Schedule

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

HockeyDad1

Schedule

Post by HockeyDad1 »

Whats up? We usually have it mid July and its now August. Its great that they are working on going to Jr A, but how about we work on a schedule :lol:
GOJHLfan1

Re: Schedule

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Issue in the Golden Horseshoe Conference is holding up the release
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Is there a showcase schedule out? Looking to see which two teams Caledonia play?
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I haven't seen a Showcase schedule, but some teams have mentioned on their facebook pages who they are playing in the Showcase so it must be done. London has mentioned that they are playing Strathroy for their home opener.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Issue in the Golden Horseshoe Conference is holding up the release
Buffalo back out again, or is Toffolo still struggling to get kids signed... :lol: :smt031
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I heard that the schedule was to be released this past weekend. As GOJHLfan1 said, I've heard there's an issue with the Shoe schedule, that's why they're holding out. Hopefully it'll come out soon. Once it's out, I can plan what I'm gonna write about this season on the blog.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

From what I'm hearing the problem with the schedule is whether Buffalo is in or out. Apparently there's some question as to the timing of their (Buffalo) application to rejoin the league.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Lambton Shores had already announced tbat they were playing Buffalo in the Showcase:

The regular season will open with a pair of Showcase Games at the Western fair Sports Complex. The puck drops on the 2016-17 season Saturday, September 10 at 11am against Buffalo, followed by a game Sunday, September 11 at 10:30am against Brantford.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:From what I'm hearing the problem with the schedule is whether Buffalo is in or out. Apparently there's some question as to the timing of their (Buffalo) application to rejoin the league.
That was last years issue with them. This one is different. Complete opposite basically.
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

From Twitter

Buffalo Regals GOJHL junior team has an open tryout on Saturday 8/6 at 7 pm at Holiday cost is $20. Call/text 716 914-4712

This follows last Saturdays open tryout. Most teams have the bulk of their team already committed. This can't be a good sign.

On another note, how can the GOJHL expect to be serious about attaining jr A status with teams like Buffalo, Lambton Shores St Marys and Pelham and a few others struggling to find Jr B caliber players year after year after year?
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Is it possible that the GOJHL member teams could block Buffalo from returning?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Marcie wrote:Is it possible that the GOJHL member teams could block Buffalo from returning?
Your on the right track
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Marcie wrote:Is it possible that the GOJHL member teams could block Buffalo from returning?
Your on the right track
Could that not have happened when the application was made? We're trying and complaining about not being Jr A when we can't even get a schedule out.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

GOJHLfan1, last years issues for Buffalo were with USA Hockey . This year their problems are on this side of the Boarder
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

HockeyDad1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Your on the right track
Could that not have happened when the application was made? We're trying and complaining about not being Jr A when we can't even get a schedule out.
Good question. Its a whole big thing now though which is why the schedule is not out and nothing has been announced by the league.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:GOJHLfan1, last years issues for Buffalo were with USA Hockey . This year their problems are on this side of the Boarder
Yep your right, thats what I thought they were referring to.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Buffalo & Pelham are just too much. Year after year... Same old story. :roll:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
HockeyDad1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Your on the right track
Good question. Its a whole big thing now though which is why the schedule is not out and nothing has been announced by the league.
Im just a dad who wants to see his kid play, so I have no idea, but this is the latest we haven't really known what the deal is in our entire hockey career. I just don't get how on one hand they think they are Jr A (they could very well be) but on the other hand they can't even get a schedule out at a decent time.

It is what it is, just figured this would have been all figured out months ago.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

HockeyDad1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:
HockeyDad1 wrote:
Im just a dad who wants to see his kid play, so I have no idea, but this is the latest we haven't really known what the deal is in our entire hockey career. I just don't get how on one hand they think they are Jr A (they could very well be) but on the other hand they can't even get a schedule out at a decent time.

It is what it is, just figured this would have been all figured out months ago.
I think it is out of the hands of the league and Buffalo and those things take time so that is why taking so long.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm hearing the Showcase schedule is to be released on Monday. We'll see if that happens, but that's what I'm told.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I'm hearing the Showcase schedule is to be released on Monday. We'll see if that happens, but that's what I'm told.
Only the showcase schedule? What about the other 6 months?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

HockeyDad1 wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:I'm hearing the Showcase schedule is to be released on Monday. We'll see if that happens, but that's what I'm told.
Only the showcase schedule? What about the other 6 months?
Well if the showcase schedule does come out tomorrow would assume they will announce when the rest will come out.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Just telling you what I know.

Saw Pelham welcome back the Regals on Twitter, so they must have worked out that issue and I'd expect the full schedule to be available on Pointstreak shortly.
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The 2016-17 season is now live on Pointstreak however the schedule is not yet posted. Hopefully we will see it before the day is over and we can start marking our calendars.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Marcie wrote:The 2016-17 season is now live on Pointstreak however the schedule is not yet posted. Hopefully we will see it before the day is over and we can start marking our calendars.
Step in the right direction finally. Hopefully today or tomorrow.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I found the Showcase schedule.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/gojhl-showcase-2016/

My boys have Elmira and Fort Erie.

On a side note, the league needs to learn that it's St. Marys, no apostrophe. As a previous poster on here, and Lincolns fan, pointed out, it's a town, not a church.
Queen of the GOJHL

HockeyDad1

Post by HockeyDad1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I found the Showcase schedule.

http://overtimesportsnation.com/gojhl-showcase-2016/

My boys have Elmira and Fort Erie.

On a side note, the league needs to learn that it's St. Marys, no apostrophe. As a previous poster on here, and Lincolns fan, pointed out, it's a town, not a church.
Saw that they announced it today, good call.

Now if only they could announce the entire thing
drafty

Post by drafty »

....league needs to learn that it's St. Marys
And that it's Niagara Falls, not Niagara. There are 6 teams in Niagara.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I didn't even notice that they just put Niagara. I also didn't notice, until Sebastian pointed it out last night, but Cambridge and Elmira are playing both games against teams from the same Conference. Cambridge has Buffalo and Thorold and Elmira has Strathroy and Leamington.
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Well some preseason games are listed this morning, hopefully the regular season schedule can't be too far behind.