Thorold Bush league

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Thorold Bush league

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Message to Thorold's Head Coach, "your bush league strategy may work against inferior teams but not against Caledonia" :smt097 .
Port hockey1

Re: Thorold Bush league

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Message to Thorold's Head Coach, "your bush league strategy may work against inferior teams but not against Caledonia" :smt097 .
Kelly's team...Bush league? No way. :smt081 :smt082
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
jax

Post by jax »

Hear caladonia isn't much better? After tonight.
BeenThereDoneThat

Can't say I'm too impressed with the bull sh** that went on in the 3rd period tonight. I wasn't there but looking at the 3rd period summary makes me happy I wasn't :oops: :oops:
jax

Post by jax »

This team does not belong in the gojhl...for many reasons! it's time they look at there rules and requirements....it is a completely uneven playing field.
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Jax, would love to hear your opinion on why? Or just another bitter falcons fan? I'm unbiased here.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

This has been said many times now. Caledonia follows the same rules as every other club in the GOJHL. They aren't unbeatable. Did they go undefeated in last years playoffs?

It used to be Niagara Falls always at the top, then it was Thorold for a few years, then St.Catharines. Now there's a new top dog. Complaining about the Corvairs talent is kind of funny. Isn't this league trying to market itself to future players? Having teams like Caledonia certainly helps. They are a great measuring stick for kids & opposing teams.

This isn't the "everyone's equal" house league. This is supposed to be about development and competing. The Caledonia Corvairs have done both incredibly. They are the poster franchise for how a team should be ran.

As for the incident tonight, these kind of line-brawls happen from time to time. They are started after tempers boil over and dirty hits are delivered. I don't think there's a team in the league that hasn't been guilty of that at one time or another. Welland responded the way they needed to.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
jax

Post by jax »

First off I'm not a falcon fan or a fan of there coach.
I do however don't believe 13 or 14, 95's is developing talent at the Jr b level. They are developed mostly by that age and are men. ( at this level) and are most likely in there last year of hockey. Frankly to see # 26 on caladonia who is a 95 pound a young 16 year Olds head in to the ice several times last night is despicable! Caladonia up 4-0 running and chopping a younger welland team. Why? Why does there coach feel they need to play this way?? He is the one in charge of his troops. You yes It's a reflection of him. Yes they are playing within the rules but perhaps there is tweaking needed.
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Jax, they have developed quite afew players in recent years, and have a very successful program. Just this year they lost Austin McEneny to the QMJHL, as well as Connor Bramwell. Now JC Thiverge is also gone. But as for the 95's they have developed a core group from the first year of the Sutherland cup win. It goes beyond sending young 16 year olds to the O. Getting them into schools is what Caledonia is good at! Let's not blame this on Caledonia, welland ran Sinclair the shift before, and then a scrum in front of welland net turns into a line brawl.. It happens! I'm just saying, I respect what Caledonia is doing for this league, and helping young men go further in life with there hockey careers!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

jax wrote:First off I'm not a falcon fan or a fan of there coach.
I do however don't believe 13 or 14, 95's is developing talent at the Jr b level. They are developed mostly by that age and are men. ( at this level) and are most likely in there last year of hockey. Frankly to see # 26 on caladonia who is a 95 pound a young 16 year Olds head in to the ice several times last night is despicable! Caladonia up 4-0 running and chopping a younger welland team. Why? Why does there coach feel they need to play this way?? He is the one in charge of his troops. You yes It's a reflection of him. Yes they are playing within the rules but perhaps there is tweaking needed.
Caledonia has a former kid who went pro with the Ducks organization. They had a rookie lead their team in scoring a few years ago. Countless 19-20 year olds have moved onto higher levels.

You're entitled to your opinion, but they do in fact develop a lot of talent. It's all on the internet if anyone would like to look that stuff up.

The coach doesn't have control over how his players handle situations. In fact, every team in the league has had players involved in really dirty instances. So why is Caledonia's incident being made into a bigger deal than the Passero incident, or the Tanner Ferguson incident?

As for how many 20 year olds are on teams...Look up the numbers, Caledonia isn't exactly running away with that category.

You don't like them, that is fine. But if you come on here and post false information such as they dob't develop talent, or that they shouldn't be in the league, I'll be here to defend them. I've posted facts to back my claims up, feel free to add yours too. :)
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

GojhlFan74 wrote:Jax, they have developed quite afew players in recent years, and have a very successful program. Just this year they lost Austin McEneny to the QMJHL, as well as Connor Bramwell. Now JC Thiverge is also gone. But as for the 95's they have developed a core group from the first year of the Sutherland cup win. It goes beyond sending young 16 year olds to the O. Getting them into schools is what Caledonia is good at! Let's not blame this on Caledonia, welland ran Sinclair the shift before, and then a scrum in front of welland net turns into a line brawl.. It happens! I'm just saying, I respect what Caledonia is doing for this league, and helping young men go further in life with there hockey careers!
Your right but Caledonia ran Janzen earlier in the game so
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Luscombe never ran Janzen that was a slashing call. the Ref was right there.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Probably everyone all ready saw this off of ArcPro.

https://youtu.be/e4uvRGr0iDM

Hamilton runs Sinclair
Ratchford goes after Hamilton good fight
I have no problem with this.
What I have a problem with checking from behind and head contact.
McCartney and Seguin way out of line here. Seguin just don't get it. It's his third or forth checking from behind .In ten games and just as many headshots with that. This guy is the teams Captain and the local paper does a big story on this guy if you can believe it. Someone said at the game that they used
to playing in the OHL. Are they saying the OHL are more lenient or this is acceptable.
BeenThereDoneThat

There's a reason why Seguin is still not in the OHL. You know if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it must be a duck.

As far as captain goes, it should have been Matt Hore, end of story.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Luscombe never ran Janzen that was a slashing call. the Ref was right there.
A slash (which they were doing all game) and then run right through him you mean.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:
Caledonia Fan wrote:Luscombe never ran Janzen that was a slashing call. the Ref was right there.
A slash (which they were doing all game) and then run right through him you mean.
I agree with you though, obviously going to fight back after Welland ran Sinclair no issue there and that was a good fight.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Welland had just as many slashing calls as Caledonia 2 each.
If Luscombe ran Janzen don't you think A Welland player would have jump in.
The Ref was right there he would have called it.
Caledonia had the puck all night and control of the game.Even when Welland was on the pp.
You can say what you want but Welland was horrible.
The way they played Caledonia could have beat them even if it was 5 on 4 all game.
They had a chance to put Caledonia away early 4 pp in a row in the first period over a min. on 5 on 3
Instead they got 6 shots on net the whole period 4 shots 2nd period
Frustrating game for Welland out played the whole game.
1-12 on the PP 17 shots on goal
Gave up 3 PP goals
jax

Post by jax »

Exactly! In control of the game in every way, playing a welland team which probably had the least pims if not very close . Why does caladonia lead the league in pims? So kind of calling the kettle black to say thorold is bush league?
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Jax,
They lead the league in PIMS and it amazes me. They have the puck for 90% of the game, yet it's like the refs way of keeping it close to call anything they do to give the other team a chance. Not to mention they have afew head cases who take a lot of 10's
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

jax wrote:Exactly! In control of the game in every way, playing a welland team which probably had the least pims if not very close . Why does caladonia lead the league in pims? So kind of calling the kettle black to say thorold is bush league?
I really don't know what your trying to say. And I don't know if your taking to me. But I would never call Thorold bush league and never have.
Bryan Kelly one of the best coach and GM in the league. And it's true Caledonia control the whole game Welland never show up I was there. I don't care how much PIM Welland has want differ does it make. Don't know why Caledonia leads the league in PIM and who cares. Why is Leamington second in the league in PIM. Why is Kitchener third in the league in PIM. Could it have something to do with these three teams are first in there Conference. Is this the leagues way of stopping more blowouts give the better teams more penalties I hope not. MOST of the Sutherland Cup winners lead the league in PIM .
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Welland had just as many slashing calls as Caledonia 2 each.
If Luscombe ran Janzen don't you think A Welland player would have jump in.
The Ref was right there he would have called it.
Caledonia had the puck all night and control of the game.Even when Welland was on the pp.
You can say what you want but Welland was horrible.
The way they played Caledonia could have beat them even if it was 5 on 4 all game.
They had a chance to put Caledonia away early 4 pp in a row in the first period over a min. on 5 on 3
Instead they got 6 shots on net the whole period 4 shots 2nd period
Frustrating game for Welland out played the whole game.
1-12 on the PP 17 shots on goal
Gave up 3 PP goals
No one argued saying Welland was better team, I was there I am aware it was all Caledonia. A slash to the glove wouldnt knock his helmet off and have Janzen lay on the ice for a few minutes. Also nobody could jump in because linesman took him right to the box.
Guido9999

Post by Guido9999 »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (35.04 KiB) Viewed 15787 times
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Awesome! :D