Buffalo Regals

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

RocketGirl

Buffalo Regals

Post by RocketGirl »

I see on Twitter that Kevin Quick is going to be the coach for the 2016-17 season, so I guess that means they're coming back.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GOJHLfan1

Re: Buffalo Regals

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Heard there is a league vote happening in the near future to decide if Buffalo is to return or not.
puckcoach

Post by puckcoach »

Just saw this on the leagues web site, as a buffalonian I'm interested to see if they can pull this off.

The Buffalo Regals are excited to be returning to the GOJHL for the 2016-17 hockey season after a two year hiatus from the league. The Buffalo Regals Junior Hockey team is committed to providing players opportunities to advance to higher levels of play. Players will be challenged both on and off ice, through a highly competitive schedule within the Golden Horseshoe Conference of the GOJHL, intense on ice skill development and a regimented off ice training program and classroom sessions.

As part of the rebuilding process the Regals will look to Kevin Quick to coach the team and help get the program off of the ground. Coach Quick is a staple in the Western New York hockey community, he has coached many players to higher levels of hockey including Division I & III NCAA Hockey as well as several professional leagues including the NHL. With over 40 years of coaching experience Coach Quick has made significant contacts throughout the hockey world and understands the importance of moving players to the next level of play.

The team has been working hard to find players and put together a competitive roster while understanding the challenges associated with a two year absence from the league. Unlike many teams with returning players the Regals have an entire roster to fill, they continue to look at players and hope to finalize the roster in the coming weeks. Any interested players should feel free to contact General Manager Mike Answeeney at (716) 864-9568 or click here to complete the recruitment questionnaire.

The organization is looking forward to an exciting and competitive 2016-17 season.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

In Ancaster last night Regals brought 11 skaters and a goalie
They lost 17 - 1
Is there some kind of rule about how many players a team ice for a game
What happens if the goalie goes down
This is crazy someone got to stop this before someone gets hurt.
Running two lines the whole game crazy.
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

That's the joke the OHA is. The Regals held the GOJHL over a legal barrel that they had to be let back in when they wanted to. Time for the OHA to grow some and find a legal way to get rid of them.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Time for the GOJHL to find a way to rid themselves of the OHA as Major Jr did when the OHL was formed.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I haven't looked for myself, but I was told tonight that Buffalo has fired their coach.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016 ... yal-defeat

Whats the point is right
Something got to give Buffalo please fold before some one gets hurt
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

Nobody wants to play Buffalo anymore. You have to agree with the comments in this article. "Player's are going to get hurt" and "it was an OHA decision to let them back in, not the GOJHL." Who does the OHA answer to, the OHF?? If the OHA is too stupid to do anything about them, then the OHF or even Hockey Canada should step in and stop the slaughter. Somebody will be getting sued when someone gets hurts really bad.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The goals should have kept going up on the scoreboard. There's no reason to feel sorry for them. They can fold for the season, or for good. It's up to them.

This isn't peewee hockey. I would instruct my team to go out there and expose the OHA. I'm sure a few 40-0 games will catch more than enough media attention. I see nothing wrong with letting them finish the season and work on being competitive next year. But not if they are going to show up with less than two lines half of the time. That is ridiculous!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

The worst thing is, their management is so stupid. Their kids are actually jerks on the ice and that pisses off the other teams even more. It's going to all explode one night and there will be kids hurt and the only people to blame are the assholes sitting in the OHA office.
richard

Post by richard »

oha I thought had strict rules of admittance also strong quidlines to operate a team in the oha. Are their standards being compromised somewhat and for what reasons?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Hard to get player commitment when your teams a question mark less then a month before the season is supposed to start. Hopefully if they are serious about keeping a team then next year they will get more players out and be at least a little competitive. Hard to ask for much from them this season. I only feel bad for the players.
Last edited by GOJHLfan1 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Canuckalhead wrote:The worst thing is, their management is so stupid. Their kids are actually jerks on the ice and that pisses off the other teams even more. It's going to all explode one night and there will be kids hurt and the only people to blame are the assholes sitting in the OHA office.
Can you blame them? I am sure its not fun losing by more then 10 goals every game. Frustration sets in.
Caged

Post by Caged »

A buffalo player sent a picture to friends from the bench with the caption "When your hurt but the regals still make you dress to "look like we have a full team" ". The GOJHL Rumors got a hold of it and posted the picture to twitter with there own caption of "I don't believe this is legal".

The OHA has let this go on for too long. Buffalo has no place in the league.

https://twitter.com/GOJHLRumors2
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Wow.. Sounds like their ownership is really something special. Guy whines to the press, then pulls stunts like this. What a joke! :smt031 :smt073
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102