Caledonia grabs 2-1 series lead

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Caledonia grabs 2-1 series lead

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia won 3-0, good back and forth game. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Caledonia Fan

Re: Caledonia grabs 2-1 series lead

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia game 3 winner, not a very exciting game, not like the game in Leamington.
A good game from Kevin Entmaa, but not a good game from Caledonia or Leamington .
I was surprise to see how many shots on net. It didn't seem like that many.
Leamington had there chances to make a game of it . They had the last 3 pp, even pulled their goalie on the last pp but couldn't score.
Tyler Lepore and Justin Abraham were scratches. Jacob Buch and Jacob Bianchi played.
I'm glad Caledonia won maybe I should give them more credit, there PK was good but the night belong to Kevin Entmaa.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
Tyler Lepore and Justin Abraham were scratches. Jacob Buch and Jacob Bianchi played.
I'm glad Caledonia won maybe I should give them more credit, there PK was good but the night belong to Kevin Entmaa.
Any word on why they didn't play?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Caledonia Fan, my wife and I were also at the game and viewed it the same as you reported.
I was expecting a high energy performance from both teams but what it turned out to be was
a goalie clinic put on by Kevin Entmaa. Was also disappointed by the turn out. I expected a
larger crowd considering the importance of this game.
IMO, even Stevie Wonder won't have considered this a good back and forth game.
:o :o
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The play was pretty even, both teams had a few good chances, IMO.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

First goal was a mistake by a defenceman who makes a lot of mistakes and couldn't get the puck out, 2nd goal was an awful line change by Leamington I thought. Pretty even game but the Flyers power play or lack of was the difference. Good penalty killing by Caledonia.
End of a era in Leamington
hockeyfan65

Post by hockeyfan65 »

You forgot the third goal was also a week one. I was sitting very close from where the shot was taken from. Looked like the goalie didn't expect it or just let his guard down for a second.
The pucks just didn't sit for the flyers on this night. I saw at least 3 open net shots that they just couldn't get control of. One was wide and 2 over the net.
Most of the game both teams looked to be slow and sluggish.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Agreed. Wheaton should of definatley had the third goal. But hard to blame the tender when you cant score. Perhaps changing things up on defence and not putting out your weakest link as much might help prevent some goals.
End of a era in Leamington