London(2) vs LaSalle(3), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

London(2) vs LaSalle(3), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Post by Port hockey1 »

This should be a great series. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Qwerty

Re: London(2) vs LaSalle(3), 2nd Round Playoff Thread

Post by Qwerty »

Great game tonight. Decided advantage to Nats, despite having to battle through a lot of penalties. Goaltending a key difference. Hughes put up a wall.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Hughes made 2 rediculious saves in the third period. He was a brick wall in net.
End of a era in Leamington
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

LaSalle rallies to tie series at 1-1

Down 3-2 late in the 3rd period LaSalle tied the game, then dominated in OT and stole this one 4-3 OT.

London looks like a well coached team. They play really well in their own end of the rink. LaSalle looked to have problems trying to set plays up during the times I tuned into this game. London looked to be shutting the lanes down very well.

Based on the few minutes I saw, London should win this series. But that's just after seeing a few minutes here & there. Hard to make a call based on that. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Hughes cost his team the game tonight with that HUGE mistake in the final minute. Lasalle made him pay with the late goal and OT winner.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

London snatched defeat from the jaws of victory tonight. Poo happens. They'll bounce back tomorrow. Very evenly matched teams from what I've seen. Hardly any penalties.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Not sure what anyone else is doing tonight but I'll be at the WF watching this one...report to follow. RG are you going?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Why you gonna come chat with me?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

LaSalle down 3-1 after the first period. Not looking good for them.
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

RocketGirl wrote:Why you gonna come chat with me?
Nah just wondering if you were going to have a report for us..

I was there and it wasn't as competitive as I thought it would have been, I thought London seriously carried the play the majority of the game. Lasalle looks tired and weren't able to keep up with the pace the Nats had established. Not sure what the penalties were but it seemed as though Lasalle had a ton of extra man opportunities in the second, a couple 5 on 3 tries and nothing. Hughes was stellar in net turning away shot after shot. I seriously think if that is all Lasalle has left in the tank after that 7 game marathon with Sarnia then this ends in 5. Obviously game 4 in Lasalle is the Vipers season on the line, may have to subscribe to fasthockey for that one.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Nats quietly going about their business of finishing Vipers in 5 after a close 3-2 victory in game 4. Meanwhile Marrons and Flyers prepare to pound one another in what may well be a 7 game series.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

LaSalle has always been a play-off team, which is partly why I picked them over London. If London manages to prevail, at least I'll get to see a couple games in the Conference Finals.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Last night's game, I felt like London wasn't really into it and wasn't exactly prepared for it. To me, it looked like the Nats were trying to be perfect, make the perfect play, ensure that they're set up correctly before doing the play, afraid to make a mistake that LaSalle would capitalize on. LaSalle came out ready, beat them to the puck, fought for that game and have pushed this series to Game 6 tonight.
Queen of the GOJHL

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Agree, RG. London was very lackluster. Vipers' starting Billing proved to be a great coaching decision, too. If the Nats bring their A game they will win the series, but they only get two more chances to get their act together. Game 7 is never a good scenario for a team that goes into it after blowing a series lead. If Nats choke tonight, all bets are off for Saturday's final showdown.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Ive been saying all series they need to go with Billing. He is a better goalie then battisti. Smart move.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

London sends LaSalle packing

London held on for a 4-3 win, ending the best of seven series in 6 games and advancing to the Division finals.

I tuned in for the 3rd period. LaSalle controlled the play for the most part, but struggled significantly trying to get pucks on the London net. They seemed to have a hard time forgetting about that goal that was waived off early in the 3rd period. That was a bit of a momentum killer for them.

The refs were beyond brutal late in the game. With LaSalle pressing(goalie pulled), A London player went down and covered the puck in the corner, a LaSalle player speared him several times, including twice well after the whistle. No call was made. Seconds later a London player was called for slashing, leading to a LaSalle PP goal.

The refs were clearly hesitant to do anything that would hurt LaSalle's momentum. :smt009

I thought London played great defensive hockey in the 3rd period. They look to be a well rounded team. Their defense is very good at forcing harmless shots from the outside. :)
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Forcng harmless shots from the outside is a result of playing on the Olympic ice. London is quite skilled in that area. Their coach often mentions it as a key in pregame shows.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Marcie wrote:Forcng harmless shots from the outside is a result of playing on the Olympic ice. London is quite skilled in that area. Their coach often mentions it as a key in pregame shows.
They really impressed me. I didn't realize what a well rounded team they are. Stopping LaSalle's firepower is no easy task. :)