Strathroy Troubles

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Oglethorp

Re: Strathroy Troubles

Post by Oglethorp »

Former Rocket Matt McGhee is returning to Strathroy today. It is however to play for London's Saunders Secondary School against Strathroy's high school. Game time is 3:20.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
ohaguru

Post by ohaguru »

poof
Last edited by ohaguru on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

Why would your post vanish ohaguru? Like with any team the overall results on the ice are products of leadership. Blaming the players only goes so far.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Because he deleted it, like he does frequently. Tell me guru, why bother posting if you're just going to delete it a couple hours later. Do you not stand by what you say, or believe in what you say?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Looks like a big night in rocket land tonight forcing the flyers to double overtime despite being heavily out shot. rockets also looked like the kept there heads for the most part to letting leamington rack up the penalties congrats boys on a job well done was really hoping you guys could get the game winner
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Flyers still found a way to get the job despite not being on there best and the poor reffing at times. Well done Flyers 9 point lead for First Place, ill take it.
End of a era in Leamington
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

I would say the Rockets had a very good weekend collecting 3 of 4 possible points from the top 2 teams in the league. As for the reffing Sunday night I have seen worse this year. Leamington had opportunities to take advantage of some undisciplined Strathroy penalties but instead chose to even up the penalties instead of the score in the first. All the penalties including the match penalty to the Rockets player were all well deserved. The league penalty minute leader kept his emotions in check over the weekend and was a huge factor in their success.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Oglethorp wrote:The league penalty minute leader kept his emotions in check over the weekend and was a huge factor in their success.
I didn't know that Matt McCartney played for us. When did that happen?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

RocketGirl wrote:
Oglethorp wrote:The league penalty minute leader kept his emotions in check over the weekend and was a huge factor in their success.
I didn't know that Matt McCartney played for us. When did that happen?
Try to pay Strathroy a compliment and see what happens. Looks like I forgot to check the updated stats before I posted this morning. The conference penalty minute leader, I stand corrected.
Last edited by Oglethorp on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Well Lucas hasn't been the penalty leader since around Dec. 5, so you haven't checked it in a couple weeks, but I've been waiting to use that since then.

But yes, Lucas has stepped up his play in recent weeks. He's put the puck in the net and has stayed out of the box, or at least has kept his PIM's to a minimum. And from what I understand, he's emerging as a leader in the dressing room.

My boys have figured it out and pushed the conference leading Flyers to within 49 seconds of a tie last night. I wasn't at Sat's game, but was told by multiple people that we played great against St. Thomas.
Queen of the GOJHL

Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

You missed a great comeback Saturday night led by Latina. Sunday was the best game that I have seen him play.

Also of note Strathroy only dressed 11 forwards last night for some reason Sitting out were newly acquired Dillon Saunders, Lucan Irish Jr C sniper Dawson Cook as well as London Jr Knights forward and Strathroy resident Tristan Sedlak who was 1 of the 221 announced spectators in attendance. After losing Williams early in the game they were down to 10. Leamington pulled some very high risk maneuvers that almost cost them in the 3 on 3 by choosing not to have a defenceman on the ice. It almost cost them the game early in the 2nd OT but got away with it with .49 left when they tried 3 forwards for the 2nd time. I am not convinced that they would do that against a more potent team.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Definatley was risky and almost backfired. Not sure if the Flyers would have done if Piroski was behind the bench. He is gone until after the break. Couple long shifts as well. Best players on the ice were the rockets goalie and aaron langlois for the flyers.
End of a era in Leamington
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

I noticed that the Williams suspension is currently sitting at a minimum 4 games but could escalate if the league reviews the tape of the incident.
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

It looks like the Williams suspension has now been set at just 4 games. The news is as good as it could possibly get for the offensively challenged Rockets already missing McRoberts (injury) and McGhee who was named captain of the Saunders Secondary School Hockey team and will not be returning to Jr B at the end of the high school season as he will be preparing for an NCAA golf scholarship next season.
boaaa17

Post by boaaa17 »

Oglethorp wrote:It looks like the Williams suspension has now been set at just 4 games. The news is as good as it could possibly get for the offensively challenged Rockets already missing McRoberts (injury) and McGhee who was named captain of the Saunders Secondary School Hockey team and will not be returning to Jr B at the end of the high school season as he will be preparing for an NCAA golf scholarship next season.
The rockets may have (hopefully)turned that corner. The Bulika line and now it seems Latinas line r playing well as in putting up points not that the other lines arent. All four lines doing their jobs can only mean good things
Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

A good weekend it was for them but a long way to go.