Chatham, Leamington, LaSalle, London

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Chatham, Leamington, LaSalle, London

Post by Port hockey1 »

I'm really starting to think Chatham controls their own destiny. After firing 72 shots on goal in tonight's 5-4 double OT win over Strathroy, they've once again proved they can be just as dangerous as anyone in the West. You can see in the boxscore that Chatham just turned it on for the last two periods of the game tonight.

http://gojhl-cms.stats.pointstreak.com/ ... id=2722145

Chatham has good goaltending and a lot of fire power. I think their defense is underrated too. I think we have a four horse race when the playoffs start. I think Leamington, LaSalle, London & Chatham all have a good shot at winning the West. Leamington has the best odds with four lines & six defensemen who can all get the job done. Wall is the their biggest advantage. By far the best goalie in the GOJHL. He reminds of 15 year old David Shantz who carried Thorold to the Sutherland Cup several years ago.

I read a blog on the Local Sports Report that words things like Leamington has the West wrapped up in the playoffs. I don't know if that was intended by the writer(who writes great blogs btw), or if it just comes off that way to me?

Here's the story I'm talking about;
http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2016 ... n-january/

With LaSalle and London recently getting a lot better, and Chatham picking up a few players... I don't think anything will be easy in the playoffs this year.

I really think Leamington will play a pair of seven game series after the 1st round. Maybe the recent addition of a natural scorer will be what it takes to get them into the GOJHL finals. But either way, there may be some surprises this year. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Re: Chatham, Leamington, LaSalle, London

Post by flyers2011 »

Playoffs this year will be close and very exciting.
End of a era in Leamington
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

I predict a Leamington-London final, giving London a slight edge if they get and stay healthy with a full bench. Despite some of their top point-getters battling the injury bug lately, London's on a good tear down the back stretch. The home-and-away games vs Flyers over the next week will offer an excellent preview. Better and more defensively minded coaching in Leamington, combined with the league's top goaltending duo, means the Nationals must fire on all cylinders offensively to get by the defending champs. But considering how highly penalized Leamington is, the Nats should get their share of opportunities on the PP. London's back-end talent is under-rated due to some inconsistent play, but they've got the fifth best GA in the GO and a new offensive threat with the addition of Sehovic. I just don't see the Maroons or Vipers as viable threats this year, but that's why they play the games.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Qwerty wrote:I predict a Leamington-London final, giving London a slight edge if they get and stay healthy with a full bench. Despite some of their top point-getters battling the injury bug lately, London's on a good tear down the back stretch. The home-and-away games vs Flyers over the next week will offer an excellent preview. Better and more defensively minded coaching in Leamington, combined with the league's top goaltending duo, means the Nationals must fire on all cylinders offensively to get by the defending champs. But considering how highly penalized Leamington is, the Nats should get their share of opportunities on the PP. London's back-end talent is under-rated due to some inconsistent play, but they've got the fifth best GA in the GO and a new offensive threat with the addition of Sehovic. I just don't see the Maroons or Vipers as viable threats this year, but that's why they play the games.
Thanks for your take on London. You seem to know them well. After the run they had last year, they should be full of confidence.

Something about LaSalle... If they get the goaltending... But that's a big if.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
cpt obvious

Post by cpt obvious »

Chatham can score with anyone so that in itself makes them a threat to go deep in the west...does it matter who comes out of the west with Caledonia waiting? They have to be the favourites for a third straight title no?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

cpt obvious wrote:Chatham can score with anyone so that in itself makes them a threat to go deep in the west...does it matter who comes out of the west with Caledonia waiting? They have to be the favourites for a third straight title no?
Indeed they are, but anything can happen in the playoffs. You never know.
hockeyfan77

Post by hockeyfan77 »

Chatham isn't going to go anywhere if they don't stop: a)giving the puck away and b) forgetting about the defensive side of the game. There's more to hockey than padding stats and amassing personal points. IMO