Stomping Incident Corvairs

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Stomping Incident Corvairs

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I saw this in the St Catharine Standard in the reader's comments.
An interesting debate about it.
For the people who haven't seen.
Search - "Stomping Incident Corvairs Player Steps On Falcons Player" on youtube
Read the news story," Corvairs Grab 3-1 series lead and the reader's comments
zantimisfit

Re: Stomping Incident Corvairs

Post by zantimisfit »

Caledonia Fan wrote: An interesting debate about it.
There is NO debate about it. It's so "obvious", Mr. Obvious. A bushleague deliberate attempt to injure an opponent by the Caledonia Bushleaguers.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Mitch Purdie, what were you thinking or did you stop thinking for that brief moment. I can't believe you would purposely try and injure another player by stomping on his leg with your skate while the player was still on his knees.

But even worse than that is the fact that the boneheads in the OHA office in Cambridge, whom reviewed the video, did nothing and took no action against the offending player or team to try and discourage this type of behavior and try to protect the young men that play under the OHA Banner.

It's just too bad we don't have a person like David Branch in the OHA Office. Someone who would not be afraid to do the right thing, no matter if is was politically correct or not.

No wonder that the Major Jr's left the OHA and formed the OHL years ago. :smt117
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
There is NO debate about it. It's so "obvious", Mr. Obvious. A bushleague deliberate attempt to injure an opponent by the Caledonia Bushleaguers.
Here goes the forum dolt again. Yes it was a deliberate attempt to injure. Just like last year when one of your Falcons dished out a violent high-stick that almost blinded a Corvair for life!

But that wasn't bushleague...Only in your world.

Just like your coach, so-called best team in the Province, yeah...They did finish first in the Province and win it all last year.

And how he says they should be blowing the Falcons out, even though they played close games in the season.

Bushleague is not following rules, you know like the one that cost you guys first place last season... :oops: :lol: :lol:

I love how you call everyone names on here when you feel you're right...Then ignore anything negative involving your Falcons.

Look out zant, the real Champs are in town. :lol: 8)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Just pathetic, yet not surprising.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

If this kids not out for the rest of the year the leagues a joke and it's being run by clowns because you can't take somethinlike this lightly. No place in the game for this. This kid should be ashamed and so should his parents. Classless act. Too bad because caledionia as a whole is such a great organization and this year they have another powerhouse team but after watching this I hope the falcons somehow pull out the Upset. Sadly unlikely though
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Here goes the forum dolt again.
Lol....I couldn't steal that title from you if I tried and tried and tried. You prove it everytime you post on here. Like they have told you (Mike Smith) in the Standard's readers comments.....you have serious mental problems.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Here goes the forum dolt again.
Lol....I couldn't steal that title from you if I tried and tried and tried. You prove it everytime you post on here. Like they have told you (Mike Smith) in the Standard's readers comments.....you have serious mental problems.
Whatever you say Zant, at least I can post with my first name on the paper, not my real last name for obvious reasons...All we know you as is zant...a little mole like creature.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

There was a interesting take on the Standard's comment section.

The person says its almost like he's watching a different video than the person saying Purdie stomped on Felker's leg. He says, if you watch it in slow motion you can see Purdie lift his leg and put it on the back of Felkers leg as leverage to skate away.

Two things were mentioned to support this:

1. Felker didn't even look back or acknowledge that his leg had been...
allegedly stomped on
Had he been stomped on, there would've been pain to some degree.

2. Video was sent in to the league and no punishment was issued.

It was also said that you can see Felker get up and skate away fine at the end of the video. This person said it was still a cheap-shot, but was hardly a stomp on the leg...He said it was being made into something it wasn't.

The comment was posted by a Falcon booster, so....

I also find it funny how everyone clams up when the cheap-shot high-sticking incident, that involved a Falcon and nearly blinded a Corvair for life in last years playoffs is mentioned.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:I saw this in the St Catharine Standard in the reader's comments.
An interesting debate about it.
For the people who haven't seen.
Search - "Stomping Incident Corvairs Player Steps On Falcons Player" on youtube
Read the news story," Corvairs Grab 3-1 series lead and the reader's comments

See the Stomp or step thread:

Several comments from different people, including a Falcons fan that saw the opposite as you. :oops: :smt117
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Port hockey1 wrote:

I also find it funny how everyone clams up when the cheap-shot high-sticking incident, that involved a Falcon and nearly blinded a Corvair for life in last years playoffs is mentioned.
Why are you trying to make things up? No Falcon "nearly blinded a Corvair for life". I went to every game in both series and there was "no blinding incident". You see, that is what happens when you don't attend any games and follow them instead on pointstreak. You start to picture things in your twisted little mind and then post them out as facts. Try digging a little deeper Sherlock and maybe you can come up with some names instead of "a Falcon" and "a Corvair". Delusional is just a part of your mental problems.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Why are you trying to make things up? No Falcon "nearly blinded a Corvair for life". I went to every game in both series and there was "no blinding incident". You see, that is what happens when you don't attend any games and follow them instead on pointstreak. You start to picture things in your twisted little mind and then post them out as facts. Try digging a little deeper Sherlock and maybe you can come up with some names instead of "a Falcon" and "a Corvair". Delusional is just a part of your mental problems.
Sure, still a "Falcon"...But I believe it was Quilty of the Corvairs. He was seeing dots after taking the stick to the eye and was nearly blinded.

So are you saying it didn't happen now?
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Port hockey1 wrote:
I believe it was Quilty of the Corvairs. He was seeing dots after taking the stick to the eye and was nearly blinded.

Oh ya, now I remember it well. I think the headlines in the "Caledonia Gazette" said "Blind Player Quilty Scores Goal For Corvairs In Sutherland Cup Playoffs".
BeenThereDoneThat

Hey Zantimisfit, remember when dealing with Mikey---sometimes the door opens and nobody comes in. :smt119
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Tue.Apr 1 2014 playoffs against St Catharines in a wild second period .
Matt Quilty took a high stick in the eye no call and hell broke out.
He missed the rest of the playoffs except game 6 and 7 of the finales.
Matt was the captain of the Corvairs and played for Brantford when they lost to St Catharines for the Sutherland Cup.
So what does Matt do, he comes back and in game 7 scored the winning goal for the Sutherland Cup.

And misit said he went to every game., The biggest story of the playoffs and zanti..............."MISIT"
hockeyfan65

Post by hockeyfan65 »

I think the point should be that yes he did "step" on his leg and push off. He did intend to do it as you can see on the video he looked down and then watched the ref and linesman turn away before he stepped on the other player.
As it was an act that could have caused an injury he should be out for a game or two.
The same can be said for the dumb move from the bench.
I think both teams should look at these two infractions and put a stop something before the players decide to take matters into there own hands.
BeenThereDoneThat

Hockeyfan65,
Absolutely correct on both violations. :smt006
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
And misit said he went to every game., The biggest story of the playoffs and zanti..............."MISIT"
Funny thing, I just went back and checked the 'Shoe forum we all used last year and under both threads, Falcons vs. Corvairs for the 'Shoe final and the other one for the Sutherland Cup final, there is no mention whatsoever of this "tragic" incident and "biggest story of the playoffs". Not from me, not from Port Hockey, not from any other poster, so I guess we all must have "missed it". :roll: I also notice there were no suspensions, no video reviews, no discussions, nada. You know it all makes for an interesting story, but I think the Bushleaguers wanted to over exaggerate this Quilty injury, sort of like when Bobby Baun scored the Stanley Cup winning goal with a broken leg!!!
three dog night

Post by three dog night »

The high stick was an accident on a follow thru on a shot no intention of injury.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

three dog night wrote:The high stick was an accident on a follow thru on a shot no intention of injury.
That should shut up Port hockey and Caledonia Fan for awhile.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Not looking very smart Zant. Now that the video has been broken down, now that we know why there was no suspension...

Let me guess, you were still correct in some sort of delusional way. :smt030 :smt031
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Hey Zantimisfit, remember when dealing with Mikey---sometimes the door opens and nobody comes in. :smt119
Hey, at least Mikey as you call me(I prefer Mike) comes on here to talk hockey. I guess you get off on just posting to get in on some personal jabs.

Well I guess when you're a Met's fan, not many happy days. :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Tue.Apr 1 2014 playoffs against St Catharines in a wild second period .
Matt was the captain of the Corvairs and played for Brantford when they lost to St Catharines for the Sutherland Cup.
So what does Matt do, he comes back and in game 7 scored the winning goal for the Sutherland Cup.

Yeah, Zant has what we call a Superiority complex, thinks he's always right, even when proven wrong. :smt081

I mean, first he says there was no incident last year involving a high-stick, he went to every game and that didn't happen...Then its, oh yeah, now I remember.(but it wasn't his Falcons fault) :roll:

And the harsh comments about the alleged "stomp" of Felker's leg... Then the video is broken down and he avoids that topic all together.

I'm sure he was still right somehow though, Zant is never wrong you know. :smt003 :smt009
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hockeyfan65 wrote:I think the point should be that yes he did "step" on his leg and push off. He did intend to do it as you can see on the video he looked down and then watched the ref and linesman turn away before he stepped on the other player.
As it was an act that could have caused an injury he should be out for a game or two.
The same can be said for the dumb move from the bench.
I think both teams should look at these two infractions and put a stop something before the players decide to take matters into there own hands.
Stepping and stomping are way different. By the way, the video was sent in and the league issued no punishment.

Stomping makes it sound like he tried to decapitate his leg. Stepping is still a very dirty move...But why make it look worse?

I agree with your point though.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Caledonia Fan wrote:
Funny thing, I just went back and checked the 'Shoe forum we all used last year and under both threads, Falcons vs. Corvairs for the 'Shoe final and the other one for the Sutherland Cup final, there is no mention whatsoever of this "tragic" incident and "biggest story of the playoffs". Not from me, not from Port Hockey, not from any other poster, so I guess we all must have "missed it". :roll: I also notice there were no suspensions, no video reviews, no discussions, nada. You know it all makes for an interesting story, but I think the Bushleaguers wanted to over exaggerate this Quilty injury, sort of like when Bobby Baun scored the Stanley Cup winning goal with a broken leg!!!
Again, the Falcons are the bushleaguers. They're the ones who dressed a extra import, that is cheating. They are the ones that sent in a video of their players leg being stepped on, lied and said it was stomped on.

Caledonia has followed all league rules, and will be back to back Sutherland Cup champions at seasons end. But you can say whatever makes you feel better. :lol: :lol:

And no the incident wasn't mentioned last year, doesn't mean it wasn't noticed.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
three dog night wrote:The high stick was an accident on a follow thru on a shot no intention of injury.
That should shut up Port hockey and Caledonia Fan for awhile.
Yeah, I'll ignore it like you ignored the "stomp" that didn't happen. :P
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Caledonia Fan wrote:Tue.Apr 1 2014 playoffs against St Catharines in a wild second period .

I never said it was a St Catharines player.I WAS JUST TRYING TO TELL A GOOD STORY ABOUT MATT QUILTY .
But all you want to do is fight.

That should shut up Port hockey and Caledonia Fan for awhile.[/quote] from zantimisit
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
If you were just trying to tell a good story about Quilty then why did you have to throw in this last line? If you want to play with the bull, you better be prepared to get the horn!!!
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

zantimisfit wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
I believe it was Quilty of the Corvairs. He was seeing dots after taking the stick to the eye and was nearly blinded.

Oh ya, now I remember it well. I think the headlines in the "Caledonia Gazette" said "Blind Player Quilty Scores Goal For Corvairs In Sutherland Cup Playoffs".
zantimisfit wrote

It was the biggest story of the playoffs.I can't help that it was missed on the shoe forum.
I was just trying to tell Matt Quiltys story.You act like it never happen.
All you want to do is argue.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:
I never said it was a St Catharines player.I WAS JUST TRYING TO TELL A GOOD STORY ABOUT MATT QUILTY .
But all you want to do is fight.

A great story, really miss that kid, was as clutch as they come. :)