Welland vs St. Kitts - Nov. 1st

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

hurricane73

Welland vs St. Kitts - Nov. 1st

Post by hurricane73 »

Great game tonight. Very exciting, played at a high tempo and could have gone either way in spite of border-line inept refereeing by Robertson and Myers. I have a technical question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. At 18:08 of the first period Langan of the Falcons got a minor and an automatic 10 minutes for head contact. Green of the Falcons sat in the box as well to come out at the duration of the minor or if Welland scored. Green apparently came out too early and was charged with a two minute minor at the 20:00 minute mark of the first period. Starting the second period I expected the Falcons to be two men short for 8 seconds, but instead the two minute penalty was added to the eight seconds being served by Green previously. This meant the Falcons ended up killing two consecutive 2 minute penalties even though the two penalties overlaped by eight seconds. Was this the right call or just another mistake by the officials (minor and refs). Any comments?
GOJHLfan1

Re: Welland vs St. Kitts - Nov. 1st

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

He left the penalty box to early at end of the period before Myers said he could go. Technically because it was on the same player that was already in box it gets added to the penalty he was already serving so it was correct. Same sordof situation happened in Niagara Falls last week with Welland and NF. A player on Welland apparently left 2 seconds to early and the timekeepers called it out to the refs 3:05 later. Stead made the Welland player go back in and serve another 2:02 for leaving to early. That PP led to the tieing goal for Niagara Falls :27 later fortunately for Welland they scored with 1:39 to go and still won the game.