Falcons Edge Corvairs in Double OT - by Bill Protrecz

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Caledonia Fan

Falcons Edge Corvairs in Double OT - by Bill Protrecz

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Story from the St Catharines Standard.
You want a good laugh read the Reader Comments.
I love the Dungeons and Dragons comment, the come back Is good too LOL
Port hockey1

Re: Falcons Edge Corvairs in Double OT - by Bill Protrecz

Post by Port hockey1 »

Funny thing on that comment section... It has been pointed out that Falcon coach Frank has made some dumb comments.

Calling the Corvairs the so-called best team in the Province. Last time I checked finishing first in the Province makes you the best...Even more so when you're the defending Sutherland Cup champions.

He then says how Caledonia was supposed to blow his Falcons away...Frank, who the hell said that?? Falcons beat them this season and lost a couple of close games to them...So why should they be blowing the Falcons out of the water again???

Classic moronic comments from a man scrambling to save his season. He knows its over, instead of having some integrity and saying congrats to the Corvairs, it's been one shot after another at them.

They're doing what they are supposed to do, beating the Falcons, dominating 90% of the time 5 on 5. They've done this with heavy hearts. Their coach is dealing with a very hard loss and has been absent for the entire series so far.

No comment from the Falcons coach about that, he ignores that aspect of this series and taunts them with verbal jabs after losing the first two games of the series. Only mention has been by Bill.P in the "notes" section of the articles on the Standard.

Frank G. has shown his stripes. He's a classless man. Better start shining up the clubs Frank. :smt005 :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Port, there's no doubt in anyone's mind now, you are a complete babbling idiot. Your distain for Girhiny has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Who said the Corvairs would blow away all competition on their way to another Suthy win ?????, you did, go back and read your Your Tube based findings.

You say the Corvairs are dominating 90% of 5 0n 5. Well guess what brain dead, the Falcons have outscored Caledonia 6 to 5 on 5 on 5 situations over the 3 games. You have acknowledged that you are not that good at math, why do you have to keep proving it ?

We all could live with you cheering Port, then Welland, then Chatham and now Caledonia but why do you keep taking shots at the guys who pour their hearts and souls into making things better for the kids they coach? Again, have you gone mano mano with any of them ?

Girhiny doesn't have to do anything to save his season. His record stands for itself. In four years of coaching the St.Catharines team he has won a Sutherland Cup, got beat out in the Suthy Round Robin once and got beat out last year in the Suthy Finals. Here he is again in the Conference Finals. Geez, his record is quite similar to Bullard's, who I consider one of the best if not the best coach in the league.

From all reports from the people I talk to, Caledonia and St.Catharines coaching staffs have respect and get along well with each other. Why do you keep trying to build wedges between them ? They understand what it takes to win, something none of your chosen teams have been able to accomplish over the last 4 or 5 years. Why do we have to keep hearing your dirty spiteful comments. Its hard to believe one could stoop as low as you have.

One more thing, for the rest of the people who post and read other postings on here. I apologize for making you go through my responses to the keyboard resident of Port Colborne, I promise not to reply to any more of Port's back stabbing, potty mouth comments.

:smt021
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Port, there's no doubt in anyone's mind now, you are a complete babbling idiot. Your distain for Girhiny has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Who said the Corvairs would blow away all competition on their way to another Suthy win ?????, you did, go back and read your Your Tube based findings.

You say the Corvairs are dominating 90% of 5 0n 5. Well guess what brain dead, the Falcons have outscored Caledonia 6 to 5 on 5 on 5 situations over the 3 games. You have acknowledged that you are not that good at math, why do you have to keep proving it ?

We all could live with you cheering Port, then Welland, then Chatham and now Caledonia but why do you keep taking shots at the guys who pour their hearts and souls into making things better for the kids they coach? Again, have you gone mano mano with any of them ?

Girhiny doesn't have to do anything to save his season. His record stands for itself. In four years of coaching the St.Catharines team he has won a Sutherland Cup, got beat out in the Suthy Round Robin once and got beat out last year in the Suthy Finals. Here he is again in the Conference Finals. Geez, his record is quite similar to Bullard's, who I consider one of the best if not the best coach in the league.

From all reports from the people I talk to, Caledonia and St.Catharines coaching staffs have respect and get along well with each other. Why do you keep trying to build wedges between them ? They understand what it takes to win, something none of your chosen teams have been able to accomplish over the last 4 or 5 years. Why do we have to keep hearing your dirty spiteful comments. Its hard to believe one could stoop as low as you have.

One more thing, for the rest of the people who post and read other postings on here. I apologize for making you go through my responses to the keyboard resident of Port Colborne, I promise not to reply to any more of Port's back stabbing, potty mouth comments.

:smt021
Personal attacks, you're quite good at those. :roll:
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Holy crap!!!! Frank keeps saying Caledonia should be blowing them away. Caledonia has held the bulk of the play 5 on 5...The shots prove that alone!

Falcons have potted some goals, nobody said they wouldn't. Go read my prediction for the series. Everything said about their coach is a fact.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Port, there's no doubt in anyone's mind now, you are a complete babbling idiot. Your distain for Girhiny has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Please don't forget the disdain Port has for Bill Potrecz, the Falcons organization or it's fans. Mike Smith(Port hockey) likes to interpret statements the way he see's fit in his twisted little mind. It's all pretty sad really, especially from a so-called "fan" who doesn't even attend the games for whatever excuses he comes up with.
hurricane73

Post by hurricane73 »

Unfortunately Port you can give it out but he sure can't take it You hide behind `I don't want to debate with you' excuse. You should be writing Harlequin Romances where complete fiction is allowed. You claim that the Corvairs got jobbed by the referees in Game 3 in the second O/T period and that he counted 2 or 3 times the Falcons should have had a penalty for the same violation. Well Port I was there and I counted at least 17 obvious violations by the `dirty' Falcons in the first overtime alone. Gee Port, the Corvairs should have had a two-man advantage for the whole period! Gee Port if they didn't score then, the Corvairs should be granted three free shots from centre ice, uncontested and without a goalie, and if they can't score after three shots Port you can protest that the Beer League referees gave them crooked sticks to take the shots with and the Corvairs must win automatically.

This is the type of stupid arguments you've been making Port and if anyone is `BeerLeague' it is you with all your vile and ridiculous comments.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:

Please don't forget the disdain Port has for Bill Potrecz, the Falcons organization or it's fans. Mike Smith(Port hockey) likes to interpret statements the way he see's fit in his twisted little mind. It's all pretty sad really, especially from a so-called "fan" who doesn't even attend the games for whatever excuses he comes up with.
haha, Zant you're a POS. You come on here shooting off at people all the time. Now you're here to defend Frank.G's comments.

Nice one buddy, just as classless as your coach.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hurricane73 wrote:Unfortunately Port you can give it out but he sure can't take it You hide behind `I don't want to debate with you' excuse. You should be writing Harlequin Romances where complete fiction is allowed. You claim that the Corvairs got jobbed by the referees in Game 3 in the second O/T period and that he counted 2 or 3 times the Falcons should have had a penalty for the same violation. Well Port I was there and I counted at least 17 obvious violations by the `dirty' Falcons in the first overtime alone. Gee Port, the Corvairs should have had a two-man advantage for the whole period! Gee Port if they didn't score then, the Corvairs should be granted three free shots from centre ice, uncontested and without a goalie, and if they can't score after three shots Port you can protest that the Beer League referees gave them crooked sticks to take the shots with and the Corvairs must win automatically.

This is the type of stupid arguments you've been making Port and if anyone is `BeerLeague' it is you with all your vile and ridiculous comments.
I said you don't make those calls in OT. I was fine with the calls not being made. Man, getting good at twisting words....I have my opinions, deal with them...Cuz I don't really care what your personal opinions are of me.

Notice I post about hockey...Maybe you people should try the same, your personal attacks only proves my point...Nothing to argue so you leave personal attacks. Keep them coming.
hurricane73

Post by hurricane73 »

Hey Port ...... I appreciate what you are saying, and I have nothing against you personally. I would like to tone down my rhetoric but I see red when I read some of your comments that are either not completely true or show great bias or some of your personal attacks on others that are not founded. I guess we all could do a better job of of not reading too much `between the lines'. In many ways you do a extremely good job for this forum and I only wish you would try and stifle the obvious comments that get many of us upset. Work hard on being fair and objective and I'll try and do the same.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hurricane73 wrote:Hey Port ...... I appreciate what you are saying, and I have nothing against you personally. I would like to tone down my rhetoric but I see red when I read some of your comments that are either not completely true or show great bias or some of your personal attacks on others that are not founded. I guess we all could do a better job of of not reading too much `between the lines'. In many ways you do a extremely good job for this forum and I only wish you would try and stifle the obvious comments that get many of us upset. Work hard on being fair and objective and I'll try and do the same.
Thank you for that post, and I understand some getting angry with some of my views. I try not to sugarcoat things, and yes I've been guilty of going over the top in replies to others.

I think a lot of us have been guilty of doing that on here. I don't expect everyone to agree with me on everything, or anything for that matter. Some times I have strong opinions. I have no problem with my posts being completely picked apart. That's just difference of opinion. I've made a strong effort since I joined this forum to tone things down.

When I disagree I try to point out exactly what I saw or think. It doesn't mean I think I'm always right or that my opinion is better. I just like to post my thoughts, as everyone does. I used to get personal a lot on here, mostly if I felt I was being attacked by a another.

So I guess what i'm saying is I don't mind the back and forth disagreements. It makes things interesting, it also gives me a look at things from a different angle. But when I leave a post without any personal insults at anyone on this forum, I'm a little surprised when the replies are full of them.

I dislike the Falcons organization for many reasons. But I think we all have a team we don't like very much. I hold no personal grudges towards any of their players and wish them the best. I'm just a little frustrated by the coaches comments.

Just like some get frustrated with me. Its all good hurricane, like I said...I know what its like to be frustrated by others on here. And apologies if my thoughts have riled you, that wasn't my intention. Just saying it how I see it. Think its great when we get others giving their takes, just without the insults maybe. :)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Just throwing this out there. Two years ago I cheered the Falcons on as they won the Sutherland Cup. I always cheer for our conference. They haven't won many so its pretty special when we do.

I like to see the best shot from our conference go to the finals. The last two years I've felt it was Caledonia. The year before I felt it was the Falcons(after they made it there).

I've come to like Caledonia as a team and organization. Welland will always be my priority though.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Zant you're a POS.
Well, well, well......I remember you saying you were not going to "respond to posts that you found offensive" with name calling and personal insults anymore but the zantimisfit knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself....lol. I could easily explain to you Girhiny's comments that have upset you so much but I can't be bothered because you are just too stunned to understand.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

zantimisfit wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Zant you're a POS.
Well, well, well......I remember you saying you were not going to "respond to posts that you found offensive" with name calling and personal insults anymore but the zantimisfit knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself....lol.
Yeah, found it funny that you danced around the topic.
I could easily explain to you Girhiny's comments that have upset you so much but I can't be bothered because you are just too stunned to understand.
Anyone can spin things, he's made a spectacle of himself.