Flyers even series up

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

goalie34

Re: Flyers even series up

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
flyers2011 wrote:What a game, one of the best games ive seen in recent memory, great goaltending by both teams. Flyers showed tonight they can skate with Caledonia. Tuesday night should be great.
Flyers have a really good team. I thought they were in control for most of OT. Entmaa was beyond amazing, thinking the Flyers have a huge advantage at home, if they can win a game on the road...They have a chance to win this series.

As for the slur, any word on what he said? Going off the handle has always been a tactic of his. But throwing the water bottle, the slur...Can't defend that. :smt009
Going off the handle is a "tactic", but not praising your opponent in the newspaper is just horrible, low class and despicable???

Wow you're coming unglued as much as poor Mikey is.... :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blades wrote:Oh for crying out loud. This is getting childish and ridiculous and I for one am really REALLY weary of it.

Zant usually turns up in our forum here once we get to the round robin for the Suthie. Yeah, Zant sometimes says things I'm not too thrilled to read but hey! it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. More often than not, I read what he says and then laugh it off. At least they are passionate about their team. Is he a pain? Sometimes but he seldom goes over the line in his comments.

Port -- you are entitled to your opinions but you need to realize that others are just entitled to their's. You don't agree with them, fine, I get it. I haven't always agreed with some of our "older" posters from back in the day, including RG, but it was understood that if you don't want to be called names or called out for your opinions, then don't post them. I see no need for you take exception to every.single.post that "bothers" you and begin an argument. Most of the time when there is an argument, it seems like you are beginning it. I would suggest you do like many of us -- grow some thicker skin. If you can't/won't take that advice, then I suggest you take some of your more "spirited conversations" to PM and let the rest of us read about hockey. Please.
Hey, Zant has only posted about me and taken jabs since the Vairs won. He started with the trash talk last season when they protested a game due to the Falcons cheating.

I'm not going to bicker with you about this, but...Did I start this up??? No, a new poster took a swipe at me, zant has been doing the same since the Falcons lost.

IMO, zant is creating a sideshow and he could care less what the mods say. Maybe tell those who come on here for the reason to pick me apart to take it to the pm's.

My skin is plenty thick, as you said, I am entitled to my opinions too. If you seriously want this garbage to stop...I suggest telling zant to stick to hockey.

You really can't expect someone to read these personal insults and not toss a few back.

With respect, Port hockey1(Mike)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Western Conference fans, do you guys have a coach out there that even comes close to this character antics?
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

We did till Chatham canned Mark Davis. Looks like his travelling road show will be touching down in Sarnia next season. Hopefully he will be a little wiser. He is a great coach. He could be a phenomeal one if he dropped all the theatrics.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Mark Davis comes no where near the Calendonia coach with his antics on the bench. I cant believe I am saying this but Davis has more class then Bullard when it comes to that stuff. In my opinion Bowler is the most atimated coach in the west.
End of a era in Leamington
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Windsor Star

OHA suspensions

Caledonia Corvairs head coach Mike Bullard has been suspended by the Ontario Hockey Association for three games for his actions in Sunday’s 4-3 triple overtime loss to the Leamington Flyers.

Bullard, who played parts of 11 seasons in the NHL, was given a gross misconduct (travesty of the game) and game misconduct (abuse of officials) after Flyers captain Mithcell Amante scored the game-winning goal at 5:16 of the third overtime. Amante’s goal came on a power play as a result of a tripping call to Caledonia goalie Kevin Entmaa 31 seconds earlier.

Leamington’s win evened the best-of-seven Sutherland Cup semifinal series at 1-1. Game 3 is Tuesday in Caledonia at 7:30 p.m. where Bullard will begin serving his suspension.

Corvairs defenceman Todd Ratchford will also miss Tuesday’s game as he sits out the second game of a two-game suspension for abuse of officials in the series opener after his actions after picking up a slashing minor penalty.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Windsor Star

OHA suspensions

Corvairs defenceman Todd Ratchford will also miss Tuesday’s game as he sits out the second game of a two-game suspension for abuse of officials in the series opener after his actions after picking up a slashing minor penalty.
That call...I don't know what he said, but Bolibruck just lost it and slammed his hands on his hips right after the whistle. Bolibruck is known for making sarcastic comments to get players going, he then loses his mind when they question him.

I don't know what was said to him...But over the years I've personally heard him chirp players with a smirk on his face. I've also seen him lose his mind after a player puts his hands up and asks why the call was made.

When I saw it happen, it reminded me of that stuff, guessing he and Ratchford have had words throughout the past couple of years...By making the calls he made, automatic 2 game suspension.

I know this goes on in the other divisions too and that other refs in the league are biased...But I've never seen a ref as cocky as Bolibruck when dealing with the players.

If we have any former players reading this, feel free to chime in with a alias and give some feedback. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Port hockey1 wrote:
That call...I don't know what he said, but Bolibruck just lost it and slammed his hands on his hips right after the whistle.
You see that is the problem when you sit at home and follow the game on your computer. You can't see what really happened. Bolibruck called a justifiable penalty on Ratchford who just wouldn't shut up all the way to the penalty box until Bolibruck had enough and finally tossed him. Bolibruck lost it because Ratchford is a Bushleaguer (just like his coach) who has no respect for the officials in the game. Too bad he couldn't keep his mouth shut instead of making a spectacle of himself. Just another prime example of how the Bushleaguers operate.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
That call...I don't know what he said, but Bolibruck just lost it and slammed his hands on his hips right after the whistle.
You see that is the problem when you sit at home and follow the game on your computer. You can't see what really happened. Bolibruck called a justifiable penalty on Ratchford who just wouldn't shut up all the way to the penalty box until Bolibruck had enough and finally tossed him.

Bolibruck lost it because Ratchford is a Bushleaguer (just like his coach) who has no respect for the officials in the game. Too bad he couldn't keep his mouth shut instead of making a spectacle of himself. Just another prime example of how the Bushleaguers operate.
:lol: :lol: I saw the game live on youtube. The call was made by the corner, he slammed his hands on his hips as soon as Ratchford looked at him. He obviously said something...But as I said, I've seen Boli lose his temper a lot over a question. You can hear a lot in the old, small West Side arena.

Ratchford skated the length of the ice after the calls were made without having a tantrum, he opened the gate and calmly went to the room. You see zant, I did see the play, and Ratchford didn't even go to the box, he was ejected in the corner right after the whistle. :oops:

As for your bushleague ramblings, you sound like a child that just can't let it go. The Falcons screwed up, it cost them first place, time to move on. :smt006