Flyers arena an advantage

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Flyers arena an advantage

Post by Port hockey1 »

Nice scoreboard, huge ice rink. Watching the game on that huge ice was awesome.

I'm thinking this series will go 7 games. After seeing how good the Flyers played in their rink, if they win one in Caledonia...Could be interesting.

Full credit to the Flyers, didn't know they were that sound of a team. Amazing coach to have them playing the way they were. Looked like two pro teams, rarely see a kid out of position.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RecKing

Re: Flyers arena an advantage

Post by RecKing »

The Heinz Arena in Leamington is Olympic size - 200 ft. in length by 100 ft. wide; many of the newer rinks are NHL size 200 by 90. So that extra 10 ft. in width can to be a huge difference. Kudos to both teams for a great performance on that massive ice surface.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Not just cause I am a flyers supporter but the Heinz Arena is one of the nicest arena's ive been in at the Junior b/c level. Not a bad seat in the house. Great rink
End of a era in Leamington
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

flyers2011 wrote:Not just cause I am a flyers supporter but the Heinz Arena is one of the nicest arena's ive been in at the Junior b/c level. Not a bad seat in the house. Great rink
I couldn't agree more.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Let's don't forget those bacon cheeseburgers! That's practically the entire conversation all the way up on those bus trips.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

sooooooooooo good lol
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

After hearing Soarsy rave about these bacon cheeseburgers on the radio, I had to try them and honestly, they weren't anything special to write home about. I found both the bacon and the burger overcooked. So did my Dad.

Now the burgers at the WMMA. Mmmmmmmm. My favourite was the Donna Burger, which is no longer available.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I don't think theres too many things better at the WMMA lol. Probably a top 3 in the worst Arena's ive been in to watch a game. and RG your the first person ive heard that doesn't like the bacon cheeseburgs there lol
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

My Dad didn't particularly enjoy them either. So now that's 2.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

well I am sure your brother didn't enjoy them either so that will be 3. I'll still take my Heinz Arena over anything the WMMA has to offer.