Things got out of hand

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Things got out of hand

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia and Niagara Falls refs horrible calls tonight both ways.
Niagara Falls 59 mins on 21 infractions Caledonia 74 mins on 23 infractions
But it sure got the fans into it tonight.
Bullard and Pietranglo were on the refs. The fans on both sides were on the refs.
The benches were into it.Caledonia won the game 2-1 and won the fights 2 to 1
Lots of penalties in the Buffalo vs Fort Erie game too.
Buffalo 49 mins 15 infractions Fort Erie 68 mins on 18 infactions
Friday in St Kitts the same in the second period lots of penalties
Are we starting to see a trend here. Do refs really have to call so many infractions.
Trying to keep things under control or are they making it worst.

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscor ... id=2928744

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscor ... id=2928742

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscor ... id=2928736
StCathFalcons

Re: Things got out of hand

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Are we starting to see a trend here. Do refs really have to call so many infractions.
Trying to keep things under control or are they making it worst.
They've been absolutely atrocious of late! They think because they have the ability to affect a game, that they should take control and dole out lessons on coaches/teams, because their feeling get hurt if they're challenged.

Classic example in the St Kitts vs Fort Erie game the other night. Just Brutal. And agreed, both ways. I don't just mean against the Falcons. They were brutal against the Meteors as well.

Like the OHA, the refs are never held accountable. They wouldn't dare make them watch highlights of the mess ups.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Was no better in Welland last night
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I have never heard/saw more complaints about the referees than you guys in the Shoe.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

RocketGirl wrote:I have never heard/saw more complaints about the referees than you guys in the Shoe.
The Shoe is more active on here than the Midwest, which also has some questionable reffing as well
CC1

Post by CC1 »

I haven't found the reffing to be really bad until last week. The Falcons-Meteor game was just ridiculous. Even the newspaper article writer talked about it (not Potrecz).

Rocketgirl, when was the last time you saw a game in the Shoe?
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

jfvoll wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:I have never heard/saw more complaints about the referees than you guys in the Shoe.
The Shoe is more active on here than the Midwest, which also has some questionable reffing as well
Here's a article on the Cambridge paper on a game Cambridge vs Kitchener

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/sports-sto ... rror-show/
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

True fact...Caledonia and St Catharines always have said, they love the Sutherland playoffs, because refs at neutral, which means you never get refs from your league.

Come watch them once or twice when Caledonia and St Catharines play each other.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Because they've been brutal...
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

CC1 wrote:Rocketgirl, when was the last time you saw a game in the Shoe?
Good Friday. Went to watch a play-off game between between St Catharines and Ancaster.

I don't feel drawn to go watch a game in the Shoe, to be completely honest. Reading all the complaints on refs doesn't make it seem worthwhile. But the only games worth it would be St Kitts/Caledonia, and I have a hard time getting to St Catharines for Fri night and I don't go to Caledonia anymore.

Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

You can sum up the bad refereeing in two words.............Bob Morley!!!! He was the laziest and most brutal referee in OHA history and now he is their leader in the OHA office.
Hockeyhead1

Post by Hockeyhead1 »

Gotta chime in here. The reffing leaves a lot to be desired in the GOJHL, as it does in the OJHL and other junior leagues in Ontario. The common denominator is the OHA and how they mandate their officials call games.

There is very little game management by feel or pulse of what is happening on the ice by officials. Too often they paint themselves into a corner making marginal calls, only to be in a situation where there are calls that have to be made. The next thing you know 10-12 minutes of a 20 minute period are in situational play. Potential game flow lost. Action on the ice is lost. Caliber of play is lost. Spectator interest is lost.

Spectators want to see end to end, fast paced action, not the guys in stripes making big dramatic penalty calls stopped in front of the sin bin.

Refs used to manage games with conversation (with players, with bench bosses), warnings, coincidental minors, etc. If things were getting out of hand, they put a clamp on it. Now a days refs don't seem to even realize who out on the ice is giving them problems, let a lone how to "manage" them.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Canuckalhead wrote:You can sum up the bad refereeing in two words.............Bob Morley!!!! He was the laziest and most brutal referee in OHA history and now he is their leader in the OHA office.
Don't forget about Stortz. Guy skated around with a smirk on his face waving his hand up & down every time there should've been a penalty. We used to yell back; Then call the dive!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102