Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Conference Leaders penalty problems

Post by flyers2011 »

The 3 conference Leaders also lead the GOJHL in Penalty minutes
1. Caledonia - 1806 PIM
2. Leamington - 1504 PIM
3. Kitchener - 1282 PIM

is it a case of playing in your game rough and tough hockey or the refs picking on the top teams ? whats everyone think
End of a era in Leamington
15timechamps

Re: Conference Leaders penalty problems

Post by 15timechamps »

Watch some of cally games on YouTube and you might understand. 2 and 10s add up real fast.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:The 3 conference Leaders also lead the GOJHL in Penalty minutes
1. Caledonia - 1806 PIM
2. Leamington - 1504 PIM
3. Kitchener - 1282 PIM

is it a case of playing in your game rough and tough hockey or the refs picking on the top teams ? whats everyone think
The refs are obviously picking on the top teams. I've been saying that for a while now. I noticed when I was in Niagara Falls a few months ago. Welland and the Falls seemed to be able to play hockey. I started wondering why that never happens when it's a Caledonia game...

I've noticed that slashes, cross-checks, etc, are not called as to let the flow of the game continue. But Caledonia will take these slashes and cross-checks, but are whistled down as soon as they return the favor. Usually during battles along the boards
where refs tend to let that stuff go when it's mild.

Then I see that this looks to be the case in all three divisions. I start looking at Leamington and Kitchener boxscores, and I see all these petty calls on them most nights.

I don't condone the players abusing the officials, but when this is happening, the officials are basically baiting them to lose it!

I'm glad this has now been noticed by several people. :D
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Jr_fan

Post by Jr_fan »

There are a few bad apples (officials) but for the most part the West has pretty good refs. Looking back in other years the first place team has not been the most penalized. This year's flyers are a much different team (dirty)then past years, it has nothing to do with the referees.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Here's a thought. Everybody complains about the refs, I've even done it myself a time or two, but consider this, if all those referees that you don't agree with how they call a game were to retire, or just stop reffing our league anyways, who do you propose to replace them?

When we moved to the 2 ref system, there wasn't enough referees for it, so they had to promote a bunch of linesmen that, in my opinion, weren't ready for it. You then get referees that were a linesman in our league for only a few years, that they call everything by the book, which totally disrupts the flow of the game. Or, sometimes, you get that referee who was just a linesman the season before that their head swells because now they have the red bands and all the crap and abuse they took as a linesman, it's time for payback.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.