them a go if they meet. But in 7 games going to hard to beat.
Grimsby should win the Bloomfield. Glanbrook might give them a go but the same thing in 7 games Grimsby going to be hard to beat.
I've watch Grimsby lots this year they might surprise Ayr. But Ary in a 7 game serious should win.
After that who knows. When you just play teams in your division it's hard to tell how your going to be against teams in another division.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Caledonia Fan wrote:http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/sports-sto ... -deadline/

Can anyone stop Ayr. Paris might give them a go if they meet. But in 7 games going to hard to beat.
Grimsby should win the Bloomfield. Glanbrook might give them a go but the same thing in 7 games Grimsby going to be hard to beat.
I've watch Grimsby lots this year they might surprise Ayr. But Ary in a 7 game serious should win.
After that who knows. When you just play teams in your division it's hard to tell how your going to be against teams in another division.
I think Ayr gets out of their own division pretty easily. The thing that will stop Ayr in my opinion is goaltending, I don't think Swindells is the guy to win another all Ontario title with.
tendee

Post by tendee »

kids leave to get an extra year in
when they go they want to play to a team that will have a long season
that is why players go to grimsby ayr essex alliston vs going to a team that finishes in feb
teams need to get a winning culture so that they can attract quality overage players- all common sense
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Halfway through the season I thought Ayr had the best team in the PJHL. Well it's starting to look like Essex & Port Hope are the best two teams in the league. And once again, Dorchester goes down fairly easy after advancing out of their division. They had a lot of people buying into them being a contender this year, I wasn't one of them.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Ayr outplayed Essex,the difference was Wolfe.It was almost as bad as watching Bollibruck in Elmira couple yrs. ago.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

In the 3rd Essex goalie made a save and left the puck visible in front of him.Ferris skated in and poked it in the net...Wolfe disallowed the goal, from behind the net vantage point and gave Ferris a slashing penalty.Brutal!
Seth

Post by Seth »

Ayr on the brink after losing last night in Essex 4-2. The most glaring stat in this series to me is the number of power plays for each team Essex has had 33 while Ayr has had 15. Having seen Ayr play this year they are not exactly choir boys and sure have enjoyed running over opposing goalies but to have a disparity in power plays like this just seems odd to me. Is Ayr really playing this undisciplined? Is Essex really playing this discipline or do the refs have it out for Ayr?
corvairsgf

Post by corvairsgf »

Ayr fans are absolutely pathetic! i went to the first game against Grimsby and the first game against Essex, and each time a player either a) got hurt b) got hit really hard the fans would clap and stand up as to say that it was a decent hit... a kid got almost knocked out on Essex and a bunch of fans were yelling telling him to get up he's a P*ssy etc etc.. But yet when Michaelis, or Klie get hit they cry for a penalty... Makes 0 sense.
Seth

Post by Seth »

I was in Ayr for Games 5 and 7 against Essex and listening to Ayr fans bitch about not getting calls to me was ridiculous. They got just about every call during the regular season and in the playoff rounds to get out of their division. About time they've had a taste of what everyone else had to put up with playing against Ayr all year.