Big Tilt

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Big Tilt

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Going to St.Kitts tonight to catch the Big Tilt between the Corvairs and the Falcons. Hoping to see a great game. :D :D
ref

Re: Big Tilt

Post by ref »

It was a great game. Best Jr. B game that I've seen in a long time. Both teams skated fast and really moving the puck well.
The shots on net were pretty much even as well as the penalties.
Falcons won 3-1 but it could have gone either way.
BeenThereDoneThat

Yep, the Ref is right. great game. Best I've seen since last years play-offs between both these two teams. both goalies made big saves when they had to. :D :D
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

Credit St. Kitts with a strong team effort last night, they worked hard every shift and were rewarded for it. Corvairs looked like they were going through the motions, slow and uninterested. Hopefully it's a wake call for them, to raise their compete level.
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

Vairs61 wrote:Corvairs looked like they were going through the motions, slow and uninterested. Hopefully it's a wake call for them, to raise their compete level.
I'm not sure I'd agree completely with that....I thought Corvairs were working hard. Skating, crashing and banging. Both goalies were spectacular.

Let's remember, I think Caledonia had five regulars out of the lineup due to suspension. Next game, if all are healthy for both teams, should be a great tilt.
BeenThereDoneThat

All teams on occasion have to play with a shortened bench due to injuries or suspensions. If I remember correctly last year in the league finals St.Catharines played with as many as 7 players missing from their lineup. They didn't complain nor did the Corvairs complain on Friday.

Like it or not, these are the best two teams in the Horseshoe and quite possibility the best two in the GOJHL. I look forward to each and every game between these two teams because the games are always so intense.

Bullard says he builds team with the sole intention of being able to compete with St.Catharines and Girhiny says the road to the Sutherland Cup goes straight through Caledonia. I think these two guys have it right. :smt041
StCathFalcons

Post by StCathFalcons »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Bullard says he builds team with the sole intention of being able to compete with St.Catharines and Girhiny says the road to the Sutherland Cup goes straight through Caledonia. I think these two guys have it right. :smt041
I won't argue with you there (although Ancaster may be a pain in the side). :x
BeenThereDoneThat

Yes, I agree with you. I don't mean to dis Ancaster, I just think in the end that the Falcons and Corvairs will be the teams to battle it out for the Horseshoe title. Just look at the quality of the players both of these two teams have signed in the last few weeks. They both keep improving on what they have and by doing so they distance themselves from the remainder of the teams in their division. Of the remaining 6 teams in the Horseshoe Division ,the team least effected would be Ancaster. :smt023