THE BLACK LIST

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Marcie

THE BLACK LIST

Post by Marcie »

A Black List will be published by The Junior Hockey News. This will prove interesting. Sure hope there is no GOJHL teams in the report.

The Black List – A New TJHN Feature
Posted by Admin On May 11, 2016 0 Comment

The Junior Hockey News will be introducing a new feature article and resource for its readers in the coming weeks to be named The Black List.

The Black List will be all that the name implies. It will be a list of Organizations, Teams, Coaches, Advisers, Agents, and other persons who should be avoided by players and parents.

The Black List will not only contain names, but give specific reasons why these groups of people should be avoided.

Did you get ripped off by a team camp? Did you not get your refund after being released or traded? Did you not get what was promised in your contract? Are people lying when they recruit you? Are they using negative recruiting tactics? Are you paying a ridiculous amount of money and receiving nothing in return?

Are agents or advisers telling you that you have to pay to play your first year of pro hockey anywhere? Are agents or advisers forcing you to sign a non disclosure agreement before seeing their contract? Are you only getting open camp, or pre draft camp invitations when your adviser promised more?

For teams, are your leagues taking money and not keeping their promises? Are you being forced to pay kickbacks to “advisers” or “agents”? Are other organizations trying to poach your players? Are parents and players refusing to pay a bill after everything promised has been delivered?

If you have a complaint, and if you have proof of that complaint, we will investigate it, and if its found to be true the offenders name will be added to The Black List.

When a name of a person or company is added to The Black List specific reasons for their addition will be given without identifying the person who turned them in. All information provided to TJHN is always kept confidential on behalf of those wishing to remain anonymous.

People may be removed from The Black List only after proving the problem has been resolved or the practice has been ended.

The Black List will premier in the next few weeks. If you have something to report please very specific information to info@thejuniorhockeynews.com

The Black List – Are you on it?

Joseph Kolodziej – Publisher
Port hockey1

Re: THE BLACK LIST

Post by Port hockey1 »

If Tim Toffolo isn't on that list, it has no merit.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Hopefully it will expose the GMs that routinely lie about or fail to accurately disclose the correct number of 16 year old cards they have available. Obviously when players explore camps to attend having extra cards gives a recruiting advantage to a team that only has one or none. One team that I am aware of team told players last year they and 3 and were trying to get a 4th when in reality they only had 2. The season before they claimed they still had both cards but in reality only had 1 that and it was already committed to an agent as a favour for something in the past. There are also teams that commit cards to players in the summer then try to relegate them to Jr C at the very end of tryout with a promise that they will be in games as an AP. "Mistakes" that shouldn't happen year after year by the same individuals. Some teams sign players who then find out after signing that they have expenses that weren't properly disclosed. Some players are charged excessive fees to get a release or trade so they can play hockey.

Some teams in some other leagues have significant charges that are not disclosed before signing. These teams need to be upfront about what they can and cannot offer a player.

In the real world what would happen if Company X hired someone then after they started said you owe us rental for your office space, you have to pay a network charge for the company desktop and you need to bring in your own stationery supplies? Would Company X be allowed to demand $$$$ back from the employee to allow them to work elsewhere? Not likely

The Blacklist is long overdue.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
BillyTheKid

Post by BillyTheKid »

Hopefully it's legit and not just a bunch of while I heard that this team did this or this GM did this
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Oh good. A chance for public shaming and vigilante justice. That's what this world needs...
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Right now it is buyer beware so you do need to do your homework on teams before committing. If the players want out it is for a reason. The 16 year old cards are one of my pet peeves because only the GM knows how many he really has. Mini camps aren't profitable without young players desperately looking for a place to play during their year of hell. Making a bad choice can be the difference between playing junior B at 16 or being relegated to Midget or JrC . I would hope that the blacklist wouldn't just jump on every single complaint, however if there is enough evidence then why not warn others.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:Oh good. A chance for public shaming and vigilante justice. That's what this world needs...
Sounds like you might be worried....
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Port hockey1 wrote:
ILuvHackey wrote:Oh good. A chance for public shaming and vigilante justice. That's what this world needs...
For as much as I disagree with you on pretty much everything, I wouldn't ever want people to go after you if a blog was posted with some news that you made some mistakes. It's just not a good thing for our world.

You're still a human being, and though you can get me a bit heated, I'd still like to say I'd probably have a beer with you and try to show you some respect if we met at a game. A list like this could really hurt people more than we could know. (And I say this as an ardent disbeliever in the GMHL, which will be heavily scrutinized on this list.)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
For as much as I disagree with you on pretty much everything, I wouldn't ever want people to go after you if a blog was posted with some news that you made some mistakes. It's just not a good thing for our world.

You're still a human being, and though you can get me a bit heated, I'd still like to say I'd probably have a beer with you and try to show you some respect if we met at a game. A list like this could really hurt people more than we could know. (And I say this as an ardent disbeliever in the GMHL, which will be heavily scrutinized on this list.)
Thanks for the reply. You make some very valid points. I'd love to sit and have a drink with pretty much anyone on this forum one day.

Cheers! :)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Here's some more info about The Black List from The Junior Hockey News.

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=60852
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

And another person just sent some whiney bitchy little note saying he better not be on The Black List or he is going to sue us. Yeah, you know what my response was to him?…
I'll bet that unnamed person is from the Pelham organization... Just guessing here. :mrgreen: :P :smt020

See, one person already sent emails and contracts, and oh hell yeah am I going to roast the douchebag they belong to in the coming weeks.
I'm looking forward to it! :D
Look for the first of my future Pulitzer Prize winning stories for The Black List on Wednesday June 1st, 2016
I'm sure a lot of people are looking forward to it! 8)
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Just over 36 hours until the list becomes public, should be an interesting read.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Oglethorp wrote:Just over 36 hours until the list becomes public, should be an interesting read.
I can't wait! :smt006 :smt041 :smt025
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Here's the first article, on family advisers.

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=61195
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Here's the first article, on family advisers.

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=61195
Nice.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Anyone know any of these "advisors" on the Black List? None of the names are familiar to me, I guess that's a good thing.
Last edited by Marcie on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Have seen some emails from McDonald. He sends out his newsletter every once in a while . When you read it a window appears inviting you to talk to him. This month's newsletter seemed focused on defending his inclusion on the Black List. I am not sure he says much that hasn't been said before, but he is definitely not a fan of the CHL and end especially the QMJHL.His focus seems to be slanted toward the NCAA scholarship as the only viable option for almost everyone. He claims to be well connected. As for what he charges and what you get I don't know, but he definitely seems to steer everyone clear of major junior.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

When does the next list come out?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

An update from the Black List.

I think they're doing it monthly. The next report is on camps and showcases.

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=61577
Queen of the GOJHL

Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

This should be a must read for any player not at the end of his junior career. I expect we will see some "pre-draft combines" mentioned as well. For the average player entering jr hockey the filtering process can be frustrating and very time consuming without the assistance of a trusted agent, or an honest hockey GM that knows which ones are just cash grabs (and there are several).
leafs63

Post by leafs63 »

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

leafs63 wrote:Here's the next report.

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-blac ... -to-avoid/
Looking forward to reading the next chapters!
Canuckalhead

Post by Canuckalhead »

They hammer the GMHL again!! Unfortunately they are their own worst enemy and they continue to prove what a farce their league is. It all stems from the greed of the guys who run that league.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Today the Death Pool tees off on the QMJHL. There are at least 2 GOJHL players from last year looking to find a spot in the Q, Griffin Roubos (St Catherines) is in Halifax and John Warren (London) is in Saint John. Has anyone read the disclaimer at the end of the Death Pool?

"The Death Pool is a mix of comedy, and satire in connection with recent events. It is not an official report of current events although it may look as though the news is so accurate that it could one day happen or may be happening."

Food for thought (or not)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Was just reading the Death Pool and he'll have another Black List on Thursday.
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Was just reading the Death Pool and he'll have another Black List on Thursday.
Was it posted?
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:Was just reading the Death Pool and he'll have another Black List on Thursday.
Was it posted?
It was posted, and it was neither informative or interesting, wasted 2 minutes of my life reading it.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Queen of the GOJHL

ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

rhinomark50 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Was it posted?
It was posted, and it was neither informative or interesting, wasted 2 minutes of my life reading it.
Isn't that most of the Death Pool and Black List articles though? Horrid writing, lame "stories" and general douchieness.