Caledonia ties series

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Caledonia ties series

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Corvairs came back for a 6-4 win tonight, knotting up the best of seven Sutherland Cup final at 1-1.

On a side note, the Caledonia bus was egged in LaSalle, stay classy. :smt023 :smt009
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Re: Caledonia ties series

Post by Marcie »

I recall when the Aylmer Aces fans smashed the headlights of the Rocket fan bus. They were likely thinking it was the team bus but got the fan bus instead. Good thing the Corvairs just got eggs. Those fans were stranded in Aylmer for a while. Tough looking for a new pair of bus headlights late at night.
DMighton

Post by DMighton »

As per Caledonia's twitter:

A lot of buzz going around about the Egging of our bus last night in Lasalle. The @lasallevipers had nothing to do with it, GM came over and apologized on the teams behalf, they are truly a First class organization. Just was a random groups of kids not even at the game. We would like to remind our fans, the game is played on the ice! We love your passion, but please retaliation is not needed!

---

Anyways... I was at the game and didn't even know it happened... it sucks... but I find LaSalle fans pretty tame compared to some things I've seen.
DMighton

Post by DMighton »

In 1999, I was a goalie for the Mount Forest Patriots of the Western Jr. C League and our bus's front window was smashed by Wiarton Wolves fans after a game in around late October... they threw a beer bottle at it after heckling us and surrounding the bus after a game.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Good to see Caledonia has taken the high road. Very classy of LaSalle's GM to apologize. I wasn't blaming the LaSalle team or fans, my comment was to whoever tossed the eggs, probably just teens. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102