Leamington pushes London to brink of elimination with 5-4 win

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Leamington pushes London to brink of elimination with 5-4 win

Post by Port hockey1 »

Leamington came out ahead 5-4 tonight, they now lead the series 3-2. There were some fireworks late in the third period. A Leamington charging penalty, Muzzin took a slashing major. Woolley took a double minor for roughing.

Probably be a suspension for the slashing major.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Re: Leamington pushes London to brink of elimination with 5-4 win

Post by flyers2011 »

stupid penalty by Muzzin, not sure what he was thinking, not sure where they got the charge from, it was more goalie interference. Flyers played a good game tonight, nice comeback bailed out there goalie. Big Mistake putting Wheaton back in after barrett had played so good. Almost came back to bite them, thank god they solved Tugwell.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I'm hoping for A Leamington, Caledonia Sutherland Cup final. Would love to see the Flyers live online.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
insanity

Post by insanity »

good news for the Nats, the pins are going in at a lot of courses in our neck of the woods real soon........a great story coming to it's final chapter
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Nats lost this game... as in they coulda, woulda, shoulda won. They had the lead three times, including going into the third. Once again, too many penalties and undisciplined play in their own end allowed Flyers to get back in it. I will refrain from naming names of the biggest offenders; they know who they are. Tugwell looked human last night, but still played well. Hats off to DiOrio who blocked almost as many pucks as his goaltender; the kid is a true warrior. Scott's short-handed goal was a beauty and a back-breaker. Not sure what happened to Kries and Dulong but neither played in the third; combined with Worrad being out against last night, the Nats were running out of legs in the last half of the third. It's evident Worrad came back too soon in Game 4. I would love to be proven wrong on this, but it also seems evident the Flyers' depth of talent will prevail. It would be a minor miracle for Nats to take it to 7, but as Thomson says: that's why they play the game. I'll save my official congrats to the Flyers till we see what happens in London tonight, other than to say their persistence last night proved they have a championship team that can win with either goaltender. Final comment: Muzzin should receive a multi-game suspension for his flagrant spear to the groin in the dying seconds of the game. No excuses... one of the most cowardly, chicken-sh@t moves I've seen in a long time. Otherwise, Flyers have played with a lot of class.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

well said including about Muzzin, again not sure what he was thinking. Playing at home the Nats will be fired up, will be a very tough game for the Flyers. Should be a beauty
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Port hockey1 wrote:Probably be a suspension for the slashing major.
He'll be out for tonight, but that's it. Slashing major is non-suspendable.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Game sheet says it was GM55 which I believe is 2 games. In my day, it wasn't called a slash when you jabbed someone in the jewels. Whatever... looks to me like he's got two games out to think about it. Lucky for him. Don't think he would escape retribution from the guy he speared.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Leamington - Ryan Muzzin - (Slashing) (Major) (SL), 5 MIN, 19:23
Leamington - Ryan Muzzin - (Slashing) (Game Misconduct) (GM55), 0 MIN, 19:23

Leamington 03/20/15 DEL Muzzin, Ryan (D) placed on league suspension for 1 games

http://www.oha.pointstreaksites.com/fil ... Poster.pdf

The only place GM55 is listed on the Suspension Poster is under Game Ejection/Game Misconduct Penalties in the last 10 minutes. That's the only reason he's suspended, is because it was with 37 seconds left.

The only 5 min. majors that carry a suspension is checking from behind and head check. Slashing, cross checking, interference, high sticking and fighting 5 min. majors are all non-suspendable.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Thanks for clarifying RG.
Northofusa19

Post by Northofusa19 »

My take on the spear. As it happened pretty much in front of me .It was one of the most malicious spears you could imagine .its was directly in the nuts and the kid could have been without kids for life . To me the game has no room for this type of action but if the kid did that to me my gut reaction would be to swing for his head . I hope the coaching staff addresses it .Very violent and uncalled for . My reaction at the time to my buddy was ," holy sh** did you just see that".