Welland 1 for 11

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Welland 1 for 11

Post by Caledonia Fan »

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015 ... -caledonia

I was at the game in Welland this afternoon. Welland 1 for 11 on the PP and 20 shots on net the whole game.
But the article doesn't mention most of the PP opportunities came in the second. And a lot of it was 5 on 3.
On the 2 mins. of 5 on 3 Caledonia defencemen looses his stick. Sinclair knocks the net off the pegs and gets a delay of game penalty to stop the play.
Now you still have 5 on 3 and the delay of game penalty doesn't start till the 5 on 3 is over. I have seen this before but is this a heads up play or not.
Caledonia did kill off both penalties. We had a good discussion on the way home.

It was a hard hitting game. Welland needs more offence and someone to quarterback the PP.
Osborne is a good coach but maybe a little to defensive.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015 ... ason-5-0-1

Caledonia needs to stay out of the box it's going to be there down fall you can't keep this up.
GojhlFan74

Re: Welland 1 for 11

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Caledonia fan, I was also in attendance, are you sure we were watching the same game? First of all, record for length of a 2nd period? Over an hour long. But Sinclair did not kick that net off?? See how many times by both goalies it came off and the numerous amount of times the refs tried to fix it with water / snow. Bad call by wall. Didn't like how the game was officiated from a non biased opinion.. The supervisor assigned to the game must of went down and told them to wake up in between the 2nd / 3rd!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

We were at the other end of the arena so maybe not the best view. We just thought sense Sinclair got a delay of game penalty and the defencemen lost his stick on the 3 on 5 Sinclair knock the net off. I know they were having trouble with the net. They even called off a Welland goal net off.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Too many players doing their own thing. Everyone needs to get on the same page fast!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
jax

Post by jax »

Same page? They where all on the same page 100% effort! Never to defensive, take care of your zone out! Welland just doesn't have the shooters. How can you say to defensive???
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Osborne is a defensive coach. He said's so himself "when it comes to Wellands defence - first system"
"there's no way we should be allowing 8 goals, my system never does"
That's when Welland is successful good defensive play and great goaltending.
The good news Osborne said the team is on the lookout for players to add to the lineup.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015 ... ason-5-0-1
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I've heard there's a good chance that Welland will add a player or two by the deadline. I'm not sure if they'll be able to find a pure scorer, but anything helps.

What is really needed is a full 60 minute effort from everyone on the ice, every game! There's times where some take the odd shift off. There's been other games where I'm sure Osborne has wanted to bang his head off the wall.

When they play his systems for the full game, they get results. They need to push themselves hard, or they'll tire fast in the playoffs when everyone has to be at the top of their games.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Volvoman

Post by Volvoman »

I was at the Welland vs Cal game, I think that the ref made a bad call for delay on Sinclair. One thing I think for sure, Cal won't be able to compete against even caliber teams with the goaltending they have. I'm believing that's their Achilles heel!
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Agreed goaltending is not their strong point whatsoever this year
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Sinclair has played really well for them this season. He has great numbers too.

1.91 GAA, .917 SV%. Record of 18-3-1 with 3 shutouts. I think some people are grasping at straws.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Look at the team in front of him. A goalie from your favourite team Pelham could have the same numbers on Caledonia. I am also comparing to what they have had in the past. Furlong, Entmaa etc.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Look at the team in front of him. A goalie from your favourite team Pelham could have the same numbers on Caledonia. I am also comparing to what they have had in the past. Furlong, Entmaa etc.
Obviously Furlong & Entmaa were special. St.Catharines has a goalie who's that good this season.

But no, not any goalie would put up those numbers. They went and got Sinclair last season because their backup situation needed to be improved, a lot.

Sinclair is a Jr.A goaltender and has played great hockey this season. His numbers have actually improved over the past month.

He's just as good as anyone in the GHL. He gives them a solid chance to win against Ancaster, St.Catharines, etc. That's all one can really ask for.

If Caledonia has an area to improve, it's pim's. Too many penalties at bad times.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Yep your right about the penalties they do need to clean that up for sure. Tough with some of the guys they have though. Good hockey players but tempers are way too high.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Anyone still think Caledonia needs a goalie? :P
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland needs to find a few forwards, fast! It may be time to invest a few bucks into 17-18 year old's who'll commit long term.

It wouldn't make sense to pay for any 20 year old's at this point in this season. But the lack of scoring is getting out of hand, I feel bad for both goalies as they deserve better! Time to do something!
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:Welland needs to find a few forwards, fast! It may be time to invest a few bucks into 17-18 year old's who'll commit long term.

It wouldn't make sense to pay for any 20 year old's at this point in this season. But the lack of scoring is getting out of hand, I feel bad for both goalies as they deserve better! Time to do something!
Was time to do something 3 weeks ago
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

True they need goal scorers. Does this now mean Louie will go out and sign another goalie like he did last year(Hunter Johnson)
Good coaches in Welland but they are handicapped by poor owner decisions. :smt021
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

I didnt mind that pick up of Johnson but they needed offense as well which they didnt get.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

My response was not meant to be a knock on Hunter. He's a good person and a good goalie and would have been a great pick up, if it was a goalie you needed :smt039
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

True. I have heard something is in the works with Welland and another GHC team but thats all I can say.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:True. I have heard something is in the works with Welland and another GHC team but thats all I can say.
They're talking to Caledonia, Pelham, Thorold & St.Catharines from what I've heard. Also hearing a forward from Jr.A might be an option.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Yep Caledonia was team I heard
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

There goaltenders are the best tandem in the shoe.They just need more offence just like last year.
Hopefully they get some help. Miss opportunity's last year.
I don't know this Dylan Daigneault I just see he's a 99 with a goal and a assist that's a good start.
I watch a lot of JR -C hockey NDJCHL maybe take a look there. There are some guys down there with JR - B experience.
Brady Cranwell a 97 might me a good fit.
Can't see Caledonia giving up anyone they have so many suspenision all the time they need a couple guys hanging around.
Welland needs offence. Maybe it would be better for them to trade some of there 95 for some younger players.
Hopefully they hang around, and Janzen and McCorriston are back.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:There goaltenders are the best tandem in the shoe.They just need more offence just like last year.
Hopefully they get some help. Miss opportunity's last year.
I don't know this Dylan Daigneault I just see he's a 99 with a goal and a assist that's a good start.
I watch a lot of JR -C hockey NDJCHL maybe take a look there. There are some guys down there with JR - B experience.
Brady Cranwell a 97 might me a good fit.
Can't see Caledonia giving up anyone they have so many suspenision all the time they need a couple guys hanging around.
Welland needs offence. Maybe it would be better for them to trade some of there 95 for some younger players.
Hopefully they hang around, and Janzen and McCorriston are back.
I've heard Caledonia isn't done adding players yet. Not if they have their way anyways. If that happens, they'll likely have a player or two looking for more ice time. Welland will be watching with interest.

I can't see Caledonia trading anyone solid to the Falcons. With them being their biggest rival in the Shoe, a trade with them is highly unlikely.

I heard Niagara Falls will be looking for a player or two. With Curran leaving in January finding another forward will be a priority. I was told they aren't looking to deal any impact players, as they're quite happy with what they have. They added a solid goalie from the North Jr.B hockey league this week(Horner). Nice pickup after losing their number one. It shows they're serious about winning.

Ancaster will likely add a defense men, maybe even a few players. I'm sure the Falcons will be able to find another key player as well. Heard they might be going after a defense men in Thorold.

Fort Erie should be interesting, if they can find a great goalie, you never know.