Pelham continues to make league look bad

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Pelham continues to make league look bad

Post by Port hockey1 »

Pelham was destroyed 17-1 tonight by the Caledonia Corvairs. Caledonia scored 7 goals in both the 2nd & 3rd periods. They out shot Pelham 66-11. 6 players with at least 5 points. :lol:

Pelham is the only team in the GOJHL to be embarrassed multiple times year after year. This goes back to their days in Port Colborne too. Every season the Sailors, then "Pirates", after the Sailors name was bankrupted were losing more funding. That franchise was in great shape when it was sold years ago.

The last solid team this franchise has had was the group of Phillips, Deconcilys, Lavrenov, etc. Those days are gone. The people of Pelham are now well aware of what they got with this franchise.

Now, ownership is back to the "we're committed to development" line. What else can they commit to? The fans, volunteers & players left in Port. Now it's the same old story in Pelham.

I've said it before & I'll say it again, I feel really bad for any parent who's allowed their kid to sign with that team. It's a quick way for any teen to lose interest in playing Jr hockey. I see another former Pelham Panther has dropped down to Jr.C (Schmalz, Dunnville). He joins a long, never ending list of players to do so over the last several seasons. Others have just quit.

It's long overdue for the GOJHL/OHA to step in here. This franchise is a joke, period. But for now, the circus continues. :smt031 :smt117
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Re: Pelham continues to make league look bad

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

As long as the team/players continue to pay league fees it will never happen haha. This year to be honest they have been a better team then last year. Dont forget they brought Caledonia to overtime couple weeks ago.