Caledonia Signing

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Caledonia Signing

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Heard this morning (but so far unable to confirm) that the Corvairs have inked Tyler Hore for the 2015/2016 season. Tyler played with the
Soo Greyhounds last year. :smt038. Was also told that three different teams from Tier 2 Jr.A were also in hot pursuit of Tyler but were unsuccessful in their attempts to sign him. "Good for the GOJHL"
RocketGirl

Re: Caledonia Signing

Post by RocketGirl »

I was going through my Twitter today and saw that the Corvairs have also picked up Josh Slegers from St. Thomas for this season.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Battle of whos offering him more money. Caledonia obviously won haha
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Tyler Hore is staying with the Greyhounds.I was at the Covairs practice last night.
Team looking good. Some say better than last year. We will have to wait and see.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

They were really good last year but I think the year before they were even better. Better goaltending the year before with Furlong for sure.
Vairs61

Post by Vairs61 »

They look strong again from what I have seen. There defence looks bigger and more skilled then last year, and the speed up front is impressive.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Looking forward to seeing them this weekend in NF tournament
Pro-FitRocks

Post by Pro-FitRocks »

I guess we will have to see what Caledonia brings to the table this year. I'm sure Tyler Hore is back in the Soo and even if the Soo put him on waivers Flint would probably pick him up. Its too bad Buffalo had to pull out of the GHC as it seems they would of been competitive this year. Should be a good year for the GOJHL all around, looking forward to it.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GOJHLfan1 wrote:They were really good last year but I think the year before they were even better. Better goaltending the year before with Furlong for sure.
Furlong was a goalie you don't see every year at this level for sure. But Entmaa played outstanding last year too. Furlong left some big shoes to fill.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Any news on Caledonia imports or skilled locals who have signed ?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Tyler Hore is staying with the Greyhounds.I was at the Covairs practice last night.
Team looking good. Some say better than last year. We will have to wait and see.
Was at the Dutchmen and Siskins camps over the weekend talking to some scouts, coaches, etc.

They all said the same thing -- Caledonia going for three-peat and this year's team looks better than last year. They look so good that a lot of other teams scouts and GMs have been in Caledonia trying to pick off the depth guys. Apparently Caledonia has too many players, and want to unload some to sign others.
Pro-FitRocks

Post by Pro-FitRocks »

Anything can happen in hockey. I think the Caledonia Team is very humble and really doesn't say much. I wouldn't count out any team yet. So far everyone is undefeated. Anyone seen Ancaster or St. Catharines Camps. I heard Brantford has improved quite a bit and they seem to be winning their Exhibition Games. Who is looking good in the West and Mid-West so far?
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

Best team money can buy...
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Pro-FitRocks wrote:Anything can happen in hockey. I think the Caledonia Team is very humble and really doesn't say much. I wouldn't count out any team yet. So far everyone is undefeated. Anyone seen Ancaster or St. Catharines Camps. I heard Brantford has improved quite a bit and they seem to be winning their Exhibition Games. Who is looking good in the West and Mid-West so far?
Cambridge looks really strong - big, talented, etc.

Haven't seen Brantford. Kitchener looks pretty good. Tireless scouting team there - though I heard most of their scouts headed to Waterloo with Fidlin.

Waterloo played a bunch of 99s vs. Cambridge and you could tell. No real read on them yet.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

GoWest wrote:Best team money can buy...
And your point is???
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Was at the Dutchmen and Siskins camps over the weekend talking to some scouts, coaches, etc.

They all said the same thing -- Caledonia going for three-peat and this year's team looks better than last year. They look so good that a lot of other teams scouts and GMs have been in Caledonia trying to pick off the depth guys. Apparently Caledonia has too many players, and want to unload some to sign others.[/quote]

Your right a lot of teams scouts and GMs out at the practices. I was there the one night Waterloo and Welland was there lots of talk. I also heard the teams are there as a invite. But Caledonia is getting close I think.They had about 27 players out there . Four were goaltenders if your looking for a goaltender they all looked good. Caledonia also lost another player Connor Branwell to the Q. I heard early in the year Zach Bramwell was in camp but he's trying out for Ancaster.
With only 8 guys from last years team coming back there's lot of positions available. Only one goalie position but you never know.
Like I said before Caledonia wants to 3-peat that's all the talk. The team they start with will look at lot different at the end of the season.Caledonia brought in 5 guys during the season and all fit right in last year.
On a lighter side who's going to have more 20 year old's Caledonia or St Catharines.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Your right a lot of teams scouts and GMs out at the practices. I was there the one night Waterloo and Welland was there lots of talk. I also heard the teams are there as a invite. But Caledonia is getting close I think.They had about 27 players out there . Four were goaltenders if your looking for a goaltender they all looked good. Caledonia also lost another player Connor Branwell to the Q. I heard early in the year Zach Bramwell was in camp but he's trying out for Ancaster.
With only 8 guys from last years team coming back there's lot of positions available. Only one goalie position but you never know.
Like I said before Caledonia wants to 3-peat that's all the talk. The team they start with will look at lot different at the end of the season.Caledonia brought in 5 guys during the season and all fit right in last year.
On a lighter side who's going to have more 20 year old's Caledonia or St Catharines.
Have to remember a lot of kids get signed to cards in the GOJHL without much fanfare or announcements. I know Waterloo signed two 99s (Schnarr [GUE 3rd rounder] being one of them), but no announcement. From what I was told, most of Caledonias cards are used up, so they are hoping to unload a few they see as expendable. Welland and Waterloo likely looking at Caledonia Dmen from what I heard...
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:Any news on Caledonia imports or skilled locals who have signed ?
Brantford beat us out for Jack Phibbs. He was at Caledonia prospect camp.
Don't know want happen? Here's a story from the local paper.
http://www.sachem.ca/uncategorized/phib ... portunity/

The Corvairs would like to sign Tyler Hill he has been out to the practices. But I here he's weighting his options.
Also heard rumour of Corey Pawley signed but this could be a rumour.
Last edited by Caledonia Fan on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Welland should be at every Jr.B camp. Many of their eligible returnees have decided to take their skills elsewhere. Hopefully they can fill the gaps and remain a respectable team in the Shoe.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Welland should be at every Jr.B camp. Many of their eligible returnees have decided to take their skills elsewhere. Hopefully they can fill the gaps and remain a respectable team in the Shoe.
I wonder if this is backlash from last year.They were so close last year all they needed to do was add a little more offence.
But management did nothing all year long and for the playoffs that brought in a goaltender.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

It's offical Corey Pawley and Matt Mc Cartney has sign to play for Caledonia.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia as sent Anton Trublin [97] to Thorold Blackhawks.
macneiljake

Post by macneiljake »

The St. Catharines Falcons have signed American goalie Cam Gray(1996) after they were turned down by a few Jr.A goalies. Gray played the past 2 years at Ridley College.