Dennis Wideman Hits Linesman

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Dennis Wideman Hits Linesman

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm sure you've all seen the video.

https://youtu.be/Nj4PoDrqv-E

Just wondering what the opinions are. I didn't read it, but I saw something that he claims he couldn't avoid the linesman. He clearly saw him and crosschecked him from behind. I'm pretty sure that was avoidable.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Oglethorp

Re: Dennis Wideman Hits Linesman

Post by Oglethorp »

Wideman is hurt on the play and had he simply skated into the lineman it might be believable that it was unavoidable. Instead he brought his arms up and shoved the unsuspecting linesman from behind into the door of the Nashville bench. Luckily the door was closed or he might have looked like Kris Draper after Claude Lemeux's blindside hit. Luckily no injury to the linesman on the play.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I do recognize that Wideman most likely did not realize it was the linesman at first, but as you said, his arms come up to crosscheck him in the back.

I've been told that if you view the hit from the front, it doesn't look as bad as from the angle I found.

Luckily there was no injury.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I'm sure you've all seen the video.

https://youtu.be/Nj4PoDrqv-E

Just wondering what the opinions are. I didn't read it, but I saw something that he claims he couldn't avoid the linesman. He clearly saw him and crosschecked him from behind. I'm pretty sure that was avoidable.
I saw that on the highlights last night, but I had the t.v. muted. I was wondering if I saw what I thought I did. lol

He'll be facing a long suspension, and rightly so!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

And he's been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing after the All-Star game.
Queen of the GOJHL