Quite the drama tonight in London.

The following is from 15:57 of the 2nd period:

Leamington- Ryan Shipley (Charging)(CHG)2MIN, 15:57
Leamington- Ryan Shipley (High-sticking)(HS)2MIN, 15:57
London- Michael Woolley (Roughing)(RO)2MIN, 15:57
London- Michael Woolley (Inciting an opponent)(Misconduct)(M22)10MIN, 15:57
London- Michael Woolley (Attempt to injure)(Match)(MP40)0MIN, 15:57
London- Michael Woolley (Abuse of officials)(Game Misconduct)(GM21)0MIN, 15:57
London- Anthony Kotsovos (Playing without helmet)(Gross Misconduct)(GRM62)0MIN, 15:57
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: 15:57 Flyers, Nationals

Post by Port hockey1 »

London led 2-0 in the second period, were even out-shooting the Flyers 7-2 in the period...But then the Flyers fired off four straight goals in the 2nd.

Looks like this is it. Congrats on a great playoff run.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

5-2 final. Flyers will likely move on to face LaSalle.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

I'm going to resist the urge to bash the refs because for the second game in a row, the young Nats seemed to beat themselves. Up 2 goals and leading in shots for the first time in the series. Two quick goals by the Flyers and wheels started to wobble. Then Shipley takes a double minor for high sticking Worrad (who had a great game when he wasn't grimacing in pain from a wrecked shoulder that the Flers targeted all night) and charging Robinson on the same play. Yet, Nats lose their cool and end up losing 2 d-men for the balance of the game. Discombobulated, they let two more in and the game was over... they hardly needed to play the third. Disappointing end to a tremendously exciting post-season for these boys. All deserve credit for playing way above expectation. They'll be a force to watch next year. Congrats to the Flyers for a great series and well deserved victory. Wishing them all the best (well, maybe not Muzzin...) and hoping to see them in the Suthie vs Caledonia. Gotta hunch it may be Leamington and Nationals vying for the West bragging rights next season.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

congrats to the Nats on a great season and great run in the playoffs. In my opinion this series can only help the Flyers, coming back from 2-0 down they showed a lot of character and found a way to beat a amazing goalie at this level. Bring on the Finals.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Qwerty wrote:I'm going to resist the urge to bash the refs because for the second game in a row, the young Nats seemed to beat themselves. Up 2 goals and leading in shots for the first time in the series. Two quick goals by the Flyers and wheels started to wobble. Then Shipley takes a double minor for high sticking Worrad (who had a great game when he wasn't grimacing in pain from a wrecked shoulder that the Flers targeted all night) and charging Robinson on the same play. Yet, Nats lose their cool and end up losing 2 d-men for the balance of the game. Discombobulated, they let two more in and the game was over... they hardly needed to play the third. Disappointing end to a tremendously exciting post-season for these boys. All deserve credit for playing way above expectation. They'll be a force to watch next year. Congrats to the Flyers for a great series and well deserved victory. Wishing them all the best (well, maybe not Muzzin...) and hoping to see them in the Suthie vs Caledonia. Gotta hunch it may be Leamington and Nationals vying for the West bragging rights next season.
Great write up. You and Flyers have been a great read all series long. :)

But as for Worrad...Every team goes harder at guys they know are barely able to play. I get where you're coming from though, hard to see that happening as a fan.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:congrats to the Nats on a great season and great run in the playoffs. In my opinion this series can only help the Flyers, coming back from 2-0 down they showed a lot of character and found a way to beat a amazing goalie at this level. Bring on the Finals.
I think the Flyers win the finals...But check out some video of Caledonia on youtube. They'll more than likely be there with the Flyers. A lot better than last season. I really can't see them losing a best of seven series.

A lot of their games are live on ARC PRO (channel name) on youtube. LaSalle, Sarnia & Flyers fans check them out. Will be a nasty opponent.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Port, I agree. My comment re Worrad was more observation than complaint, though it is indeed very hard to watch a kid get targeted like that when you know he's really hurt. It's a rough game and we all know that. If the kid stays put in London and doesn't jump immediately on his ride to NCAA's Clarkson U, he should contend for the West league scoring title next season. He's got all summer to heal. As for Caledonia, I haven't seen them play but they look intimidating as hell on paper. I'm going to throw you a bone here, Port... and it's sincere in it's good intention. It was my view at the beginning of post-season that your Maroons were the club built to tackle the Corvairs. Big, skilled, experienced. The individuals on Chatham combined to make a powerhouse. It's too bad they didn't find the other important elements it takes to make a team...which is why I quietly sympathized with your complaints about coaching a management. Had Morgan stayed healthy (and we don't need to delve into the story behind that injury...) and there been a stronger coach running that bench, they should have steam-rolled the West. I think Leamington is a great team and I wish them well (I'll be rooting for them) but not sure they've got the grit it will take to get past the Corvairs. That's counting chickens though... they still need to get out of the West!
Northofusa19

Post by Northofusa19 »

Qwerty .Lets just say that the Flyers make it out of the west .I don't think the skill level is in Question .They are deep in
that department with two very good lines With Scotts line and Duarts line .But im not sure if you have this one thought
out as much as the Flyer brass . I think they knew going in if they ended up against a big club like the Corvairs ,they may
get outmuscled .They have a team built for their rink and lets just say a B plan for the smaller rink surface .As far as gritty
big players who can match up I think their back end toughness and size are there .Parlatte 6'3 Vrban 6'2 Bechard, Muzzin ,
Shipley all built like Tanks . Then you have three of four forwards like Guilbeault , Moore, Campbell, who all like the grind
game .I think it has the makings for a really good series .Although I still give the edge to Caledonia as the big boys from
Leamington are all generally young .Overall the depth , age , and CHL experience may far outweigh the youth .But both
are defending division champs .Overall I think it could be a great series if the Flyers get past The Vipers or Legionairs .
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Northofusa19 wrote:Qwerty .Lets just say that the Flyers make it out of the west .I don't think the skill level is in Question .They are deep in
that department with two very good lines With Scotts line and Duarts line .But im not sure if you have this one thought
out as much as the Flyer brass . I think they knew going in if they ended up against a big club like the Corvairs ,they may
get outmuscled .They have a team built for their rink and lets just say a B plan for the smaller rink surface .As far as gritty
big players who can match up I think their back end toughness and size are there .Parlatte 6'3 Vrban 6'2 Bechard, Muzzin ,
Shipley all built like Tanks . Then you have three of four forwards like Guilbeault , Moore, Campbell, who all like the grind
game .I think it has the makings for a really good series .Although I still give the edge to Caledonia as the big boys from
Leamington are all generally young .Overall the depth , age , and CHL experience may far outweigh the youth .But both
are defending division champs .Overall I think it could be a great series if the Flyers get past The Vipers or Legionairs .
I'm not positive, but I don't think Caledonia has player that's ever played in the CHL,
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I'm not even sure Chatham at full health could play with Caledonia...I figured they probably had the best shot, and I didn't really want say that I had little confidence in them doing so earlier on here.

I don't know much about Elmira...But they look really good. Good enough to skate with the Corvairs, I don't know...But I do know they aren't as deep as Caledonia either.