Interesting rumor

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Interesting rumor

Post by Port hockey1 »

I'm hearing Chatham forward Gus Ford might be headed to the Golden Horseshoe next season. This came from one person, and that person said it was something that was overheard.

The reason I take this so seriously is Ford is on his 3rd team now.(St.Thomas, Brantford & Chatham) No clue what team he'd play for...But my guess would be the Caledonia Corvairs or St.Catharines Falcons. Would be a devastating loss for Chatham.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
zantimisfit

Re: Interesting rumor

Post by zantimisfit »

Port hockey1 wrote:No clue what team he'd play for...But my guess would be the Caledonia Corvairs or St.Catharines Falcons.
If he wants money then nobody will pay him more than the Bushleaguers will, but if he wants to be part of a classier organization then he would choose St. Catharines. Unfortunately, monetary greed tends to win out most of the time.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Did you really think he was going to stay in Chatham? He's been with 5 teams the last 4 seasons.

Another rumour floating around that I've heard is that St. Thomas could have a new coach next season.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
insanity

Post by insanity »

can't blame him, I think Chatham is really going to be hurting next year...........plus there is the sideshow effect that can't be too appealing to attracting good players to come here
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I've heard rumours about a new coach in St. Thomas too. Personally I like Ron. His teams certainly have not under-achieved, if anything I feel he has exceeded expectations with the talent he has been given. He had a super young team this year. If he can keep that core around for next year, they could be difficult for any team to handle.
Northofusa19

Post by Northofusa19 »

Watched Ford play a few times . He's really good when it comes to teams with lower end chasing skills .Not sure how much of a savior he would be in the course of a year .Several times when things weren't going his way ,he would have a suck attack and made me think " I'm glad he's not on my team" . I noticed his ability to mesmerize his opponent into chasing the puck instead of the body has kept him as a decent player in this league .He does get a lot of points and seems to be consistent .Not a personal fan but I'm sure there are many ; he's flashy .
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:No clue what team he'd play for...But my guess would be the Caledonia Corvairs or St.Catharines Falcons.
If he wants money then nobody will pay him more than the Bushleaguers will, but if he wants to be part of a classier organization then he would choose St. Catharines. Unfortunately, monetary greed tends to win out most of the time.
I'd say he'd go where he'll have the best shot at a cup. :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Did you really think he was going to stay in Chatham? He's been with 5 teams the last 4 seasons.
Honestly, no holding back...No. I figure Ford, Knight and a few others will bolt.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Andrew Buttigieg @AButtigiegmyFM
GOJHL News: St. Thomas native Dan Rose resigns as coach of the Sarnia Legionnaires in the #GOJHL #sttont

Based on the rumour I heard earlier, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he will be the new head coach of the St. Thomas Stars.

And this was next on Andrew's Twitter.

Couple sources I have say that Mark Davis will be the new coach of the Sarnia Legionnaires, but that is not confirmed #GOJHL
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:[/color]

Couple sources I have say that Mark Davis will be the new coach of the Sarnia Legionnaires, but that is not confirmed #GOJHL
Interesting, I guess if that happens Sarnia will become public enemy number one. A lot of hate directed at Davis in Chatham, so i'm guessing it would be more of the same in Sarnia?

He's a great coach and knows how to win, but too much of a sideshow follows him.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Would make sense. the Sarnia GM and Mark Davis have a history Bob was the GM in Wallaceburg and Davis was the coach.
End of a era in Leamington
Wardsville

Post by Wardsville »

Rumor has it sarnia has wanted rose to step down for sometime but it wasn't something rose wanted. Looks like it's only a matter of time Davis is in sarnia..Also heard a couple of old players are going to be assistants. Not sure how much truth will come out of this though
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Better keep an eye on those imports in Sarnia. :P