A Great Hockey Game

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

A Great Hockey Game

Post by Caledonia Fan »

WE made the 3 hr drive to Leamington Sunday for the game. Almost got a speeding ticket by Chatham. Leamington has a beautiful arena a lot like Fort Erie. Good burger + fries , cold beer and a great game. Leamington team is build for there big ice they didn't look comfortable in Caledonia. Same with the Corvairs they didn't look comfortable with the big ice they got a little better has the game went on. You can really stretch the play and Leamington of course are really good at this.
I see the west has the same problems with inconsistent refereeing as the rest of the league.Some Leamington fans where telling us that Campbell and Provost are two of the worst. Provost can't even skate had a good laugh watching him try to skate backwards.This refereeing made the game frustrating to watch and play for both teams and fans.
Leamington won the game and deserve the win they out played Caledonia in the 2nd and 3rd overtimes. Entmaa kept Calendonia in the game. But Caledonia had there chances a PP around the 16:00 mark in the 3rd period.The first overtime on the PP Delaurentis hit the corner of the post and crossbar.
This game was a lot like a Caledonia, St Catharines game.It's alsways a great game and half the show is watching Frank Girhiny and Mike Bullard.
But this time Bullard went to far. I never saw the incidents as soon as Leamington scored we left. But you could see it coming and the Corvairs and refs sharing the same hallway. Theirs know place for this in the game.And it was a great game those young men played there hearts out.It's to bad something like this spoiled it. Bullard is lucky he only got 3 games. But look at it this way Leamington fans you get to watch Bullard again Sunday afternoon in Leamington.But lets remember it's about the young men out on the ice not the coaches or referees.It was a great game.
Last edited by Caledonia Fan on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Port hockey1

Re: A Great Hockey Game

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:WE made the 3 hr drive to Leamington Sunday for the game. Almost got a speeding ticket by Chatham. Leamington has a beautiful arena a lot like Fort Erie. Good burger + fries , cold beer and a great game. Leamington team is build for there big ice they didn't look comfortable in Caledonia. Same with the Corvairs they didn't look comfortable with the big ice they got a little better has the game went on. You can really stretch the play and Leamington of course are really good at this.
I see the west has the same problems with inconsistent refereeing as the rest of the league.Some Leamington fans where telling us that Campbell and Provost are two of the worst. Provost can't even skate had a good laugh watching him try to skate backwards.This refereeing made the game frustrating to watch and play for both teams and fans.
Leamington won the game and deserve the win they out played Caledonia in the 2nd and 3rd overtimes. Entmaa kept Calendonia in the game. But Caledonia had there chances a PP around the 16:00 mark in the 3rd period.The first overtime on the PP Delaurentis hit the corner of the post and crossbar.
This game was a lot like a Caledonia, St Catharines game.It's alsways a great game and half the show is watching Frank Girhiny and the Mike Bullard.
But this time Bullard went to far. I never saw the incidents as soon as Leamington scored we left. But you could see it coming and the Corvairs and refs sharing the same hallway. Theirs know place for this in the game.And it was a great game those young men played there hearts out.It's to bad something like this spoiled it. Bullard is lucky he only got 3 games. But look at it this way Leamington fans you get to watch Bullard again Sunday afternoon in Leamington.But lets remember it's about the young men out on the ice not the coaches or referees.It was a great game.
Great post! :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102