Ancaster edges Caledonia in OT

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Ancaster edges Caledonia in OT

Post by Port hockey1 »

Ancaster defeated Caledonia 3-2 in OT tonight.

Caledonia has now lost a game to both Ancaster & St.Catharines.

Just goes to show how out of touch Pelham ownership is. After they were embarrassed 17-1 last week, they tweeted about how they had to skate with a combined 800+ games of players who've played in the OHL.

Looks like a properly run organization is more than capable of skating with Caledonia...Just don't tell that to Tim.T. :mrgreen: :smt005

I still find the hypocrisy very funny though. I mean back when he had funding he brought in several ex OHL players in Port Colborne. Now that he's burned all of his bridges, he whines that other teams are still capable of building while he clearly isn't.

Even the teams lower in the standings grab former OHL players when they can.

Again, when a person lies to his players, volunteers & fans repeatedly...They have little incentive to be loyal. Owning a Jr team isn't about being the 'boss'. There has to be a level of respect.

As a certain GHL owner has found out over the years, some players will just quit before they'll play for a dictator. That and reputation is everything at this level. :wink:

BTW: I'll continue to wait for Caledonia to score 17 goals on another GHL club. Pelham's owner said it will happen a few more times. :lol:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GojhlFan74

Re: Ancaster edges Caledonia in OT

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Awesome game! Fast paced, hard hitting, and just good hockey. Cheesy ref calls both ways... But other than that, just a good rivalry. Looking forward to catching the next game between these 2!
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Watched a bunch of it on Fast Hockey awesome game from what I saw. Ancaster is certainly giving Caledonia some trouble so far this year. Well see what the Corvairs do to change that. I dont know why you have to bring up Pelham just to chirp them anyway you can though. Were all aware how bad they are lol.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

GojhlFan74 wrote:Awesome game! Fast paced, hard hitting, and just good hockey. Cheesy ref calls both ways... But other than that, just a good rivalry. Looking forward to catching the next game between these 2!
I completely agree can't wait for the next game.In 3 games so far a tie and a overtime win for each. Matt Calas played lights out. Made a great save on Pawley on a breakaway than stop J. Brown on the trailer. Even the Caledonia fans gave him a hand I know I did. The big story was Owen Burnell. He scored two goals one was the game winner in overtime. He blocked two shots from the point on one PK it had to hurt. Played a great game in from of his home town and scored the winner in OT it can't get any better than that.

I heard at the game Ancaster and St Catharines was a good game also. You can't miss watching any of these three teams play each other.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:Watched a bunch of it on Fast Hockey awesome game from what I saw. Ancaster is certainly giving Caledonia some trouble so far this year. Well see what the Corvairs do to change that. I dont know why you have to bring up Pelham just to chirp them anyway you can though. Were all aware how bad they are lol.
Pelham tweeted about Caledonia last week. Just pointing out what total bs the tweet was.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102