Conference Finals: Stratford(2) vs Waterloo(6), Playoff Thread & Predictions

A place to discuss what's happening to those teams in the MidWest Conference for those who ARE interested.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Re: Conference Finals: Stratford(2) vs Waterloo(6), Playoff Thread & Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

B.Heshka better get at least 10-15 games. His hit was a blindside hit, with contact being made with the head. It was a brutal hit and showed a complete lack of respect for the game.

Now Waterloo has a top 6 forward out for who knows how long(G.Mantz), because some bottom pair defensemen decides to run him... :smt009

If the league doesn't come down hard, I will personally be sending letters to the leagues office!!!!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Conference Finals: Stratford(2) vs Waterloo(6), Playoff Thread & Predictions

Post by Port hockey1 »

Stratford comes back from being down 3-0 and wins 5-3. This series might be over. :(
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Port hockey1 wrote:B.Heshka better get at least 10-15 games. His hit was a blindside hit, with contact being made with the head. It was a brutal hit and showed a complete lack of respect for the game.

Now Waterloo has a top 6 forward out for who knows how long(G.Mantz), because some bottom pair defensemen decides to run him... :smt009

If the league doesn't come down hard, I will personally be sending letters to the leagues office!!!!
From where I was standing, Mantz lost an edge and fell as Heshka came in, and it was knee on head incidentally.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/20 ... -in-game-4

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/6 ... cup-final/

A good point on momentum by Waterloo captain Nick Hirst. It looks like Brooks - Potts had a good game 40 saves.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I agree with you ILuvHackey. It looked to me that Mantz was falling when he got hit. Doesn't mean it wasn't as severe, as he was down and not moving for quite some time, but it looked like he was falling, wasn't a blindside as Port has suggested. Hopefully he's ok, don't like to see anyone down. I do note that while the trainer was trying to get Mantz up to get him off the ice, the only Siskin to help was 16 yr. old rookie Schnarr. I felt that a couple of the others on the ice should have also helped. Waterloo's trainer is rather short, compared to boys on skates, and she was clearly having some struggles getting him up and then off the ice.

With Stratford, as I've seen 3 of the 4 games in this series, I notice that they play better when they have the lead. When Waterloo went up 3-0, it looked like they were struggling to get things going. Once they got on the board, they played better and then fought back to tie it and then take the lead, they were a different team to me.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

RocketGirl wrote:I agree with you ILuvHackey. It looked to me that Mantz was falling when he got hit. Doesn't mean it wasn't as severe, as he was down and not moving for quite some time, but it looked like he was falling, wasn't a blindside as Port has suggested. Hopefully he's ok, don't like to see anyone down. I do note that while the trainer was trying to get Mantz up to get him off the ice, the only Siskin to help was 16 yr. old rookie Schnarr. I felt that a couple of the others on the ice should have also helped. Waterloo's trainer is rather short, compared to boys on skates, and she was clearly having some struggles getting him up and then off the ice.

With Stratford, as I've seen 3 of the 4 games in this series, I notice that they play better when they have the lead. When Waterloo went up 3-0, it looked like they were struggling to get things going. Once they got on the board, they played better and then fought back to tie it and then take the lead, they were a different team to me.
Yep - she is a short girl for sure.

As for this series -- feels like Waterloo has at times shown why they are here. They were better team int heir game 1 win, and I thought they were better in most of game 3 and part of game 4. But they've gone into shells and gripped the stick trying to play not to lose, and it's allowed Stratty to get a goal and start rolling. Stratford is just a damn good team.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

It sucks about Mantz, I noticed he was wearing a sling in the 3rd period.

Does Rogers have the games on demand? I watched the slo-mo of the hit but I wasn't fully paying attention (the highlight of being in the press box)

I think Bailey DeGasperis should start game 5, no offense to Datz, but being pulled 3 consecutive times must hurt his confidence
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

ILuvHackey wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:B.Heshka better get at least 10-15 games. His hit was a blindside hit, with contact being made with the head. It was a brutal hit and showed a complete lack of respect for the game.

From where I was standing, Mantz lost an edge and fell as Heshka came in, and it was knee on head incidentally.
I saved the clip, I'll watch it a few more times. The quality isn't the best in the video, but boy did it look bad... I also realize we don't always see things correctly with the game being played at such a high speed.

Accidents happen, I just hope that's all it was. It makes my stomach sink when I see kids getting run in the head.
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I was at the game and had a great view of the hit. Wasn't really a dirty hit (was a hit to the head but their was no intent). Waterloo player was coming around and was battling with a Stratford player and lost the battle and in the midst of falling got hit by the Stratford defender. Looked like he already committed to the hit before he started falling. Hit to the head but was a accident
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Congrats to Stratford, and to Waterloo on a heck of a run.

Depending on who the Siskins return, they could be a lot more competitive next year. Although younger teams who make runs tend to have their rosters picked apart...