LaSalle wins, secures wildcard berth

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

LaSalle wins, secures wildcard berth

Post by Port hockey1 »

2-0 LaSalle after the first. :smt003

Battisti looks like a fish out of water when the pressure's on. Makes me nervous.

3-1 after the 2nd. Flyers looked like the better team out there by a wide margin at times. The Flyers, I notice like to use their sticks, mostly when trapped in their own zone. I've noticed the same with LaSalle...but it doesn't seem like they do it as much.

Flyers narrowed the score to 2-1 with a PP goal. LaSalle went on the Power Play with just over two minutes to go in the period for a slash to Battisti's blocker as the play was blown dead...Ref was just in the perfect spot to spot it.

Flyers then go down by two men several seconds later after a needless crosscheck to a LaSalle player, right into the Flyers goalie.

LaSalle looked terrible with the two-man advantage. Gave the puck away several times, the Flyers even had a breakaway...LaSalle managed to put one home just before the last penalty ended to make it 3-1.

Flyers are playing with a lot more determination than LaSalle, although LaSalle did turn things up after restoring the 2 goal lead. Amante is the kind of player you hate to face, but would love to have on your team.

Shaky start to the 3rd for LaSalle, needless cross-check a minute into the period to give the Flyers the man-advantage. After killing off their second straight penalty, LaSalle has scored and now leads 4-1 with 11 minutes to go.

Flyers had a golden opportunity with just under 6 minutes to go, as they had a two-man advantage for almost two minutes.
They put the goalie on the bench and pressed...But then, a ill-timed spear from Amante with just under half a minute left on the PP ended the Flyers hopes of a comeback. Too make matters worse it was a 4-minute spearing penalty. Just under a minute later a Flyer was directed into Battisti on a scoring chance, he went down holding his head, rolling around in pain. He was down for a few minutes but stayed in the game.(might have been acting) LaSalle scored from beside the empty-net with 1:49 left in the game.

With the 5-1 win, LaSalle has secured the wildcard and eliminated the St.Catharines Falcons. Only thing left to decide is the Western Conference playoff Championship. Hoping the Flyers end it in 6 games.

Note: This was a period by period update.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Re: LaSalle wins, secures wildcard berth

Post by flyers2011 »

well deserved win by lasalle, disgusted with the Leamington effort tonight.
End of a era in Leamington
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

I know La Salle won tonight but I though they had two win two games still behind in the percentage.
10 5 0 20 .667 Falcons 9 3 3 pct 700
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

three dog night wrote:I know La Salle won tonight but I though they had two win two games still behind in the percentage.
10 5 0 20 .667 Falcons 9 3 3 pct 700
As Zant has explained, OT losses are just losses in the playoffs, so no gained winning percent on a OT loss.

Pointstreak is very unreliable in a few ways. For starters, they always count 10-minute misconducts in the Power Play stats...So a lot of the time when it says 0-10 ext, on the PP, you have to do the math and minus the misconducts.

Same situation here, they're keeping track of the standings like it's the regular season. They should be only showing wins & losses straight up. By not doing it properly, it screws up the winning percentages and they aren't accurate at all.

Pretty pathetic when you consider pointstreak is paid well by the league.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102