From The Icedogs

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

From The Icedogs

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Fort Erie signed Evan Krassey from the Icedogs. He's a big winger 6'3' 193 and only 17 years old.Played in St Marys some last year gp 35 g- 6 a-1 pim 63
I like how aggressive Fort Erie has been this year getting players.If some of these young players hang around they could be a contender in a few years.
Like Port Hockey always says watch out in the playoffs you don't want to play Fort Erie.
Port hockey1

Re: From The Icedogs

Post by Port hockey1 »

It's a surprise to see them adding players. It's great to see a success story in Fort Erie. Those kids are the hardest working bunch in the league. They have a coach that can win without much talent.

Well now they have a great pool of talent, look out because this team is not the same team most are used to. This team should be able to win a playoff round with the work ethic they have. Winning the 2nd round won't even be out of the question.

I've seen what Hubbert's Port teams have done in the past. If any players are reading this, give it your all for this man(Hubbert). He will always give you everything he has. And he has a lot of history in this league with Port, Thorold, etc.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:This team should be able to win a playoff round with the work ethic they have. Winning the 2nd round won't even be out of the question.
I think for them to win a series, they need to move up in the rankings a little more, to force a series against Welland or Niagara. They continue to be a pain in the side of the top teams. Great win over St Kitts recently, motivated with Manny Manns. But their game is still inconsistent. Big win, then big losses follow. I still think they would struggle to knock of Caledonia, Ancaster or St Catharines in a seven game series. But these additions they keep making will certainly help them.

Big difference between the old Port team (when Bryan Kelly coached) was they had mvp goalies stealing multiple games. FE, IMHO, don't have that....yet. Maybe that's their next move?!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

StCathFalcons wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:This team should be able to win a playoff round with the work ethic they have. Winning the 2nd round won't even be out of the question.
I think for them to win a series, they need to move up in the rankings a little more, to force a series against Welland or Niagara. They continue to be a pain in the side of the top teams. Great win over St Kitts recently, motivated with Manny Manns. But their game is still inconsistent. Big win, then big losses follow. I still think they would struggle to knock of Caledonia, Ancaster or St Catharines in a seven game series. But these additions they keep making will certainly help them.

Big difference between the old Port team (when Bryan Kelly coached) was they had mvp goalies stealing multiple games. FE, IMHO, don't have that....yet. Maybe that's their next move?!
I'm talking before Kelly, when Hubbert coached.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Port hockey1 wrote:I'm talking before Kelly, when Hubbert coached.
Ok, I'm old. Memory doesn't work as well. I don't know what Hubbert was able to make out of his teams back then. But my opinion sticks, no matter the coach. If he can land a 'stand on your head' kind of goalie, then I agree...that team will cause teams massive fits. But until they get that goalie that can steal multiple games in a row...they will be in tough to win four out of seven against the top three...in my opinion.