Barrett leads Flyers to 3-1 series lead

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

Barrett leads Flyers to 3-1 series lead

Post by flyers2011 »

The Leamington Flyers moved to within 1 win of back to back Conference Championships with a 3-1 win in Lasalle. Difference in this game came down to goaltending. Michael Barrett continues to dominate, played very well in the Flyers net, couple soft goals by Battisti in Lasalle, sort of pulled a Patrick Roy trying to showboat on the one goal, puck popped out of his glove and the Flyers put it in the back of the net. Looks like if the flyers win tomorrow night they will face Caledonia and St Catharines would face Elmira. If Lasalle wins they get the wild card. Will be a jam packed place in Leamington tomorrow night GO FLYERS GO
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Re: Barrett leads Flyers to 3-1 series lead

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:The Leamington Flyers moved to within 1 win of back to back Conference Championships with a 3-1 win in Lasalle. Difference in this game came down to goaltending. Michael Barrett continues to dominate, played very well in the Flyers net, couple soft goals by Battisti in Lasalle, sort of pulled a Patrick Roy trying to showboat on the one goal, puck popped out of his glove and the Flyers put it in the back of the net. Looks like if the flyers win tomorrow night they will face Caledonia and St Catharines would face Elmira. If Lasalle wins they get the wild card. Will be a jam packed place in Leamington tomorrow night GO FLYERS GO
Really hoping the Flyers think about this carefully. They know LaSalle, they know they can beat them. They don't know St.Catharines well, and they're a better team than LaSalle, hands down...

Think about it boys, makes perfect sense to toss the game, still get two more cracks at being playoff Conference Champs. :idea: :idea:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:, couple soft goals by Battisti in Lasalle, sort of pulled a Patrick Roy trying to showboat on the one goal, puck popped out of his glove and the Flyers put it in the back of the net.
Careful, he'll sick his bodyguard on you. :P :lol: 8)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Don't think it would matter Port, either way Leamington will get Caledonia next round and Lasalle or St Catharines would get Elmira. If the flyers win the series.
End of a era in Leamington