GOJHL Blog Announcement

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

GOJHL Blog Announcement

Post by RocketGirl »

http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2015 ... ouncement/

Well hockey fans, we are officially a week away from the start of the 2015-16 GOJHL season. If you’ve been following here for the last couple seasons, you know that I’ve been running this blog, first as the Western Conference blog and then last season it became the GOJHL blog.

Well I have some news. I am leaving Local Sports Report. I’ve had an offer to post my articles on another site and it was a difficult decision but I have decided to take it. I feel that this is in my best interests and I will reach a bigger audience and it could potentially offer further opportunities for me.

I’d like to thank Kevin Legros, the site administrator, for giving me this blog. I’ve enjoyed having it, running it, and making it something I’m proud of. If it wasn’t for this site, I wouldn’t have had a chance to get my thoughts and writing style out there and I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to contribute the GOJHL article for the OHA’s Blueline Magazine in the spring.

I’m passing the torch on to David Honsberger, who’s been my co-editor here. If you’d like to test out your writing skills, feel free to contact Kevin at Kevin@localsportsreport.com

Thanks to everyone for reading my ramblings over here, I appreciate all of your support and look forward to your continued support as I move up in the blogging world. Although I haven’t said where I’m going, out of respect for Kevin and Local Sports Report, I’m sure you’ll find me.

Thanks.

Stacy Brooks

RocketGirl
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GOJHLfan1

Re: GOJHL Blog Announcement

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Congrats! Good luck with everything
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Thanks GOJHL Fan.

Since I've gotten some messages about it, I feel I should clarify that I'm still going to be around, I'm just moving to a different site.

I'm hoping that my first article will be posted next Fri., since I've been working on it for a few weeks now.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Good luck RG, never change, always be you. :smt029
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Good luck to you, will miss your passion that you have for your team and the league.
I hope you still write a 2015 -2016 predictions article. I was looking forward to reading it.
And I hope you still cover the GOJHL.We need more people like you keeping the league strong.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Again, I'm not going anywhere, I've just switched sites. And since it's now out on Twitter, I have joined the staff at Overtime Sports Nation.

I'm actually not writing a predictions article though. I sat down to write it a few weeks ago, wrote 1 team and didn't want to write anymore. Maybe if I'd started with a different team, I wouldn't have lost my motivation. :)

What I'm working on is my first games preview article, of the Showcase, and since that will take up the majority of next weekend, I've started the preview after that as well.
Queen of the GOJHL

JuniorBFan007

Post by JuniorBFan007 »

Good Luck RocketGirl! I have enjoyed your news updates and opinions on everything GOJHL
sam

Post by sam »

Good luck ,,Rocket Girl .I have enjoyed your thread here .and am sure you will do a good job on your next assignment
thank you
Sam