Junior C Province Wide

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

ILuvHackey

Junior C Province Wide

Post by ILuvHackey »

http://www.cksn.ca/2016/04/junior-c-lea ... wide-pjhl/

Junior C hockey in Ontario is about to take a new look, as the Ontario Hockey Association announced in their Blueline Magazine that all 8 Junior C loops in Ontario, including the Great Lakes Junior C Hockey League have committed to forming a singular Provincial Junior Hockey League (PJHL).
“The new league is taking the necessary step to better enhance the opportunities for its teams and, more importantly, to provide those enhanced standards for its players within today’s hockey structure,” said OHA Executive Director Mark Ellis in the article.

Ontario’s Junior C leagues feature 65 teams Province wide.

A committee, which was set up in 2014 was slated to have standardized rules, procedures, and other guidelines completed at the end of this 2015-2016 season

That's huge.
leafs63

Re: Junior C Province Wide

Post by leafs63 »

Maybe that will standardize all leagues on full cages or 1/2 shields. Found that when Dorchester played Essex, they carried their sticks higher.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

leafs63 wrote:Maybe that will standardize all leagues on full cages or 1/2 shields. Found that when Dorchester played Essex, they carried their sticks higher.
I think that has to do with insurance -- some teams don't get the same amount and require cages because of it.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

three dog night

Post by three dog night »

I guess Grismby and Niagara are in the South division.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

This is interesting...
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

What I find interesting is the name, Provincial Jr. Hockey League. I recall that the OJHL used to be the Ontario Provincial Jr. Hockey League, and we used to call it the Provincial League.

I understand changing it, Jr. C covers more of Ontario than any other league under the OHA, I just find the new name interesting for that reason.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Seth

Post by Seth »

I heard that they have agreed on their overtime format for all of the conferences in this new province wide league, it will be 3 on 3 and the OT periods will be seven minutes. There will not be shootouts which means the return of ties. There also won't be a loser point like some of the leagues have had in the past.

I can't see many of these overtimes lasting long with this new format.
OffTheRecord

Post by OffTheRecord »

I like it.
This just drives home the fact that they'll need to use the 4 man officiating system, and not the archaic 3 man system they use now.
3 on 3 without a red line gives the referee hardly any chance of keeping up with the play.
Seth

Post by Seth »

The OHA better find more referee's then if they want the four man system year round in C. Biggest reason it hasn't happened yet is they don't have enough referees now to go to a four man system year round.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »