LEAFS WIN NHL DRAFT!!!

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

LEAFS WIN NHL DRAFT!!!

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Leafs will pick 1st, and get a franchise player in Austin Matthews. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt080 :smt080
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cali vairs!

Re: LEAFS WIN NHL DRAFT!!!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I'm not sure who I would rather have, Mathews or laine. Mathews is a solid first line centre who is absolutely amazing don't get me wrong. But laine is absolutely insane. I saw him play some games and wow. He's an amazing goalscorer. He makes it look so easy. I can see him being the next ovechkin
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cali vairs! wrote:I'm not sure who I would rather have, Mathews or laine. Mathews is a solid first line centre who is absolutely amazing don't get me wrong. But laine is absolutely insane. I saw him play some games and wow. He's an amazing goalscorer. He makes it look so easy. I can see him being the next ovechkin
That kid will make it a harder choice... But the Leafs have been looking for that number one center since Sundin left, so I'd be surprised to see them pass on Matthews.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Mon May 02, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Could do no wrong picking Matthews or either of the 2 Finnish guys. All look very promising.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I'm glad Winnipeg got second pick.
Here's Damien Cox mock draft top 30

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/dami ... s-edition/
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Caledonia Fan wrote:I'm glad Winnipeg got second pick.
Here's Damien Cox mock draft top 30

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/dami ... s-edition/
"10. Colorado Avalanche: Logan Stanley, D, Windsor (OHL) 6-7, 210 lbs"

I remember when he played 2 games for the Siskins
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Yea port I agree you need an amazing centre to win. But I think it all depends on what they consider in the offseason. If they accomplish all leafs fans fantasy and sign stammer he could be that centre and you pick laine. He can also play the wing with Mathews but he's stronger up the middle in my opinion. Laine has reminded me so much of Ovi and I believe he will be an amazing player in a league which is so hard to score in. Mathews is like jack eichel. Solid player who makes smart decisions but isn't flashy very much. It doesn't really matter who they pick. Both are amazing players but it depends on the route they want to go. Nylander and marner can play centre as well
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Cali vairs! wrote:Yea port I agree you need an amazing centre to win. But I think it all depends on what they consider in the offseason. If they accomplish all leafs fans fantasy and sign stammer he could be that centre and you pick laine. He can also play the wing with Mathews but he's stronger up the middle in my opinion. Laine has reminded me so much of Ovi and I believe he will be an amazing player in a league which is so hard to score in. Mathews is like jack eichel. Solid player who makes smart decisions but isn't flashy very much. It doesn't really matter who they pick. Both are amazing players but it depends on the route they want to go. Nylander and marner can play centre as well
Good point, if they get Stamkos(they'll know if he's coming before July 1st), they can decide if they want to go deep up the middle, or go for a great winger in the draft.

If they do go with Laine, they should try and trade their top pick to the Jets for their top pick + a prospect?
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

Mathews isn't a locked number one pick by any means. Doesn't matter who they pick it's gonna be a franchise player
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Almost a sure thing that the Leafs take Matthews. Babcock was talking to him a lot in Russia. :D :smt020 :smt020 :smt029
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Matthews comes up huge with a 40 goal season. Easily the best player from that draft. Marner had an amazing season, Nylander keeps getting better, & Zaitsev has had a better season than most expected. What a season for the Leafs! :smt003
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Matthews continues to prove he's miles ahead of Laine. Looks a lot better than Eichel to. It isn't just the insane shot he has, a shot that's left goalies barely able to flinch a few times... It's everything. He's an amazing player to watch out there. Plays a complete 200 foot game. Leafs look like they're finally on the right track.