Lincoln folded

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

three dog night

Lincoln folded

Post by three dog night »

it appears Lincoln has folded web site no longer up and team off league schedule/
arcprohd

Re: Lincoln folded

Post by arcprohd »

It's too bad. Have to admit Jeff Tallman was one of the GMHL owners I could honestly say I respected. We covered a handful of games for the team early in their season. The team was new and had trouble competing some nights (St. George, Kingsville, etc.) but they did a good job and were respectable.

The stable of teams seems to be shrinking week by week. I just wonder where the league will be by season end. I would wonder if Jeff's decision was partly made by the headlines the league is making in Orangeville, etc. It's tough to raise sponsorship in a league that is having PR problems.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Saw them play last week in Port Colborne and they gave the Whalers all they could handle. Kind of shocking when I read this. Sucks for the players.
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

That's the 10th team the GMHL has lost since last season. When you have people who run the league who only care about money and not their franchises, this is bound to happen. Sucks for Niagara now as they will have further travel without Lincoln. I think they were suppose to play them 4 or 5 more times. This league is going downhill fast. Every media outlet out there think they are a joke. Vale Centre may be looking for another tenant if the Whalers have nobody to play.