Deadline Moves

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Deadline Moves

Post by flyers2011 »

Who does everyone think the winners and losers are. I think Lasalle and London are the 2 most improved teams. Chatham made a couple nice additions as well. Disapointed leamington didnt make any moves they were so focused on Davis Brown they should be been looking other places. I have a feeling they could still make an add with the import deadline the 25th. Dont think strathroy made any moves which doesnt surprise me they are having trouble beating lambton shores. Flyers vipers nationals and maroons should be a wild last few months and playoffs.
End of a era in Leamington
Caledonia Fan

Re: Deadline Moves

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I agree LaSalle and London winners.
LaSalle- Beaudoin, Sarris and Veres is Primeau back? Cale Allen was a good depth move
London - Sehovic and Trottier maybe the best pickups in the league. Should improve PP. John Adams good depth move.
Chatham - Fraser good pick up. Conway is starting to come along he was good player in the Shoe.This Panzeca might be a good pick up. Corgan has turn into a good depth player.Is Johnston back?
St Thomas - Nate Ferris good pick up
Leamington and Sarnia are the losers
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Caledonia Fan wrote:I agree LaSalle and London winners.
LaSalle- Beaudoin, Sarris and Veres is Primeau back? Cale Allen was a good depth move
London - Sehovic and Trottier maybe the best pickups in the league. Should improve PP. John Adams good depth move.
Chatham - Fraser good pick up. Conway is starting to come along he was good player in the Shoe.This Panzeca might be a good pick up. Corgan has turn into a good depth player.Is Johnston back?
Leamington is still the team to beat, they made some pick ups earlier that seem to be working well. I am not sure how they are losers. Likewise I am not sure what Sarnia lost. They have a good young core of players and weren't interested in dealing them away this year. Their veterans likely didn't want to move. I would put Strathroy in that same boat. Lost nothing.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The thing to remember is that you can't make a deal at the deadline just because. The GM looks at the team and says, what is best for this team. Adding this player, will it help or hurt the team.

The thing people don't think about is that every team has a chemistry in the dressing room. When you make a change, whether it's adding or removing, it affects the dressing room atmosphere. If you bring in the wrong player, it completely messes everything up. And some times losing that 'bad apple' we'll say, makes all the difference in the world.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Oglethorp wrote:
Caledonia Fan wrote:I agree LaSalle and London winners.
Leamington is still the team to beat, they made some pick ups earlier that seem to be working well. I am not sure how they are losers. Likewise I am not sure what Sarnia lost. They have a good young core of players and weren't interested in dealing them away this year. Their veterans likely didn't want to move. I would put Strathroy in that same boat. Lost nothing.
That is true. But I think he was saying they're one of the losers when it comes to deadline day. I know it feels strange to see Leamington lumped in the same sentence as the word losers.

I don't think that was a knock on them. They sit in first place and look fine right now. They could really use a pure goal scorer, but they've managed to get things done with what they have.

I'd say London, LaSalle & Chatham improved their team the last couple of weeks. Leamington & Sarnia stood pat. So yes, I agree that Leamington lost out compared to those teams. But again, they had the least pressure to make a move out of the top teams.

As for Sarnia, I was very surprised they didn't add a couple of players. But they aren't exactly a top contender, so it makes sense to stand pat.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

A couple stuborn flyer fans dont like to admit it but yes lasalle london and chatham are definatley improved. I agree Leamington missed out in making some moves unless they add a import before the 25th.
End of a era in Leamington