Things

A discussion area for things not hockey related.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

GojhlFan74

Silence is GOLDEN

Post by GojhlFan74 »

Nothing I like more than hearing the sound of silence.
Once again the Corvairs have silenced all the "haters", no one in the golden horse shoe ever gives them the credit they deserve(select few ppl do)
It takes a lot of hard work to do what they've done twice in a row. Congrats to the Back 2 Back champs!
Port hockey1

Re: Silence is GOLDEN

Post by Port hockey1 »

GojhlFan74 wrote:Nothing I like more than hearing the sound of silence.
Once again the Corvairs have silenced all the "haters", no one in the golden horse shoe ever gives them the credit they deserve(select few ppl do)
It takes a lot of hard work to do what they've done twice in a row. Congrats to the Back 2 Back champs!
Well said, several people were on here trash talking Caledonia throughout the playoffs. Not a peep in a while...Guess those shoes are deeper down their throats than first thought. :P 8)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Either that or we don't share the same obsession with teenage boys that you and Catholic Priests seem to share. :lol:
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

I dunno goalie... I've seen afew of your comments about the Falcons/ Frank Girhny that raise some
Red flags about the obsession part... How'd they do the past two seasons again? Oh right... Have a good summer
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

There are 6 other teams in the Horseshoe that wish they enjoyed the success both on and off the ice that the Falcons have in the last 3 years. I'm betting that GOJHL Fan74's team hasn't faired as well either. :smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:There are 6 other teams in the Horseshoe that wish they enjoyed the success both on and off the ice that the Falcons have in the last 3 years. I'm betting that GOJHL Fan74's team hasn't faired as well either. :smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Who cares...Caledonia won, again. End of story. :roll:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

goalie34 wrote:Either that or we don't share the same obsession with teenage boys that you and Catholic Priests seem to share. :lol:
As a Catholic I'm offended by that comment
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

As a non-practising Catholic, I too am offended by that statement, only in that it is inaccurate. Most of the victims of the Catholic church were pre-teen. :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Well, this thread has gone to sh**. Even Admin has no boundaries. Interesting. :smt031 :smt102
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Wait a second, stating a fact (not opinion) is a "boundary" thing? Odd.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Administrator wrote:Wait a second, stating a fact (not opinion) is a "boundary" thing? Odd.
lol, the banter doesn't bother me...But it is very inappropriate for this forum, well it is when some people post... :P

I thought Blades would be all over this. 8) :P :smt003
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

It's Admin's forum. He makes the rules, and he can break the rules, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:It's Admin's forum. He makes the rules, and he can break the rules, and there's nothing you can do about it.
lol, yes I can, I can take him to court. If he allows others to make comments, such as the one above.. is allowed, even after I complain(I haven't), I could sue him for defaming me on here.

A lot of people out there don't realize how serious these vulgar comments can be, all depends on what somebody wants to make out of it. Just sayin. 8)
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Uhh...what? Hahahahaha......wow.....thanks Port, I needed that laugh today. LOL
Blades

Post by Blades »

Oh for pete's sake, why am I being dragged into this conversation? There is nothing in this topic in which I have felt the need to make comment. If the admin of the entire site is fine with how the conversation is going, then Port needs to it up with him -- preferably in PM.

Quite frankly, hockey has been over from my perspective for months. I've moved on to other sports that take place in the spring/summer.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Agreed Blades, hockey is over, which is the only reason I've allowed this thread to skew as it has.
Still....funny stuff though. LOL
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Administrator wrote:Uhh...what? Hahahahaha......wow.....thanks Port, I needed that laugh today. LOL
I'm just saying that it could be done, I have a thick enough skin so nobody will be seeing me pull that.

However, look at what's happened to several "twitter" users over the last couple of months. Some vulgar comments were made
about some people, including the daughter of a former All-Star pitcher who pitched for the Red Sox. The former great(Curt.S) sued the people that made the comments. A few other high profile people have done the same recently.

Enjoy your laugh, but remember, at the end of the day somebody is always liable for the things said on the internet...Who that person is normally depends on who gave the defendant the opportunity to post said comments. I believe that's you in this case. :D

I refuse to reply to the troll that posted the vulgar comment, he's all over the papers trolling there too. Not banning him kind of amuses me. He's not even talking hockey, just insulting in most posts. But here he still is. :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blades wrote:Oh for pete's sake, why am I being dragged into this conversation? There is nothing in this topic in which I have felt the need to make comment. If the admin of the entire site is fine with how the conversation is going, then Port needs to it up with him -- preferably in PM.

Quite frankly, hockey has been over from my perspective for months. I've moved on to other sports that take place in the spring/summer.
You've attempted to scold me on this forum twice in the past. If Admin had a problem in those instances he would've chimed in. But he didn't and you did. :oops:

Kind of hypocritical, no? :wink:
GojhlFan74

Post by GojhlFan74 »

I feel like Admin and blades are both rocket girl..
Blades

Post by Blades »

GojhlFan74 wrote:I feel like Admin and blades are both rocket girl..
Nope, we are three different people from three different cities :lol:
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

First off Port, your ludicrous rant is still making me laugh. Catholic priests have sexually abused children, that's a fact. You're right about one thing, it is VULGAR and despicable, but illegal to say it? LOL...again. I can have an opinion on anything I want, even say what I think of ANYONE and NOTHING can be done about it, despite your misinformed rants.

As stated previously, hockey is over, hence this thread has skewed and I've gone along with it, particularity because your responses genuinely amuse me.

Blades is a forum moderator and Administrator and as such was, and is doing her job. Where exactly is the hypocrisy here? You seriously need to stop dragging her into this banter, it's not her thing and she really has ZERO to do with it.

Don't like this forum or feel like you're being mistreated, then remove your account and I'll refund your money. Oh wait......
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Neither of those are my 2nd profile, so guess again.

Admin, you should seriously look into being able to put 'Like' buttons on posts!
:D
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

RocketGirl wrote:

Admin, you should seriously look into being able to put 'Like' buttons on posts!
I actually did look into that a couple of months ago....it was convoluted and then I didn't have time to revisit it. Perhaps I'll try again soon. :). Thanks for the suggestion. (Being nice to you so Port will have something to gnaw on) Lol.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Administrator wrote:
Blades is a forum moderator and Administrator and as such was, and is doing her job. Where exactly is the hypocrisy here? You seriously need to stop dragging her into this banter, it's not her thing and she really has ZERO to do with it.

Don't like this forum or feel like you're being mistreated, then remove your account and I'll refund your money. Oh wait......
Blades has scolded me publicly on this forum twice before. Then I'm told if I want to do the same to somebody, I'm to take it to the pm's. You don't see the hypocrisy there? Sorry, Blades is a grownup and needs to take her beefs with me to the PM's as well in the future. :roll:

As for you being able to say whatever you want, law must not be one of your strong points, many people have been dragged through the courts for having that attitude. Amazing how fast most want to apologize & settle as soon as they're identified though. :wink:

And that vulgar comment...It was said that I share Catholic priests obsession with teenage boys....I guess if he called you a perverted child molester, you'd be fine with that. :lol:

BTW: The illegal part would be if I complained about the vulgar post that was directed at me, and you did nothing. Since I haven't filed a complaint, no harm. This is your site, you're responsible for cyber-bullying, harassment ext on here. :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Administrator wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:

(Being nice to you so Port will have something to gnaw on) Lol.
Is that inciting? Something you asked me to stop doing how long ago? Too much, you bipolar or something? :lol: 8) :P
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Administrator wrote:

Blades has scolded me publicly on this forum twice before. Then I'm told if I want to do the same to somebody, I'm to take it to the pm's. You don't see the hypocrisy there? Sorry, Blades is a grownup and needs to take her beefs with me to the PM's as well in the future. :roll:

As for you being able to say whatever you want, law must not be one of your strong points, many people have been dragged through the courts for having that attitude. Amazing how fast most want to apologize & settle as soon as they're identified though. :wink:

And that vulgar comment...It was said that I share Catholic priests obsession with teenage boys....I guess if he called you a perverted child molester, you'd be fine with that. :lol:

BTW: The illegal part would be if I complained about the vulgar post that was directed at me, and you did nothing. Since I haven't filed a complaint, no harm. This is your site, you're responsible for cyber-bullying, harassment ext on here. :)
Wow, where do I even begin Port.
First off, welcome to MY forum. If I decide to be a hypocrite, well......again, as Rocketgirl put it, it's my forum. No one has forced you here and no one made you sign up. There is nothing in the forum agreement that says you have to like the admin or his actions.
This forum is provided, by me, for free. I normally try to be fair and stay away from battles like this, but, like I said, hockey is over, I'm bored and you're my current entertainment.

The law, misinformation, Port Hockey. (Make your own sentence with that, there are too many possibilities.) I am NOT legally responsible for cyber-bullying or harassment on here. What kills me is, you're on here, which means you must have access to Google, which has a PLETHORA of information for you to scan through. Please do not read laws and then try to interpret or skew them to fit your agenda. It's insulting not only to us, but to you as well. It doesn't make one view you as a reasonably intelligent person, not that such is true now.

As for the "vulgar" comment, the quote is as follows; "Either that or we don't share the same obsession with teenage boys that you and Catholic Priests seem to share."
I don't see where it was said that you DO share a Catholic priests obsession with teenage boys. Wording. Nonetheless, even if it was said directly that you do, there is NOTHING you can do about it and there is NOTHING I would legally have to deal with. Seriously, google.
On a moral ground, I would probably remove it because.....well....I'm cool like that and I normally like to keep this forum interesting, sometimes debates make for interesting reading. People take digs at each other etc....but when it gets out of hand I'm usually on it or just remove it. Do people think they're being treated unfairly or that something they said should not have been removed when someone else said the same thing only with different words? Yes, I get that all the time. I know children who do the same thing. So I do what I can.

In summation, I have come to the conclusion and opinion that you are indeed, not very intelligent. (OMG, quick, get your lawyer).

Love, as always,

Admin
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Private message to me from Port. (LOL)

circus

Sent: Thu May 28, 2015 12:51 pm
Recipient: Administrator
Admin, you've been a real DH lately, might I ask what is up your...ahem, never mind.

Anyways, the comment made by goalie34 was disgusting, for you to laugh at him calling me a pedophile...That's just unbelievable.

You run your forum however you want to, but when I get idiotic replies from people, I'll defend myself. RG & flyers seem to have credit cards to say as they please on here. I mean, I never see a public post slamming them?

Anyways, you want to play favorites and run your forum into the ground, that's your business. I will not be dictated to though, when I'm called out, when I have a opinion, I will post!

I will end this by saying after what was said on that thread, I have zero respect for you Ken, a first class Richard all the way buddy. :|
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Administrator wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Administrator wrote:

Wow, where do I even begin Port.
First off, welcome to MY forum. If I decide to be a hypocrite, well......again, as Rocketgirl put it, it's my forum. No one has forced you here and no one made you sign up. There is nothing in the forum agreement that says you have to like the admin or his actions.
This forum is provided, by me, for free. I normally try to be fair and stay away from battles like this, but, like I said, hockey is over, I'm bored and you're my current entertainment.

The law, misinformation, Port Hockey. (Make your own sentence with that, there are too many possibilities.) I am NOT legally responsible for cyber-bullying or harassment on here. What kills me is, you're on here, which means you must have access to Google, which has a PLETHORA of information for you to scan through. Please do not read laws and then try to interpret or skew them to fit your agenda. It's insulting not only to us, but to you as well. It doesn't make one view you as a reasonably intelligent person, not that such is true now.

As for the "vulgar" comment, the quote is as follows; "Either that or we don't share the same obsession with teenage boys that you and Catholic Priests seem to share."
I don't see where it was said that you DO share a Catholic priests obsession with teenage boys. Wording. Nonetheless, even if it was said directly that you do, there is NOTHING you can do about it and there is NOTHING I would legally have to deal with. Seriously, google.
On a moral ground, I would probably remove it because.....well....I'm cool like that and I normally like to keep this forum interesting, sometimes debates make for interesting reading. People take digs at each other etc....but when it gets out of hand I'm usually on it or just remove it. Do people think they're being treated unfairly or that something they said should not have been removed when someone else said the same thing only with different words? Yes, I get that all the time. I know children who do the same thing. So I do what I can.

In summation, I have come to the conclusion and opinion that you are indeed, not very intelligent. (OMG, quick, get your lawyer).

Love, as always,

Admin
The last part of your post...It tells me several things Admin. First, you live for hockey season and don't have any other hobbies for the off-season. Second, I have come to the conclusion that you're a lonely individual, just by your interest level
of this topic. Third, you have a superiority complex when it comes to anything to do with the law.

As for your shot at my intelligence, Grammar & math aren't my thing. Due to that, and the fact that my posts "amuse" you, you say I'm not very intelligent.

Just remember Admin, it's people like "me" who spit on your plate in the kitchens at restaurants, it's those that supposedly lack intelligence servicing your car, think your better than people eh, remember that next time you stick your nose up at the guy making your food, Bahahaha! :lol: :D
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Administrator wrote:Private message to me from Port. (LOL)

circus

Sent: Thu May 28, 2015 12:51 pm
Recipient: Administrator
Admin, you've been a real DH lately, might I ask what is up your...ahem, never mind.

Anyways, the comment made by goalie34 was disgusting, for you to laugh at him calling me a pedophile...That's just unbelievable.

You run your forum however you want to, but when I get idiotic replies from people, I'll defend myself. RG & flyers seem to have credit cards to say as they please on here. I mean, I never see a public post slamming them?

Anyways, you want to play favorites and run your forum into the ground, that's your business. I will not be dictated to though, when I'm called out, when I have a opinion, I will post!

I will end this by saying after what was said on that thread, I have zero respect for you Ken, a first class Richard all the way buddy. :|
Oh now we're free to share the pm's we receive. You're a Richard, called it perfect.

You posted that message for one reason. You thought it would incite flyers2011 and me to argue. Nice fail Kenny. It's easy to see that I was pointing out some of his posts as an example. I enjoy the way his replies to RG very much, just noticed he doesn't get public messages from Blades about it on here, hence my point.

Maybe you should go to the bar and make some friends...Or just stay home and play on your forum "king Ken". :lol: :smt006
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Port hockey1 wrote: The last part of your post...It tells me several things Admin. First, you live for hockey season and don't have any other hobbies for the off-season. Second, I have come to the conclusion that you're a lonely individual, just by your interest level
of this topic. Third, you have a superiority complex when it comes to anything to do with the law.
Alright, let me help you out. I have many hobbies, and little time for them. Almost all of my responses came to you from my office, it's been a slow week. LOL
Lonely? Sometimes I long for it, but I am married, 3 children, one hitting university, it's busy.

What an odd statement, I told you to google the law and that makes me someone with a superiority complex?
Port hockey1 wrote:As for your shot at my intelligence, Grammar & math aren't my thing. Due to that, and the fact that my posts "amuse" you, you say I'm not very intelligent.
What an odd assumption here, did I once mention your grammar? Math skills? Where does this come from?
Port hockey1 wrote:Just remember Admin, it's people like "me" who spit on your plate in the kitchens at restaurants, it's those that supposedly lack intelligence servicing your car, think your better than people eh, remember that next time you stick your nose up at the guy making your food, Bahahaha! :lol: :D
What does your job/profession have to do with your intelligence? I don't stick my nose up at anyone. I would shovel sh** if I had to in order to pay my bills. My wife has a bachelors degree and works in a call centre....but I digress.
I was going to delete this entire exchange earlier but held on and moved it instead. Now, given your response above, I think you have an inferiority complex.