#3 LaSalle vs #6 Sarnia playoff thread

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

three dog night

Re: #3 LaSalle vs #6 Sarnia playoff thread

Post by three dog night »

Sounded like a battle. Game seven tom I always thought game seven sometimes favoured the road team because the home team tries too do too much I guess we will see what happens,
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

If anything RocketGirl's dad knows more about hockey than the average fan - plus extensive knowledge of game from being a long time board and staff member. Didn't hear Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye being played during the broadcast, but Sarnia was given a golden four min. opportunity to win the game and the series and wasted it. Then a vet player takes a needless penalty and makes his team pay for it. So now it comes down to game 7 and the winner moves on, the loser gets to enjoy the remainder of March break plus summer vacation.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

there was fans like that around us too, it was brutal. And yes RG's dad definatley knows more about hockey then most.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Sounds like the fans that used to go see Welland play 10-15 years ago. The same bunch would embarrass the rest of the fan base with the same garbage, every game. Glad things have settled down since those days. lol
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
SnakeBites2

Post by SnakeBites2 »

Was sitting by la salle bench all game! The classless fans have no idea about anything when it comes to hockey they chirped vipers player when he was hurt on a hit from behind! As well as yelled pretty bad language towards The la salle coach while kids young kids were right beside them! They set a bad example for their children. Another thing I noticed was that they threw bottles and food containers at la salle and refs as they left the ice.Pretty classless act if you ask me!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I haven't seen them like that in a long time, but we haven't had them in the play-offs for a while now.

As I wrote in my Blueline article, a game at Sarnia Arena is an experience like none other.

This series, the first 4 games went to the home team, the last 2 have been visitor wins in OT, game 7 is a crap shoot. Unfortunately, I think the momentum has shifted back to LaSalle for this game though.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Blades

Post by Blades »

The playing of that song was purely by accident. It was a song put into the stoppage play list and she wasn't aware of its possible ramifications for those who are superstitious. I will need to tell the owner of the laptop to move it. I felt bad for her when i heard it playing I quickly told her to go to another song because i remember that faux pas with Strathroy many years ago.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Guylafleur

Post by Guylafleur »

Sarnia screwed royally last night. They scored in OT and it was a good goal, no kicking at all and the other disallowed goal was Lasalle goalie knocking off net, like he did repeatedly. Then to add insult to injury goalie dives and they are awarded a penalty where LaSalle scores winner.
http://www.sarniasports.com/Sports/Hock ... C0306a.jpg
I was at this game and Sarnia got the shaft, not sure how these guys saw any kick.
Guylafleur

Post by Guylafleur »

Sarnia has the best fans in the league, compete with a Major Junior A team and still lead league in attendance, which is quite a feat. There are idiot fans for most teams, at least ones that draw over 400 people. These fans have been supporting this club for years and have led the west in attendance since 2008, only Stratford has squeaked by them a few times since for overall league attendance.
The fans that support this team are die hards !!
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

Just because you draw well does not mean you have the best fans or most behaved fans in the league.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

And the attendance figures are HUGE exaggerated. Ill go there during the regular season and it says over 1,000. Theres more like 400 tops. I wish all counted just ticket stubs like leamington does for there attendance.
End of a era in Leamington
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Guylafleur wrote:Sarnia screwed royally last night. They scored in OT and it was a good goal, no kicking at all and the other disallowed goal was Lasalle goalie knocking off net, like he did repeatedly. Then to add insult to injury goalie dives and they are awarded a penalty where LaSalle scores winner.
http://www.sarniasports.com/Sports/Hock ... C0306a.jpg
I was at this game and Sarnia got the shaft, not sure how these guys saw any kick.
The one word that can be used to describe the officiating is inconsistent. Blown icing one way then immediately called the other way, Blown interference call one way then called the other. The referees from the London area were obviously unaware of Battisti'sreputation for clearing the net off its moorings when he hasn't got a good read on the puck and embellishment. Perhaps doing too many Strathroy games this year gave them the impression that all nets in older buildings come off easily. Sarnia played another strong game but LaSalle brought their best game of the series for game 6. Overtime was a fitting end, but unfortunately sub par officiating was a factor. Unfortunately for Sarnia no video review (yet) in the GOJHL
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
Guylafleur

Post by Guylafleur »

flyers2011 wrote:And the attendance figures are HUGE exaggerated. Ill go there during the regular season and it says over 1,000. Theres more like 400 tops. I wish all counted just ticket stubs like leamington does for there attendance.
400 now that is funny !!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

While I don't disagree that Fraumeni had some questionable calls last night, the fact is Sarnia blew 2 leads last night. Battisti handed you a goal to go up 3 1 and you let them come back to tie it. Then you go up 4 3 and let them tie it up again.

In the OT, you had a 4 min PP and barely got shots on net. The disallowed goal by a kick, it was at the other end from where I was sitting so I can't comment on that. Then with about 10 seconds left in that PP, Trottier takes an unnecessary roughing penalty which turned your PP into a PK and ultimately led to Beaudoin being alone in front to score the winner.

In my opinion, you can blame Fraumeni and VanHeeswyk all you want, but Sarnia blew that game.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Guylafleur

Post by Guylafleur »

Sarnia never blew that game....both teams battled hard to the very end. Just because another team comes from behind does not necessarily mean it was blown. LaSalle is a very good hockey club and will keep coming at you as does Sarnia, that is why a game is 60 minutes. The disallowed goal in regulation was garbage, and the disallowed goal in OT was worse. I can't for the life of me see how they thought that goal was kicked in.
I see LaSalle winning big today in game 7. Great series so far by both teams.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Kudos to the Legionnaires for takking this series to 7 games considering most thought it go to maybe five games. Big shoutout to Battler for taking over the reins once Hughes was injured. Considering he is only a 98 born and Hughes is a 99 born, goaltending could be a strength next season which is likely going to be needed since we are losing 6 (I think) players to age. Good job to the team, it has been an interesting season.

Congrats to the Vipers and good luck in the 2nd round.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Puckdaddy

Post by Puckdaddy »

Sarnia could have won but they were badly out coached. Players have no respect for him.
Guylafleur

Post by Guylafleur »

Blades wrote:Kudos to the Legionnaires for takking this series to 7 games considering most thought it go to maybe five games. Big shoutout to Battler for taking over the reins once Hughes was injured. Considering he is only a 98 born and Hughes is a 99 born, goaltending could be a strength next season which is likely going to be needed since we are losing 6 (I think) players to age. Good job to the team, it has been an interesting season.

Congrats to the Vipers and good luck in the 2nd round.
Hughes will probably be playing for Sting next season so only Battler should be back unless he's off to school.
Guylafleur

Post by Guylafleur »

Puckdaddy wrote:Sarnia could have won but they were badly out coached. Players have no respect for him.

Come on Dad, you're just upset your son never dressed last night.