St.Catharines Falcons

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

St.Catharines Falcons

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Nice article in the local newspaper honouring one of the Falcon founders. Nice to see he's not been forgotten.
www.st.catharinesstandard.ca :smt038
StCathFalcons

Re: St.Catharines Falcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Falcons clearly like playing Fort Erin better, in Fort Erie. Lit them up for 7-0 win. Top three teams win their games. Ancaster holding on to second place, with the Falcons having a game in hand.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Fort Erie only has 1 win at home so far this season which was back on October the 3rd so I think thats true with every team besides Caledonia probably. All other 7 wins were on road.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Fort Erie out shot St.Catharines in every period. That was surprising to see with the score being so one sided.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

St.Catharines has 3 games in hand on Ancaster and you are right about playing in Ft.Erie, I think the Falcons are more effective on the larger ice surface.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:Fort Erie out shot St.Catharines in every period. That was surprising to see with the score being so one sided.
I wasn't at the game. But I've learned a long time ago, don't be fooled by 'shots on net'. Maybe the stat should be called 'quality shots on net'. I've seen teams, many of times, be out shot and win by landslides, because the other team is shooting from everywhere. Good teams will give up as many shots as wanted by the other team, from the perimeter. Again, I don't know if this was the case in FE. Just warning caution on buying in to the stat, completely.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

5 games not to miss

Thru Dec 3 - St Catharines in Ancaster
Sun Dec 6 - Ancaster in Caledonia
Fri Dec 11 - Caledonia in St Catharines
Sat Dec 12 - St Catharines in Caledonia
Sat Dec 19 - St Catharines in Caledonia

Anyone thinking getting a group together from the west or mid-west and coming to see a game.
I would recommmend the Sat. game Dec 12 St Catharines at Caledonia the second of a back to back.
This way you could make a day of it.
With 8 games this month for St Catharines and Ancaster.
And Caledonia with 6 games this month and there playing each other
I wonder what the Golden Horseshoe will look like at Christmas break.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Caledonia Fan wrote:I wonder what the Golden Horseshoe will look like at Christmas break.
If any of these three come out of the end of the month with more than a six point lead on second place....they will cruise to first place all the way to the end of the season.