Trades

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Trades

Post by RocketGirl »

The trade season is upon us, as the deadline is just 13 days away.

I just saw that London has obtained Brendan Trottier from Lambton Shores. I haven't seen any details as to what went to Forest for him, just a trade alert from the guy that covers the Nats games on Rogers.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GOJHLFAN-999

Re: Trades

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

Great pickup by London. They should see an immediate improvement up front.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Again, nothing official from the teams, but Elmira has traded Mitch Montgomery and Harlen VanWynsberghe to Cambridge. I haven't seen what's gone the other way.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

So it's now on Pointstreak that Elmira received Kalob Witzell and Beau Goehrum from Cambridge.

Waterloo has received Anthony Pullicino from Brampton.

And Lambton Shores has traded Ryan Fraser to Chatham.

Here's a question, will Ethan Sarfati be traded and to who? I'd say that it's almost guaranteed and I'd bet he'll end up in Chatham too.
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I was surprized Fraser wasn't traded last year. Sad.
St. Thomas could use a skilled guy up front with Valentini and likely Henderson gone. Not sure they have the same kind of money to throw around that Chatham has.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Ross, Trottier, now Fraser. One would think Sarfati must be up for sale as well. It must be very discouraging for the players still there to see that the team is giving up on the season already. On paper this team should have competed for a midpack position, but with nothing really coming back in return it looks pretty bleak for this year. St Thomas could use Sarfati after losing Valentini to put some pucks in the net, they did pick up little used defenceman Matt MacPherson from London so that Truax could move back to forward. I am not sure that they wouldn't want to add a top end defenceman if one came available instead. Defence wins championships.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

So I had this anonymously emailed to me. They wanted it as an article on the blog and I've elected to post it here instead.

This is what they've put together for the Western Conference and it's what they think each team is looking for, who's on the block, and if they're buyers or sellers.

I'm not sure how much of this I agree with. I notice quite a few 16 year olds 'on the block' and they can't be traded after Dec. 1, and I don't know a team that would trade an underager to begin with. Cards yes, but not actual players.

And like I said, it was sent to me anonymously, and they asked that I not share who sent it to me. I don't even know their real name, just a handle that they use.

Leamington
What they need – Goal Scorer
On the block – Pending any additions, Liam Hogan (F) and Brendan McGhee (D)
Who would fit in – Ethan Sarfati (LSP), John Warren (LON), Connor Koviak (CHA)
Buyers – Looking to add another forward for the scoring punch
Selling – All depends on what they add

St. Thomas
What they need – Offensive Defenceman, Forward
On the block – Carson Esipu (F), Gage Stephney (F), Adam Truax (F)
Who would fit in – Ethan Sarfati (LSP), John Warren (LON)
Buyers – Good up front, but may lose a few to OHL so looking for that offensive push
Selling – May move lower rookies if acquiring top players

Chatham
What they need – Offence and Goalie
On the block – Nolan VandenBoorn (D), Josh Barraclough (F), Blair Derynck (F)
Who would fit in – Brendan McGhee (LEA), Adam Truax (STT), Ethan Sarfati (LSP)
Buyers – They have lost a significant amount of players to Jr. C lately and have had to replace them quick, so expect them to add some guys
Selling – Depending on who may want out (Ford, Koviak, Beenackers, more)

London
On the block – John Warren (F), Colin Wilson (F), Matt Bean (F)
Who would fit in – Ethan Sarfati (LSP), Gage Stephney (STT), Emanuel Vella (STM)
Buyers – It’s rumoured that Warren wants out, so they will need to replace him with some offensive power
Sellers – Warren will draw lots of interest

Lasalle
What they need – Defence
On the block – Michael Ruttinger (F), Clay Kraynack (D), Dalton Langlois (F)
Who would fit in – Matt Bean (LON), Nolan VanderBoorn (CHA), Vaughn Treppa (LSP), Gino Mini (LSP)
Buyers – Need a defenceman with an offensive punch
Sellers – Possibly

Sarnia
On the block – Joey Zappa (F), Brendan Shagena (F), Ethan Dupont (F)
Who would fit in – Gage Stephney (STT), Liam Hogan (LEA) , Matt Bean (LON), Michael Ruttinger (LAS)
Buyers – Want to strengthen 4th line
Sellers – Not too likely

Strathroy
What they need – Offence, Goalie, Defence
On the block – Matthew Stevens (F), Jeff Clarke (D), Dalton Good (D)
Who would fit in – Adam Truax (STT), Blair Derynck (CHA), Matt Bean (LON), Joey Zappa (SAR), Zach Weir (LON), Gino Mini (LSP), Vaughn Treppa (LSP)
Buyers – May look to add a veteran goaltender for playoffs.
Sellers – Not too likely

St. Marys
What they need – Goalie and Forward
On the block – Emanuel Vella (G), Jeff Schrattner (F), Brent House (F)
Who would fit in – Brendan Shagena (SAR), Dalton Langlois (LAS), Carson Esipu (STT)
Buyers – Doubt it
Sellers – Got a few talented players

Lambton Shores
What they need – Offence and Defence
On the block – Cole Braney (F), Christian Babineau (F), Ben Woo (F), Vaughn Treppa (D) and Ethan Sarfati (F)
Who would fit in – Carson Esipu (STT), Dalton Langlois (LAS), Clay Kraynack (LAS), Joey Zappa (SAR), Brendan Shagena (SAR)
Buyers – Nope
Sellers – They sell every year. Ryan Faser (D) has just been traded to Chatham and I expect that Sarfati won’t be far behind
Queen of the GOJHL

flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Vipers have added Defenceman Ryan Sarris who played for Whitby in the OJHL
End of a era in Leamington
RecKing

Post by RecKing »

The Vipers also bolster their blueline with the return of captain Nathan Veres.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Thats not really a trade but yes Veres will help there defence. Hes a solid D man
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Vipers have added Defenceman Ryan Sarris who played for Whitby in the OJHL
Looked great when he played for Thorold. Solid pickup.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:So I had this anonymously emailed to me. They wanted it as an article on the blog and I've elected to post it here instead.

This is what they've put together for the Western Conference and it's what they think each team is looking for, who's on the block, and if they're buyers or sellers.

I'm not sure how much of this I agree with. I notice quite a few 16 year olds 'on the block' and they can't be traded after Dec. 1, and I don't know a team that would trade an underager to begin with. Cards yes, but not actual players.

And like I said, it was sent to me anonymously, and they asked that I not share who sent it to me. I don't even know their real name, just a handle that they use.

I agree. A lot of it looks like it was just written by someone who played GM of every team in the GOJHL. Half of it is really puzzling. I actually re-read it several times...All three of them. And every time I read the ones for the West & Shoe I see something else, that made little to no sense.

I'm left wondering why this person wasn't willing to post these themselves, at least under their screen name. It looks to be someone who knows a lot about the league, but little about how most of these teams operate.

Personally, I would've suggested the writer posts it themselves. There's a lot of questions I would've asked...
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Initially they wanted to collaborate on a story, and I said yes. They sent me their one on the Shoe, wanted me to write the West, and I told them I couldn't. I have absolutely no idea what each team is looking for, what guys are on the bubble, etc., so I told them that if they wanted to write it, I'd post it. Then as I went through it and saw the inaccuracies on the West, I knew that it would diminish the credibility I've worked so hard at building and I couldn't post it on my blog. But seeing how so many post anonymously on here, I put it here.
Queen of the GOJHL

flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

rumors are Dan Beaudoin could be returning to the Vipers
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Eric Henderson traded by Knights to Oshawa. Not returning to the Stars now.
http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2016 ... n-knights/
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Caledonia beefs up with two 20-year-olds
http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2016 ... year-olds/
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

flyers2011 wrote:rumors are Dan Beaudoin could be returning to the Vipers
Daniel Beaudoin has been reassigned to the Vipers from the Windsor Spitfires.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Chatham adds depth.
Devin Panzeca from the Timmins Rock NOJHL.
1997 6' 185 LBS
GP - 29 PTs - 27
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Marcie wrote:A little more on Panzeca.
http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2016 ... l-forward/
17 goals, should be an impact player? Anyone know what the pace is like in the NOJHL? Is it comparable to our league?
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

hearing Johnston could be heading back to chatham
GOJHLFAN-999

Post by GOJHLFAN-999 »

I hope you're right. Chatham needs Johnston back ASAP. Since he was moved to Flint they have gone 4-4. But the worst part of that is they have not beaten any of the teams that are consider their equal. Losing twice to London, once to St Thomas and once to LaSalle. Only beating St Mary’s twice, Lambton Shores and Strathroy.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLFAN-999 wrote:I hope you're right. Chatham needs Johnston back ASAP. Since he was moved to Flint they have gone 4-4. But the worst part of that is they have not beaten any of the teams that are consider their equal. Losing twice to London, once to St Thomas and once to LaSalle. Only beating St Mary’s twice, Lambton Shores and Strathroy.
Johnston sat on the bench more than he played anyways. But getting him back would be a boost to the goaltending situation for sure.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Update from Scott at Local Sports Report
http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2016 ... eing-made/
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Marcie wrote:Update from Scott at Local Sports Report
http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2016 ... eing-made/
A great pick up for London. To pick up a defenceman like this for the playoff push impressive. Tyler Sehovic will be there best defenceman.
Picking up Trottier and Sehovic want a power play improvement. There senting out a message to the other west teams.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Someone on the Jr.C forum said James Brooks is heading back to the Admirals.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

and Brett Primeau heading back to the Vipers
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Niagara Icedogs Ryan Sarris traded to Windsor Spitfires. Don't know how that affects LaSalle.