Canucks Pre Season Tournament

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Canucks Pre Season Tournament

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Looks like Ancaster and Caledonia both won their divisions. Does anybody have the results from the scheduled 6pm Championship game ?
Nothing listed on the Canucks site to relate to the final game. :smt102
jax

Re: Canucks Pre Season Tournament

Post by jax »

From my understanding the finals where cancelled. Ancaster called it a day after there morning game.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Yep your right, Ancaster said they were not coming back so Niagara Falls just cancelled the game. Dont blame Ancaster though would be a waste to either wait around all day or come back to play Caledonia
jax

Post by jax »

I suppose your right, asking ancaster to play 4 games in two days is a lot of hockey, even with all the extra bodies in camp. Doesn't do much for the integrity of the tournament format.
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

What, Ancaster didn't know there was a chance of 4 games in 2 days when they entered the tournament?

Totally unacceptable for the tournament organizers, fans, etc.
marsbar

Post by marsbar »

'Tournament' is a bit of a stretch - more like a quick look-see at the newbies trying to make their new clubs.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Its a preseason tournament lol means absolutely nothing to Ancaster. Also saved Niagara Falls money for ice time so they dont care. Only team who cares is Caledonia and they dont even need the practice so
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

marsbar wrote:'Tournament' is a bit of a stretch - more like a quick look-see at the newbies trying to make their new clubs.
I agree totally, clubs taking a good look at there guys lots of 16 teen years old.
Lots of turnovers and sloppiness expected in a pre-season game.
And don;t let the score of the Corvairs games fool you. They played a lot of there regulars, turnovers, sloppiness, stupid penalties they were bad bad bad.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

The Corvairs must really care. They are the only team that iced pretty much what will be their starting line up.
Enough about Ancaster not wanting to play 4 games in 2 days, lets face it,they got the Caledonia flu.
jax

Post by jax »

Yes heaven forbid they loose a game this year ! Even when it means nothing.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

The Corvairs have there team in place, they spend the off season putting the pieces together. They are a well run organization and a treat to watch. It's seems more and more each year that they are pulling away from the rest of the league. They may be better served moving up the Jr A where they would have more competition.
Can't believe a team would refuse to play them in a pre season tourney.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

To be honest I doubt they would of came back to play anybody. They played at like 9 in the morning yesterday there not going to sit around for 7 hours for a game that has no meaning. This happened couple years ago in Pirates cup to, Brantford was in finals but said they werent waiting around and left. There was still a final though Tim just put his team in finals after going 0-3 and they ended up winning lol.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Corvairs hatred...Jealous much? :lol: 8)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:To be honest I doubt they would of came back to play anybody. They played at like 9 in the morning yesterday there not going to sit around for 7 hours for a game that has no meaning. This happened couple years ago in Pirates cup to, Brantford was in finals but said they werent waiting around and left. There was still a final though

Tim just put his team in finals after going 0-3 and they ended up winning lol.

:smt082 Nothing that man does surprises me. Why any parent would let their kid sign with a team associated with him is mind boggling.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
GOJHLfan1 wrote:To be honest I doubt they would of came back to play anybody. They played at like 9 in the morning yesterday there not going to sit around for 7 hours for a game that has no meaning. This happened couple years ago in Pirates cup to, Brantford was in finals but said they werent waiting around and left. There was still a final though

Tim just put his team in finals after going 0-3 and they ended up winning lol.

:smt082 Nothing that man does surprises me. Why any parent would let their kid sign with a team associated with him is mind boggling.
Most parents do not care or do not know Tim so. Only people that would really know him are the locals.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Surprising that more people don't google people associated with these teams before making a decision. Or at least ask former players etc. about teams and their histories. With all these social media sites, It can't be that difficult.