Pre-season incident, Fort Erie player

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Pre-season incident, Fort Erie player

Post by Port hockey1 »

Something almost never seen happened in a pre-season game between Niagara Falls & Fort Erie tonight.

Penalties called at 3rd period stoppage to Fort Erie player:
Fort Erie- Joe Costello-(Inciting An Opponent)(Misconduct)(M22)10 MIN,6:13
Fort Erie- Joe Costello-(Travesty Of Game)(Gross Misconduct)(GRM60) 0 MIN,6:13
Fort Erie- Joe Costello-(Phys. Abuse Of Off.)(Match)(MP25) 0 MIN,6:13
If he actually intentionally made contact with an official, he should be banished!

If it was accidental contact, a long suspension is probably still in order.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Re: Pre-season incident, Fort Erie player

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Atleast 9 games and he will still have to attend a hearing.

2 for travesty
Minimum of 7 for the abuse on official
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Was anyone actually there who could tell us what happened, how it happened, if it warranted the Match and Gross?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Nucks99

Post by Nucks99 »

Basically what happened was a little scrum after the whistle. The Fort Erie player began inciting a much larger Canucks player (conveniently only when the ref was in between them). He may have resisted the ref a bit but nothing wild like punching the ref etc. On his way out of the game he decided the Exit sign looked a bit crooked. So being a fine gentleman he tried to straighten it out by swinging his stick at it. Unfortunately he didn't know his own strength and broke the Exit sign. Thankfully there were no fires during the remainder of the game and the Exit sign was not needed.
OHAHockeyFan

Post by OHAHockeyFan »

I heard he spit on Myers
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Thanks for responding!

That explains the travesty of a game, breaking a sign on his way off the ice. I've seen a player get a travesty gross for sitting in the penalty box waving a white towel like a surrender flag.

The physical abuse is a fine line. Even shoving a linesman out of the way is considered physical abuse. As with the discriminatory slur in the Waterloo/Cambridge game, any incident like this has to be filed/reported to the OHA office for them to review.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.